HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Trade Deadline Day Thread #2

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2011, 02:44 PM
BobSantos

vCash: 500
What a good deadline. Very happy that no youth was traded away.

Old
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I am pissed, if anything, for us letting Erik Johnson and co without getting a piece. It feels like Slats were preoccupied with looking for rentals. We do not need rentals, we need elite players.
You gotta give to get elite players. Colorado gave up Stewart and Shattenkirk. You wanna move Dubinsky and Del Zotto? Because that probably doesn't get it done (Stewart > Dubinsky by a little, right now).

Old
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

I'm glad sather didn't make a big move, because with this current market he would have most likely had to overpay.So I'm glad I only have to hear people ***** and complain for a day or two about not making a trade rather than ***** and complain for 3 months that we overpaid for Richards or hemsky or whoever.

Old
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
hightide -- It's an even bigger problem, in my view, that there are people here actively encouraging NOT going after Richards in a trade! They just ASSUME he's a guaranteed Ranger on the 1st of July.

The vast majority of Rangers fans seem content on never-ending mediocrity.
And you're assuming that trading for him guarantees him re-signing with us. We are still the favorites to sign him in July. I'd much rather that than give up valuable assets for him now, especially when he's out with a concussion.

No one is advocating mediocrity. We're advocating not giving up valuable assets for a concussed player that we are the favorites to sign in July. From an asset management standpoint, today was a win IMO. LA took themselves out of the running by trading for Penner, and no one else traded for Richards. Unless dallas' ownership situation gets straightened out in the next 4 months, Richards will be a Ranger.

Old
ceyhan

Send a message via AIM to ceyhan
To the guys complaining about not getting Richards,
You do know that REPORTEDLY Dallas wanted Ansiminov, a first rounder, AND
a top prospect. Possibly another role player.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:45 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Deals still not announced but nothing major as far as I can tell.

I have no doubt Slats tried his best and couldn't get the pieces Joe Niuewy wanted, and that's that. 50/50 chance at Richards as an UFA.

BBK, you my friend are looking at a possible league suspension for those headshots you were giving out earlier in this thread, promising big deals and what not, got to box and feel shame !
I feel shame...admitadly
But the outcome could have been much worse
No action is better than negative action

Old
Glennsoe
Horndog

So zuccarello is really sent down?

Or was it only a cap space move and he'll be back next game?

Old
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Gut feeling is that Slats were dangling Zucc for Richars. Showcasing him on the point last night (he was playing the exact same role as BR have for Dal, and sometimes almost for a full PP). Dal was worried about losing BRs PP ability. Wandell in a interview in Sweden. Just guessing of course...
Tortorella has been trying him on the point for awhile now and it's far more likely that it was an attempt to fix a failing PP than showcasing someone

Also think some people are overreacting a bit and going on about being "stuck in mediocrity". Acquiring Richards no matter what is the kind of trading that Smith did and which set this franchise back a decade or more.

Yes the Rangers need a #1 center, and yes they tried to acquire one, but the price wasn't right. That's all. They'll try to sign him in the offseason I'm sure.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:46 PM
MSG the place to be*

Still waiting to hear who was the big deadline winner.

The buyers all made terrible deals as far as I'm concerned.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

How can anyone whine about this? We had a great trading season:

IN: Wolski, McCabe, Mitchell
OUT: Rozsival, Kennedy, 2011 3rd, 2012 7th

This was a seller's market. Prices were inflated. Too many buyers not enough sellers.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

If nothing else, today showed us that

A. Richards wouldn't mind playing for the Rangers, one of his top destinations if not the top outside Dallas

B. The Rangers are very interested in his services, to the point that they were likely dangling at least a first to get him here right now.

Old
azrok22

XM Radio mentioned that the "blue chip prospect" Dallas wanted included with Anisimov and a 1st was none other than Del Zotto.

Excellent non-move by Sather if true.

