HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[VAN/ANA] Maxim Lapierre and MacGregor Sharp for J. Perreault and 2013 3rd

Old
02-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
As I said in another thread Lapierre seems to be the 'anti-Canuck' this season. Gillis must be confident he can keep him under control or this trade never happens.

I'm a bit disappointed but I'll save any *****ing for when I actually see a game with our new acquisitions.

Winnipeg Jets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:25 PM
NuxFan09

vCash: 500
Big, big fan of this move. I'm glad this team again has a player that other players seem to loathe. As has been mentioned, Kesler and Burrows became more of an offensive threat to other teams, rather than agitators. Lapierre is also a great utility player; he's a good faceoff guy, has great wheels and he hits. The guy also has some skill and can play with the puck. He improves our 4th line tremendously!

I just wish Oreskovich didn't have to be sent down. I figured he would be a great fit with Lapierre. Both of them are fast skaters and can throw crushing hits. Seems like they would be a good duo.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
#40 here
He's wearing 24, Higgins gets 20

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:26 PM
BoHorvatFan

He was awsome against Washington last year, he knows what it takes to win in the playoffs and I'm sure his history with AV will be a good thing.

And just because Kesler and Burrows stopped the annoying and chirping because they are top 6 players doesn't mean there isn't a spot for a guy to do that. They had to stop to focus on their much more important roles.

Oh and he has great speed. An Oreskovich, Lappy, Glass line can bring some serious energy.

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
As I said in another thread Lapierre seems to be the 'anti-Canuck' this season. Gillis must be confident he can keep him under control or this trade never happens.
I don't think he's necessarily the anti-Canucks type player. Gillis doesn't seem to want his top 6 to get involved yapping and after the whistle crap but I don't think he'd have much of a problem with some antics on the 4th line as long as we're not getting penalties. Lapierre is not a lazy player or anything like that so in that sense he fits. AV seems to have had a good coaching relationship with him so I'm sure they're confident that he will play the way AV wants him to play.

Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
The other thing of note is we added two guys who are very comfortable on the PK to our bottom six. Now basically our entire bottom six consists of guys who can play significant short-handed minutes. The one place I see posters compliment Lapierre the most is his tenacity on the PK. Higgins is just a guy who is running out of chances, and should have all the reasons in the world to find his place here.

Fictional Realism is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:35 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post

I'm a bit disappointed but I'll save any *****ing for when I actually see a game with our new acquisitions.
They don't want him to shut up...he is replacing Burrows and Kesler who were asked to focus on just playing because they are top 6 skilled forwards. Between Torres, Lapierre , Hansen and Glass the opposing D is going to hate retrieving the pucks in their own end boards.

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:38 PM
CamronGiles*

love this ****en move, in gillis we trust

CamronGiles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:38 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokies430 View Post
Habs fan here. I loved LaPierre when he played in Montreal but many didn't. He is yappy and abrasive (which I like in a player) but he tends to stir things up then run and hide behind the ref. be ready for lots of criticism for that kind of behaviour.
He also isn't afraid to go to the tough spots in the slot and the corners. He is a quick player and pretty good with the puck. Don't expect him to be a super star but he definately will annoy the h*ll out of a lot of your opponents with his mouth and facial expressions. Congratulations.....you are about the be entertained.
We're Canucks fans, we still get partial blame whenever Cooke does something. We're used to it.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
The other thing of note is we added two guys who are very comfortable on the PK to our bottom six. Now basically our entire bottom six consists of guys who can play significant short-handed minutes. The one place I see posters compliment Lapierre the most is his tenacity on the PK. Higgins is just a guy who is running out of chances, and should have all the reasons in the world to find his place here.
That is definitely a plus. I have seen times where Kesler has just looked physically warn down. Hopefully if AV can cut down his SH ice time significantly it will help. The thing with Kesler is that he plays a hard game unlike the Sedins. The wear and tear will affect him more than them. Stuff like blocked shots, etc. The same goes with Burrows. Malhotra and Lapierre are both very good on draws so hopefully they take the bulk of PK duty and Kesler mops up if necessary. I think getting Kesler to about 20 mins of ice time per game will be huge during the stretch run and into the playoffs. If you look at his game log, most of the nights that he has had multi goal/point games are nights that he plays under 20 mins (or close to it).

