HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Senators Need Supporting Cast

Old
02-28-2011, 05:05 PM
DiamondJoeQuimby

vCash: 500
Senators Need Supporting Cast

I just did my first "real" deal of my tenure, swapping Carson to Philly for Ryan Jones. I'm not finished dealing, I'm extremely unhappy with our offense.

Havlat, Doan and Holmstrom are available. If possible I would like to acquire another centerman so that Kesler & Zetterberg could be tried on the first line together.

Other than that the 3rd line must get better. I'm willing to trade 2011 picks, prospects other than Bobrovsky to improve the bottom 2 lines, especially the 3rd line.

And really, I'm not that happy with our D other than Lidstrom and Campbell. I've got a lot of free agents and I'd like to find a 3rd offensive defenseman.

DiamondJoeQuimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 05:50 PM
DiamondJoeQuimby

Second trade is done:

Daniel Carcillo & OTT 3rd round pick to Islanders
Mike Grier & DAL 7th round pick coming to Ottawa.

Grier will boost our 3rd line for the rest of the season.

DiamondJoeQuimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

I'm still baffled at what Philly sent to Phoenix to pick up Carcillo in the NHL. Upshall +? Seriously? I know he's a feisty little agitator, and he can occasionally pot a gola for you, but really?

Grier is a good add for a veteran club looking to make hay while it can. I suspect the Isles are looking at this mostly as a way to add another Day One pick, so it works for them too.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 07:56 PM
islanders

Send a message via ICQ to islanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
I'm still baffled at what Philly sent to Phoenix to pick up Carcillo in the NHL. Upshall +? Seriously? I know he's a feisty little agitator, and he can occasionally pot a gola for you, but really?

Grier is a good add for a veteran club looking to make hay while it can. I suspect the Isles are looking at this mostly as a way to add another Day One pick, so it works for them too.
I made the trade because I have players to replace Grier and his $2.5M for a 4th line player was tad bit high for me. Also, picking up Carcillo is not a bad move given his style of play and he could compliment Avery

islanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:04 AM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders View Post
I made the trade because I have players to replace Grier and his $2.5M for a 4th line player was tad bit high for me. Also, picking up Carcillo is not a bad move given his style of play and he could compliment Avery
All true and reasonable. But if that means you're not interested in the draft pick, you can always send it my way...

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 05:36 AM
HFNHL Commish

Send a message via AIM to HFNHL Commish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
It was definitely a cap-motivated deal, as Philly saw Richards' and Carter's contracts on the horizon, and figured something had to give. Why the Carcillo deal exactly came to pass, though, is still a minor head-scratcher.

HFNHL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote