HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Your 2004 NHL Nashville Predators Draftees

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Your 2004 NHL Nashville Predators Draftees

15) Alexander Radulov
81) Vaclav Meidl
107) Nick Fugere
139) Kyle Moir
147) Janne Niskala
178) Michael Santorelli
193) Kevin Schaeffer
209) Stanislav Balan
243) Denis Kulyash
258) Pekka Rinne
275) Craig Switzer

Old
06-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quite a few overagers in the bottom rounds, but that is typical for our organization. Niskala looks like we are attempting to draft another Zidlicky in the making, and Fugere is a beast size wise...

I'm not too update on the rest of the 2nd day picks....anyone else know much about these guys?

06-27-2004, 01:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Quite a few overagers in the bottom rounds, but that is typical for our organization. Niskala looks like we are attempting to draft another Zidlicky in the making, and Fugere is a beast size wise...

I'm not too update on the rest of the 2nd day picks....anyone else know much about these guys?
Balan and Santorelli, if you look them up on Hockey's Future...both sound like offensive dynamos. Balan had an immediate impact in the Czech Extraliga as a great playmaking\scoring center and Santorelli was Vernon of the BCHL's top scorer by wide margin.

The overagers, my guess, are to hopefully replace some of the exiled Admirals that are leaving.

Old
06-27-2004, 03:16 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:

The only thing I know about Fugere is he is one of the better fighters in the Q, but with a 4th round selection I'm hoping he can do more then that. I was hoping Prust would still be available in the 4th, but he wasn't

Old
06-27-2004, 03:40 PM
Pekka Lampinen

In case somebody didn't know, Niskala was featured in this article. By the way, Pekka Rinne backs up Niklas Bäckström (also in the article) in Kärpät, and I find it absolutely hilarious that Preds scouts have been to the team's games and pass up on one of the best goalies in Europe for the second-string goalie with no potential. Oh well, that's the draft for ya.

Old
06-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

Kevin Schaeffer is out of Boston University. I really love this kid and it's nice to see that he got drafted. The most noticeable aspect about Schaeffer is his cannon-like shot. This kid's shot is the NCAA's version of Al MacInnis'. He's got excellent offensive abilities (heck, he even scored a hat-trick vs. Yale back in Novmeber) and isn't a defensive liability. Has good vision too.

Old
06-27-2004, 08:43 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laituri
In case somebody didn't know, Niskala was featured in this article. By the way, Pekka Rinne backs up Niklas Bäckström (also in the article) in Kärpät, and I find it absolutely hilarious that Preds scouts have been to the team's games and pass up on one of the best goalies in Europe for the second-string goalie with no potential. Oh well, that's the draft for ya.
That's why they get paid the big bucks and we sit here posting on HF. They see the things that are blind to us.

Old
06-27-2004, 09:50 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
That's why they get paid the big bucks and we sit here posting on HF. They see the things that are blind to us.

i don't think we were drafting for someone to come in..down the road. i think we picked the guy we did because he's overage and has a limiited upside...in short...a chris mason for milwaukee. this guy will be brought over to quietly back up finley.

Old
06-28-2004, 04:05 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i don't think we were drafting for someone to come in..down the road. i think we picked the guy we did because he's overage and has a limiited upside...in short...a chris mason for milwaukee. this guy will be brought over to quietly back up finley.
Love the avatar, where'd you get the picture?

Old
06-28-2004, 04:41 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
its on the preds main page

Old
06-28-2004, 05:25 AM
Korkki

Niskala is the second coming of Kimmo Timonen with lesser defensive skills and more desire to attack. Some of his goals last season came when he was in the front of attack, so not very defensive guy. He also got credits from someone when beating the Latvian international captain Vyacheslav Fanduls in a very uneven fight. Fanduls is far from a fighter, actually a very soft guy so that is not a merit at all...

Old
06-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Flonaldo

Quote:
Yes, they saw that Rinne is 3-4 inches taller than Bäckström. :-) Stevie Wonder, here I come!

Old
06-28-2004, 09:28 AM
czechhockeyfan

Quote:
Balan and Santorelli, if you look them up on Hockey's Future...both sound like offensive dynamos. Balan had an immediate impact in the Czech Extraliga as a great playmaking\scoring center and Santorelli was Vernon of the BCHL's top scorer by wide margin.