Last edited by Placebo Effect: 02-28-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I don't think he's necessarily the anti-Canucks type player. Gillis doesn't seem to want his top 6 to get involved yapping and after the whistle crap but I don't think he'd have much of a problem with some antics on the 4th line as long as we're not getting penalties. Lapierre is not a lazy player or anything like that so in that sense he fits. AV seems to have had a good coaching relationship with him so I'm sure they're confident that he will play the way AV wants him to play.
Yeah, some people seem to be completely misinterpreting the no-yapping thing. It's not about good sportsmanship, AV just doesn't want Burrows and Kesler getting caught up in that because they have more important things to concentrate on. With Lapierre, that's what he's there for. Agitating is his job. Better to have a fourth-liner doing that than top-6 players - and lately, the top guys have started up with that stuff again. Lapierre talks enough for three guys, Kesler and Burrows don't need to anymore.

Lard_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:41 PM
BoHorvatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
They don't want him to shut up...he is replacing Burrows and Kesler who were asked to focus on just playing because they are top 6 skilled forwards. Between Torres, Lapierre , Hansen and Glass the opposing D is going to hate retrieving the pucks in their own end boards.
Exactly!

The bottom six is fast and physical I love it!

Old
02-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Could you imagine if we added J. Ruutu as well? Having Burrows, Kesler, Torres, Ruutu, Lapierre, Hansen, Glass, Ballard & Bieksa on one lineup would drive people insane

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
Well if Gillis/AV want him to be a yapper I'm all for it. I find that those types of players are extremely effective if they're smart about it. I love watching troll jobs in the NHL, only when they're not against the team I'm rooting for

Winnipeg Jets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Johnny Canucker

I'm worried about what this clown will do to our locker room. I've never seen guys get along so well on a team as we have now, but I dont want a marginal player to ruin that

he certainly does have a bad rep.

Johnny Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:51 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Love the cojones on Gillis. Great moves.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Johnny Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Could you imagine if we added J. Ruutu as well? Having Burrows, Kesler, Torres, Ruutu, Lapierre, Hansen, Glass, Ballard & Bieksa on one lineup would drive people insane
and we would lose every game.

Old
02-28-2011, 06:53 PM
BoHorvatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Canucker View Post
I'm worried about what this clown will do to our locker room. I've never seen guys get along so well on a team as we have now, but I dont want a marginal player to ruin that

he certainly does have a bad rep.
I bet Burrows, Kesler, Bieksa and the boys will welcome him with open arms. Those guys have a unique sense of humour and Lapierre will fit right in. **** disturbers tend to get along well with other **** disturbers.

Old
02-28-2011, 06:57 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikSedinFan View Post
I bet Burrows, Kesler, Bieksa and the boys will welcome him with open arms. Those guys have a unique sense of humour and Lapierre will fit right in. **** disturbers tend to get along well with other **** disturbers.
Absolutely and if any **** goes down, AV will know how to handle Lapierre as they have history together.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

Heh, Lapierre to wear Cooke's old #24; now that's pretty perfect.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:02 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
I'm worried
colour me surprised

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Johnny Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post
colour me surprised
because I dont want another MAtt Cooke v2.0?? I dont like how when cooke was here we would all have to defend his dirty hits and non fighting, then when he left we blast him for that. I dont want another Cooke

Old
02-28-2011, 07:13 PM
ahmon

Quote:
because I dont want another MAtt Cooke v2.0?? I dont like how when cooke was here we would all have to defend his dirty hits and non fighting, then when he left we blast him for that. I dont want another Cooke
Never understood why people hate cooke.

He would agitate the other team. He drew more penalties than he took.

He threw big hits that can hurt a player, in the playoffs, that can be only a positive for us.

He was very good on the PK. And cooke even had some offensive ability. And scored some big goals for us.

Sure sometimes he hides, but hes an agitator for crying out loud, do you think bolland will not hide from tanner glass?
or burish actually would have fought hordichuk before?

Cooke was valuable.

ahmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

Lapierre on Vigneault:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver Sun
"I spent three years with him in junior and he is pretty much the first coach I had who really taught me system wise and real hockey," Lapierre said. "He was in the NHL before he came to junior so he helped me a lot in my development when I was young and I'm glad I am back with him."

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...#ixzz1FJ3J7gw1
Sound good. Hopefully these guys have some sort of bromance that turns Lapierre into a legit shut-down style player.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:19 PM
timorousme
luongod

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmon View Post
Never understood why people hate cooke.

He would agitate the other team. He drew more penalties than he took.

He threw big hits that can hurt a player, in the playoffs, that can be only a positive for us.

He was very good on the PK. And cooke even had some offensive ability. And scored some big goals for us.

Sure sometimes he hides, but hes an agitator for crying out loud, do you think bolland will not hide from tanner glass?
or burish actually would have fought hordichuk before?

Cooke was valuable.
its the fighting. he's too dirty of a player not to have the honour to back up his actions.

timorousme is offline   Reply With Quote