Calgary has required Freddy Modin.

Feaster has had history with the player from Tampa in 2004 cup winning season

Thoughts?

luckyirish83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 02:31 PM
getoverit

vCash: 500
added a little depth for a bag of pucks for a 7th round pic. Man he is old, he was ok 5 years ago. Not exciting. Nice to see our new interim GM use his ALL his connections for this fabulous addition.

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by getoverit View Post
added a little depth for a bag of pucks for a 7th round pic. Man he is old, he was ok 5 years ago. Not exciting. Nice to see our new interim GM use his ALL his connections for this fabulous addition.
what else would you expect?

a blockbuster trade? Everyone anticipated little to no movement by the Flames. I think the team has more depth now nothing else.

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 02:39 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselCGY View Post
what else would you expect?

a blockbuster trade? Everyone anticipated little to no movement by the Flames. I think the team has more depth now nothing else.
Exactly, low risk move for a good playoff performer.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:00 PM
luckyirish83

I don't mind the trade at all to be quite honest...

He is known to be a beast come playoff time. We got him for a very very low draft pick seeing as he is a UFA at the end of the year.

We all knew that there was not going to be a big splash and Feaster said himself that he would like to add a top 9 depth forward and depth defenceman so there we have it!

It is a very safe signing and does not distrupt the roster too much at all.

If anything...he is a great depth forward who is great in the playoffs

I like it!

luckyirish83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 734
Quote:
Considering he has no connections with the Atlanta organization...

Not a terrible pickup, for a short term rental. If he can bring a few goals with him, that's fine with me.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
I have no strong feelings on this deal one way or another.

At best we get a great locker room guy who will contribute any way he can whether its on or off the ice. At worst we gave up a 7th for a guy who wont play and have no effect in the dressing room which would only be slightly worse than using it to pick a guy who probably wont play.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:59 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Can't hurt, right? A playoff performer, UFA at the end of the season, and we effectively got him and Carson for a 7th round pick, which frankly I don't mind giving up.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:09 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Gave up a 7th today and we acquired Modin and Carson. Depth moves because, like Feaster said, we don't want to take away the future.

I'm glad he didn't push the panic button or anything.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:33 PM
tfong

I wonder why we can't just call up someone like nemo for the playoffs and had to waste a pick on someone that is -11 and 5 points in his last 15 po games.since we dont have our second and third it would've beennice to keep that pick.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:36 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
I wonder why we can't just call up someone like nemo for the playoffs and had to waste a pick on someone that is -11 and 5 points in his last 15 po games.since we dont have our second and third it would've beennice to keep that pick.
Are you actually comparing a 7th round pick to a 3rd and 2nd.

Old
02-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

vCash: 240
Is that 7th round pick really going to land us something incredible in a weak draft? Doubtful. I'd rather have Modin here for depth.

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:46 PM
flamesfan5

Quote:
HAHA yes that pick was very important to the teams future!!

flamesfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:54 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan5 View Post
HAHA yes that pick was very important to the teams future!!
Troy bouwer, hunwick, hornqvist, gustad, campoli, svatos, Lombardi, pavelski, demers, strahlman, kostitsyn. A pick is a pick. Its up to the team to determine if it's wasted or not. There are a lot more nhlers that come out of the 7th round than u would think. These are only ones I can think of right now.

I'd rather give the time to guys like nemo and the others to see what they can do.

Old
02-28-2011, 04:59 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Troy bouwer, hunwick, hornqvist, gustad, campoli, svatos, Lombardi, pavelski, demers, strahlman, kostitsyn. A pick is a pick. Its up to the team to determine if it's wasted or not. There are a lot more nhlers that come out of the 7th round than u would think.
None that are serious impact players, the odds of getting a player in that round that will be a big player for your team one day are slim. Even the players in that list are not that great. So we should have saved that 7th rounder to have maybe have a 4th line forward/ #7 dman in 5 years?

Old
02-28-2011, 04:59 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

Quote:
Troy bouwer, hunwick, hornqvist, gustad, campoli, svatos, Lombardi, pavelski, demers, strahlman, kostitsyn. A pick is a pick. Its up to the team to determine if it's wasted or not. There are a lot more nhlers that come out of the 7th round than u would think.
The last Flames 7th rounder to become an NHLer was David Moss who was drafted in 2001, and before than it was Ladislav Kohn in 1994. Lets be realistic here, it doesn't happen that often. Twice in the past 30 years for us. Don't lose any sleep over it.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:05 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
None that are serious impact players, the odds of getting a player in that round that will be a big player for your team one day are slim. Even the players in that list are not that great. So we should have saved that 7th rounder to have maybe have a 4th line forward/ #7 dman in 5 years?
http://canucksarmy.com/2011/2/25/val...ng-draft-picks

A 9% estimate of an nhler. You guys are treating the pick as a 0% you dont just throw them away for bench warmers. That's my point. A dollar wasted is still a dollar wasted regardless howmuch money you earn.

