HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Gabriel Landeskog

Old
04-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
Landeskog is a lot like Nino in last years draft. You know his offensive potential is not as great as a guy like Skinner but you like the intangibles he brings as well he is a safer prospect.

But i rather go for the skilled kid like Strome or Huberdeau then the "complete package" who doesnt have as high a offensive ceiling.

If you guys are worried about getting pushed around upfront then draft a PF later not with a top 5 pick.

the "we are a soft team" is getting ridic overblown.

I would like to add a top 6 PF but that can be done easier then getting a potential top line talent like Huberdeau or Strome.
The thing about taking a PF later is that it's a way worse bet that he'll play on your top line. I want a guy that will bring physical play and scoring that can play on the top line....not easy to find. Not easy to find a kid that will be a 6'1 220 bull that has no skating issues.

His size potential in combination with his skill and ability is something that goes a tad underrated by some IMO.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I just don't see it, he's too much of a complete package with no risk to fall that far. He's as blue chip as it comes with amazing leadership qualities and character. I'd love for him to fall to five, but I've no belief in it happening.

Seems like everyone past #1 thinks their team wants Landeskog.
The draft is pretty unpredictable. Being bumped out of the playoffs earlier provides the opportunity for a handful of players to leap frog him. Also almost every draft their are teams in the top ten that grab some player ranked around 15 or 20, instead of the players ranked in their spot on mock drafts. All of EDM, COL, FLA and NYI may be more desperate for a more offensive player and may not chose Lando for the same reasons a lot of posters on this forum were arguing.

However, with that stated you are probably right. The fact that Lando also has tremendous leadership qualities to go along with his offensive/ defensive potential and the intangibles makes it a pretty surefire bet that one of the teams ahead of us drafts him.

With the likelihood of Landeskog being taken before we draft, would you more heavily consider drafting Catenacci with our second first rounder or first second rounder? Catenacci might be a solid consolidation prize for teams who covet Landeskog's intangibles.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
The thing about taking a PF later is that it's a way worse bet that he'll play on your top line. I want a guy that will bring physical play and scoring that can play on the top line....not easy to find. Not easy to find a kid that will be a 6'1 220 bull that has no skating issues.

His size potential in combination with his skill and ability is something that goes a tad underrated by some IMO.
Landeskog and Biggs are likely the only power forwards in the draft with first line potential. Ambroz, Hudon, Mcneill, Danault, Jacobs, Noeson, Ritchie, Lowry, Broll, Kessy and Brassard are all going to top out as 2nd line players at best. I guess you can never really know because a player like Greening who was drafted in the 7th round might wind up as a first line winger with the sens, but it is highly improbable. There are some good power forwards in this draft that the sens should consider drafting, but like you said they have a very small chance of being first line power forwards.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:04 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I don't know, since there is no clear #1 & no clear superstar in this draft I think anything could happen. Larsson & RHN seem to have the highest ceiling which would make them the most expensive but Murray most think wants Lando. What would Lee, Regin & O'Brien be worth at the draft or someone else that could be made available? I could see Murray using roster players, prospects & picks as bait to move up or acquire more picks to trade to get the guy he wants. It will be interesting to see what he is willing to give up to get him. Everybody has a price for the million dollar man.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:06 PM
senswon

Seth ambroz would be pretty awesome with the Nash pick

Strome/couturier
+
Ambroz

........nice

senswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by senswon View Post
Seth ambroz would be pretty awesome with the Nash pick

Strome/couturier
+
Ambroz

........nice
Seth Ambroz? I mean it only means so much, but he hasn't hit the 1st round on any lists since pre-season. As soon as the season started, he fell hard.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:12 PM
senswon

Murray and Co have been fans of ushl kids in the past and the only list that matters is the one Murray's scouts give him. Having only seen mostly YouTube clips of most of these kids, it's can be tough to gauge who we might pick with the Nash pick.....either way can't wait

senswon is offline   Reply With Quote