Old
Levitate

And for the record, Newbury, McDonagh, and Zucarello were all called right back up. It was jsut a paper transaction

Old
02-28-2011, 02:48 PM
terrrrrible

It'd make sense for people to be pissed off about not getting Richards if we were going for it this year. Seems all signs point to him becoming a Ranger in July anyway. Besides, we have like 5 RFAs to resign before we even worry about Richards.

Old
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Well, now we better get Richards July 1st or I'll be very annoyed. He is the answer to our #1 need.

Old
frankthefrowner

Am i the only one who doesnt want Brad Richards at all at this point???? He is going to be 31 years old, he is newly concussed and he is going to command a big contract. Its not the money that scares me but there is no way your getting away witha reasonable 3 year contract. You know damn well he is going to require a 6-7 year commitment.

Havent we been down this road all too often. We sign a guy and then within 2 years we are looking for some poor sap team to dump him off of. How about we dont continue the mistakes of the past and just stay on the course we have been on.

Old
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyhan View Post
To the guys complaining about not getting Richards,
You do know that REPORTEDLY Dallas wanted Ansiminov, a first rounder, AND
a top prospect. Possibly another role player.
sounds exactly like an anisimov, grachev (a top prospect), gilroy or christensen (role player) and a first rounder (which will not be a top 10) proposal.

i'd be stunned if sather did not pull the trigger.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:49 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
i'd give you MDZ, but anisimov can be easily replaced by a boyle or even someone like ethan werek.
So what if he can be replaced? Why waste an asset when you don't have to?

Old
02-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
And you're assuming that trading for him guarantees him re-signing with us. We are still the favorites to sign him in July. I'd much rather that than give up valuable assets for him now, especially when he's out with a concussion.

No one is advocating mediocrity. We're advocating not giving up valuable assets for a concussed player that we are the favorites to sign in July. From an asset management standpoint, today was a win IMO. LA took themselves out of the running by trading for Penner, and no one else traded for Richards. Unless dallas' ownership situation gets straightened out in the next 4 months, Richards will be a Ranger.
Never said it does. But it gives us exclusive negotiating rights for him and we would not have to be bidding against other teams for some time.

We would also have him for THIS playoff run and he could easily win us at least a series. Possibly more. He's been that good in the playoffs.

I would much rather have Richards for 5 and a half years rather than 5 years alone.

If we do not sign Richards in the offseason, we will have massive problems. We have no #1 center. We have not had one in 15 years. One is finally available for us. And we don't make the trade. It's very upsetting as a fan who wants to see this team WIN.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Lindros was a #1 center for us. Hardly gave us success.

Not to mention, Stepan has all the characteristics of a #1 center. I won't be upset if we don't get Richards. I will be upset if we don't lose Drury in the offseason to improve our club though.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Lindros was a #1 center for us. Hardly gave us success.

Not to mention, Stepan has all the characteristics of a #1 center. I won't be upset if we don't get Richards. I will be upset if we don't lose Drury in the offseason to improve our club though.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Still waiting to hear who was the big deadline winner.

The buyers all made terrible deals as far as I'm concerned.
Penner deal isn't terrible. Late first in a ****** draft and a ****** prospect who might become a bottom pairing d-man.

That's like our first and Kundratek. Not bad for a big body presence in Penner.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:55 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
XM Radio mentioned that the "blue chip prospect" Dallas wanted included with Anisimov and a 1st was none other than Del Zotto.

Excellent non-move by Sather if true.
Oh, you mean Nieuwendyk wasn't satisfied with a package centered around Gilroy and Christensen?

DZ, Anisimov, and a 1st would have been absurd for a rental who is currently injured and has no timetable for return. That's a better package than what Kovy or Hossa received, and the Hossa deal also included another roster player in Dupuis.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:55 PM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury37 View Post
Joe N probably didn't want to trade with the Rangers because of his Devils ties....what a hoser
Ha ha, I was thinking along the same lines. I wonder if Nieuwendyk and Sather still have that Calgary - Edmonton rivalry.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:58 PM
SERE 24
LGR

I think Vancouver made the best deals of the day. Higgins and Lappiere aren't impressive acquisitions on paper, but it makes that roster look mighty scary, top to bottom.

Closed Thread