Pavelski isn't an impact player?

Id like to have a David moss 4/5 years down the road instead of a player we can easily replace using our farm team.

Last edited by tfong: 02-28-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old
02-28-2011, 05:09 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:

A 9% estimate of an nhler. You guys are treating the pick as a 0% you dont just throw them away for bench warmers. That's my point. A dollar wasted is still a dollar wasted regardless howmuch money you earn.

So you have one example of a player over the past 10 years? God please give us back that 7th rounder!!!

Old
02-28-2011, 05:22 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

Quote:

Id like to have a David moss 4/5 years down the road instead of a player we can easily replace using our farm team.
That's fine dude but you did the math yourself... there's 100% chance that we gained a useful player now and a 91% chance we didn't give up anything substantial to get him. So what's the problem?

Old
02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
getoverit

I didnt say he had a connection with Atlanta, his connection is that he played for Tampa the year they won the cup. And that move was the best he could do

In reality, this trade doesnt hurt the flames and really didnt cost nothing. So I really have no issue with it.

Fact is I dont want to see him get graduated from interim GM, I am still not convinced he is the guy. He's great with media, honest yet tells you nothing and this recent role of success is not in direct relation to him, but direct to Darryl vacating his role, didnt matter who was behind Darryl yet it seems he gets the acholades. So what has he done as interim, waived 2 people, picked one up on waivers and made a minor deal for a 7th round draft pick.

I honestly dont think Feaster has the impact and influence to get things done in the capacity as GM let alone credibility

Feaster is the "waterboy" with some quality H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Considering he has no connections with the Atlanta organization...

Not a terrible pickup, for a short term rental. If he can bring a few goals with him, that's fine with me.

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:49 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
I didnt say he had a connection with Atlanta, his connection is that he played for Tampa the year they won the cup. And that move was the best he could do

In reality, this trade doesnt hurt the flames and really didnt cost nothing. So I really have no issue with it.

Fact is I dont want to see him get graduated from interim GM, I am still not convinced he is the guy. He's great with media, honest yet tells you nothing and this recent role of success is not in direct relation to him, but direct to Darryl vacating his role, Feaster could have been anyone and we still would have had the same affect. So what has he done as interim, waived 2 people, picked one up on waivers and made a minor deal for a 7th round draft pick. I honestly dont think he has the impact and influence to get things done in this capacity, and credibility, thats a whole different conversation .

So what was Feaster suppose to do to prove this to you? He did the moves that were needed in the organizations situation, don't know what more he can do to prove himself.

Old
02-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Signature
Robin Williams RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
So what was Feaster suppose to do to prove this to you? He did the moves that were needed in the organizations situation, don't know what more he can do to prove himself.
Well obviously the Flames needs are still a number 1 centre and a better pool of picks or prospects, all while not dealing existing picks or prospects which he has failed to do somehow, WTF!.
All the while, doing that and to get those resources while not messing with the team chemistry, meaning very little dealing of roster players.

Man, Feaster blows... cannot see why you defend him. SARCASM~

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

Quote:
Troy bouwer, hunwick, hornqvist, gustad, campoli, svatos, Lombardi, pavelski, demers, strahlman, kostitsyn. A pick is a pick. Its up to the team to determine if it's wasted or not. There are a lot more nhlers that come out of the 7th round than u would think. These are only ones I can think of right now.

I'd rather give the time to guys like nemo and the others to see what they can do.
Modin is still better then some players on your list

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:58 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:

For a 7th round pick, what did you think we should have gotten? That was the best he could do without giving up roster players, like Feaster said he wanted to do. So he gives up a 7th today, brings in two depth players with expiring contracts at the end of the year.

Feaster did well today. I don't know what people have to complain about.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:07 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Well obviously the Flames needs are still a number 1 centre and a better pool of picks or prospects, all while not dealing existing picks or prospects which he has failed to do somehow, WTF!.
All the while, doing that and to get those resources while not messing with the team chemistry, meaning very little dealing of roster players.

Man, Feaster blows... cannot see why you defend him. SARCASM~
In summary, Feaster did everything he said he'd do and everything he had the capacity to do, and we are all very disappointed in him for doing so Bring back that guy who landed Steady Steve at last years deadline for a 3rd and a player! What a deal.