The overagers, my guess, are to hopefully replace some of the exiled Admirals that are leaving.
I saw Balan many times. He will need lots of time to develop physically but he could be steal. He should have been drafted much earlier.

Old
07-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Raimo Sillanpää

Rinne is 21, with goalies, anything can happen (most starters are 6th round or later picks) , Bäckström is 29? Too old to try and convert his game to the small ice..

worth taking the risk on Rinne, at 258, everythings a gamble, I'd rather gamble on a goalie at that number as thats where they tend to come from!

Old
07-01-2004, 11:41 AM
psycho_dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korkki
Niskala is the second coming of Kimmo Timonen with lesser defensive skills and more desire to attack. Some of his goals last season came when he was in the front of attack, so not very defensive guy. He also got credits from someone when beating the Latvian international captain Vyacheslav Fanduls in a very uneven fight. Fanduls is far from a fighter, actually a very soft guy so that is not a merit at all...
I think this board is meant for not biased reviewing. Your post shows the hate for Niskala's team (big rivalry between Niskalas team and the one this poster is rooting for), especially when you start to talk about how he beat the defenceless Fanduls. Fanduls challenged him to fight, more than once in that game. He got what he ordered, total beating. Niskala is not meant to be an enforcer, so do not focus on that. He was the top goal scoring defenseman in the league last year. That is quite an accomplishment, even though he is not the best defensive d-man around. Your review of him reflects your dislike towards where he is playing, not how he is playing.

Niskala is a great offensive defenseman, and I really hope Nashville will NOT get him this year. We need another 20 goal performance out of him before we can let him loose. Jealous people in the next town can say whatever they like.

Old
07-01-2004, 05:17 PM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
I'm not sure if anyone wants to use this, but I know Radulov is the new hotness and pictures of him are few so when I saw this picture I nabbed it up and converted it to something avatar-sized. I'd use it, but I'm currently sporting the Bush avatar - so for the time being I'm set. If anyone wants though, they're free to use it.

Old
07-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs
I'm not sure if anyone wants to use this, but I know Radulov is the new hotness and pictures of him are few so when I saw this picture I nabbed it up and converted it to something avatar-sized. I'd use it, but I'm currently sporting the Bush avatar - so for the time being I'm set. If anyone wants though, they're free to use it.
Wouldn't hurt to get rid of the current one...

Old
07-01-2004, 08:11 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Wouldn't hurt to get rid of the current one...
Don't worry, I'll have an anti-Kerry avatar coming out soon. Not because I am a huge pro-Bush boy but because I am a huge anti-Kerry kid.

Old
07-01-2004, 08:49 PM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
No comment.

Kerry's the lesser of two evils .. but hopefully solace can be taken in the fact that he's not absolute devil spawn. At this point in time, you'll take what you can get.

Old
07-01-2004, 09:26 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
No comment.

Kerry's the lesser of two evils .. but hopefully solace can be taken in the fact that he's not absolute devil spawn. At this point in time, you'll take what you can get.
He may not be the absolute devil spawn, but I feel he's a bad person. And while I think Bush is an incompetent boob, I don't believe he is a bad person.

Old
07-01-2004, 09:42 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
He may not be the absolute devil spawn, but I feel he's a bad person. And while I think Bush is an incompetent boob, I don't believe he is a bad person.

as evidenced by his attempts at creating some sort of theocracy

Old
07-01-2004, 09:51 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Alright, boys, let's take your political squabbles offline!
I come here because we share a love of hockey-- there are other venues for this type of dialogue...

Old
07-01-2004, 10:03 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
as evidenced by his attempts at creating some sort of theocracy
That doesn't make him a bad person, just potentially misguided (depending on your faith).

An TN's right, I never meant for this to be a political discussion, as I'm sure you didn't either. So let's just agree to disagree.

Old
07-01-2004, 10:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
That doesn't make him a bad person, just potentially misguided (depending on your faith).

An TN's right, I never meant for this to be a political discussion, as I'm sure you didn't either. So let's just agree to disagree.
agreed

Old
07-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Nice Radulov avatar you made there. I like your current one though

Closed Thread