HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Biggest American rivalry in the NHL today?

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2004, 03:02 PM
eddy

vCash: 500
I'd say, NYI and NYR, but I don't watch alot of American teams games, but of the ones i've seen I like that one the best. Philly also seems to be involved in some good rivalries.

Old
07-06-2004, 02:59 AM
Prince Mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySteve
Wanna explain how Detroit-Colorado got to be the biggest rivalry between any two American teams for years, if not the biggest in the entire NHL during that period?
History. Thanks for reading, plzkthx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy
Why does Pittsburgh-Philadelphia seem to be "personal" to you? I know why, because you are a Penguins fan, and the teams both play in Pennsylvania, although over 300 miles apart.
Wow buddy, maybe you should lay off the guy. It's hard enough being a Pens fan without having someone take away your only viable rivalry.

Back in the early '90s, I don't think any Flyers fans would ignore the Pens/Flyers rivalry. So now that the Pens aren't making the playoffs, Flyers fans can't be bothered to care for this rivalry? Please.

I'm a Leafs fan, and other than the Sens and Flyers our two biggest rivals are Montreal and Detroit. That's a team we haven't seen in the playoffs in ages and a team we see maybe three times a year. But there's a lot of very rich history to those rivalries, plus the cities are all fairly close. Don't go neglecting a good rivalry just because one of the teams is down in the dumps.

Old
07-06-2004, 03:13 AM
Meatwad

On the Original Topic, the best current American rivalry is:

Devils - Flyers

Old
07-06-2004, 03:17 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Minnesota North Stars/Wild and the Chicago Blackhawks...

Was once a big rivalery, died, but it's coming back again!

Old
07-08-2004, 07:21 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

I can see the Wings/Preds get nastier in the future. You have a hard playoff series this year, plus the fight filled game early last year. The problem is Detroit doesn't have many "fighters" to match what the Preds have. Although some of us in Detroit are hoping that changes.

The Blues/Wings will always have hate for each other. They've been the big dogs in the central for over a decade. That alone brews alot of hate.

Old
07-08-2004, 07:25 AM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profet
Gotta be the homer and go with the NYR/NYI rivalry.

It's survived the test of time and lack of quality personnel.

And more importantly, both the fans and players truly hate each other.

Remember Dan Cloutier taking out Salo and then challenging the islander bench?
Remember the Ranger fan ripping the sign out of a fishstick fan's hands... only to be assaulted by a school of angry fishstick fans at ice level (happened last game at NVMC)?

One of my favorite games was at MSG after the Islanders acquired Felix Potvin. What did they think was going to happen?

POTVIN SUCKS!
You also just reminded my of what happened this year at christmas, with all those Santas on the ice, and the two under-cover Ranger Fans. :lol

Closed Thread