HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thrashers Claim Rob Schremp off Waivers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2011, 11:07 AM
  #1
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor
 
DungeonK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Thrashers Claim Rob Schremp off Waivers

Quote:
@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Thrashers claim Schremp from NYI off waivers
Wow, if Dudley thought Bergfors was a useless floater then he's going to LOVE Schremp. What a waste.

The guy couldn't show enough to stick with literally the two worst teams in the league, what is he going to do with the Thrashers?

DungeonK is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 11:19 AM
  #2
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,445
vCash: 500
What is Duds smoking?

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 11:19 AM
  #3
Le Golie
...
 
Le Golie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Wow, if Dudley thought Bergfors was a useless floater then he's going to LOVE Schremp. What a waste.

The guy couldn't show enough to stick with literally the two worst teams in the league, what is he going to do with the Thrashers?
Explain how the Islanders, a team that is not worst or second worst in the league, is literally one of the two worst teams in the league.

Le Golie is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 11:20 AM
  #4
The Maltais Falcon
Registered User
 
The Maltais Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Give up Bergfors? Fine, OK. Not pleased about it but I can understand the rationale. Then pluck Schremp off waivers? Makes zero sense.

The Maltais Falcon is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 11:23 AM
  #5
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
maybe he thought he was on Red Lobster's website and was ordering Shrimp?

Does Chicago Wolves need a slow, bad defensive waste to fill the AHL roster? Maybe it's a makeup for someone we are going to move outta Chicago.....fingers crossed.

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 11:26 AM
  #6
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor
 
DungeonK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
Explain how the Islanders, a team that is not worst or second worst in the league, is literally one of the two worst teams in the league.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/nyi/depthchart

Also, sorry- didn't realize they had clawed past Ottawa, 3rd worst.

DungeonK is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 11:36 AM
  #7
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
Awesome, a slow shootout specialist.

I hope he does well but I'm not expecting much at all.

headsigh is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 11:40 AM
  #8
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,606
vCash: 500
Imagine his hands on Stewart's body. Oooohhhhh baby.















Because Rob has no speed you see.

Lynk is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 11:46 AM
  #9
Antidote
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
For what it's worth, he was injured for the first month but then pretty much continued at the previous season's pace. Most of his points 10 12 - 22 were picked up in the first 25 games and his +- was even. His play fell off a cliff after that and his +- went south. Maybe the Thrashers had an inside scoop on why his play changed very suddenly.

Look on it this as a 19 game audition. He might help the 2nd PP unit and he's good in shootouts. Low risk and still a chance of a reward from a first round pick.

Antidote is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 11:48 AM
  #10
GetPucksDeep
Registered User
 
GetPucksDeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the other Duluth
Country: United States
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maltais Falcon View Post
Give up Bergfors? Fine, OK. Not pleased about it but I can understand the rationale. Then pluck Schremp off waivers? Makes zero sense.
Makes HUGE sense.

Comier - center - injured
Slater - center - injured
Burmistrov - center - injured.

So they pick up a center to get them through the first week of April.

It's not ROCKET SURGERY people. It's called just trying to ice a team.

GetPucksDeep is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 12:00 PM
  #11
Aaronxxx
Registered User
 
Aaronxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
get out of here with your rationality!

Aaronxxx is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 12:06 PM
  #12
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
get out of here with your rationality!
lol...:takes lithium:

Sabreality is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 12:07 PM
  #13
flerd_trandle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Because Rob has no speed you see.
This was funny to me because I read it in Bill Cosby's voice.

flerd_trandle is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 12:15 PM
  #14
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flerd_trandle View Post
This was funny to me because I read it in Bill Cosby's voice.
I was still trying to recover from a bad mental picture caused by the first part of that post.....

KevFist is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 12:18 PM
  #15
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
I was still trying to recover from a bad mental picture caused by the first part of that post.....


Lynk is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 12:20 PM
  #16
superjonathan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: london, uk
Country: Canada
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
i hate rob schremp and have since he was 16 or so. i've never rooted so much for someone to fail. it's hard not to love that as cocky as he was (is?), that he's having trouble keeping an nhl roster spot. whether or not it makes sense to claim him i wish we hadn't.

superjonathan is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 02:48 PM
  #17
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army
 
Peter Sidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
maybe he thought he was on Red Lobster's website and was ordering Shrimp?
Hehe.

RK: Larry, its going to be a long night with the deadline tomorrow, can you please be a good assistant GM and order me some shrimp, i've been a bit to busy attending to other GM enquires to have dinner.

LS: [An hour later] I made the waiver claim for Rob Schremp as requested.

RK: You did what?


Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 03:08 PM
  #18
jazznik
Thrashers forever
 
jazznik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPucksDeep View Post
Makes HUGE sense.

Comier - center - injured
Slater - center - injured
Burmistrov - center - injured.

So they pick up a center to get them through the first week of April.

It's not ROCKET SURGERY people. It's called just trying to ice a team.
Well we've got Little, Antropov, Wheeler and Thorburn who have all played center at some point and i'd take those 4 over Schremp anyday. Plus we just acquired Maxwell in the Sopel trade, who Dudley must be high on. Why not just call him up?

The Thing that reeeaaaaalllllyyyyyyy gets me if that we passed on ZHERDEV and claimed Schremp. They are both highly skilled, soft forwards with questionable character but Zherdev's twice the player that Schremp is. AND why move Bergfors because of his soft and streaky play and then claim a guy thats even more streaky and even more soft?

jazznik is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 03:14 PM
  #19
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,078
vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznik View Post
Well we've got Little, Antropov, Wheeler and Thorburn who have all played center at some point and i'd take those 4 over Schremp anyday. Plus we just acquired Maxwell in the Sopel trade, who Dudley must be high on. Why not just call him up?

The Thing that reeeaaaaalllllyyyyyyy gets me if that we passed on ZHERDEV and claimed Schremp. They are both highly skilled, soft forwards with questionable character but Zherdev's twice the player that Schremp is. AND why move Bergfors because of his soft and streaky play and then claim a guy thats even more streaky and even more soft?
Zherdev may be twice the player, but he's also got twice as much attitude problems. We don't need him in our locker room. Schremp won't be a problem in that regard. Btw, they did consider picking up Zherdev, but decided not too.

BigTuna49 is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 03:27 PM
  #20
jazznik
Thrashers forever
 
jazznik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Zherdev may be twice the player, but he's also got twice as much attitude problems. We don't need him in our locker room. Schremp won't be a problem in that regard. Btw, they did consider picking up Zherdev, but decided not too.
I don't know how you can say Zherdev has 'twice as much attitude'. I think people just see the fact that he is russian and went back to play over there as "oh he's a greedy Russian, with attitude problems". I've not heard of any attitude problems since he came back to play for the Flyers (i may be wrong).

The guy could have stayed in Russia the rest of his career and had it easy but he came back to the NHL to prove himself, no doubt taking a paycut to do so. How that equate's to questionable character i'm not sure.

I'm not saying Zherdev's a saint and there have been instances in the past of questionable character but to say he's got more attitude than Rob 'the ego' Schremp seems a bit flippant. If you can back it up with proof i'll happily admit i was wrong.

I'd take Zherdev's questionable character and three 20 goal seasons over Schremps character and zero 20 goal seasons anyday

jazznik is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 04:25 PM
  #21
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor
 
DungeonK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznik View Post
I don't know how you can say Zherdev has 'twice as much attitude'. I think people just see the fact that he is russian and went back to play over there as "oh he's a greedy Russian, with attitude problems". I've not heard of any attitude problems since he came back to play for the Flyers (i may be wrong).

The guy could have stayed in Russia the rest of his career and had it easy but he came back to the NHL to prove himself, no doubt taking a paycut to do so. How that equate's to questionable character i'm not sure.

I'm not saying Zherdev's a saint and there have been instances in the past of questionable character but to say he's got more attitude than Rob 'the ego' Schremp seems a bit flippant. If you can back it up with proof i'll happily admit i was wrong.

I'd take Zherdev's questionable character and three 20 goal seasons over Schremps character and zero 20 goal seasons anyday
I'm in the exact same boat- the ONLY practical advantage Schremp has over Zherdev is that he can play center.


Last edited by DungeonK: 02-28-2011 at 04:47 PM.
DungeonK is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 04:33 PM
  #22
Antidote
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Schremp's issues are all on the ice now. He's a first-on, last-off rink rat who tosses pucks to kids etc. and signs autographs all day. He's also been great in the room by all reports.

Whether he can add value to the team on the ice is wait and see.

Antidote is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 04:35 PM
  #23
SilverRiver89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 1365
Whatever attitude problems Zherdev has was enough to stop us from claiming him. It's confirmed already that's the reason we didn't get him. Not sure what exactly has been going on with him, but it at least seems big enough that we didn't bother even taking a chance on him.

We should probably ask the Flyers board for more information though. He's been scratched a lot, but Philly also has enough depth to do that so it doesn't mean anything in itself.

SilverRiver89 is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 05:30 PM
  #24
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,282
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPucksDeep View Post
Makes HUGE sense.

Comier - center - injured
Slater - center - injured
Burmistrov - center - injured.

So they pick up a center to get them through the first week of April.

It's not ROCKET SURGERY people. It's called just trying to ice a team.
Rocket surgery? Didn't expect that one. Besides, don't know what the problem is, schremp can be a good pick up, it's an experiment, roll with it.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 05:58 PM
  #25
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
I watched him in Edmonton, and the guy just doesn't have the talent. He can do little tricks in shootouts, but in a game situation, he simply isn't NHL-caliber.

Lux Aurumque* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.