HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2011-2012 Season Ticket Info

Old
03-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

vCash: 500
My beef will be if they keep my tix at $24 a piece next season then I'm paying $2 more per seat over balcony people and I'm in the defensive end upper corner, which is probably the most unattractive spot to the majority of fans.. If they lowered the price of the seats just next to the corners (226,212) they might actually sell a ticket in those sections for games, but whatever.. Just hard to compete with the $15 people who sit 10 feet to my left.. They can undersell me since they pay less and it's practically the same view

I got attached to my seats and my section, now the Devil's got me by the balls

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:23 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Not showing the ability to renew on my account yet.. Although I'm in the office now with the credit card.. Maybe I should go downstairs and talk to my rep lol
Yeah I know it's not up yet..I've actually been talking to a rep to get more info.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Yeah I know it's not up yet..I've actually been talking to a rep to get more info.
Let me know what he says.. I literally am going to go downstairs when my shift ends a 1pm

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:29 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Let me know what he says.. I literally am going to go downstairs when my shift ends a 1pm
Haha okay, well I needed to know how many years my dad and I have and good thing I called because they had it wrong!

The "Values" section, you only get to choose one of those things per account.

I forgot to ask about the buy in full vs. payment plans for the extra benefits, so when she calls back I will ask that info. Not sure about ticket prices because I didn't ask that.

Old
03-02-2011, 11:50 AM
leftwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post
Something else to watch for: All sth can choose the "Skate with the Team" event. In the past, this was limited to Club/suite holders and (former) "Gold Circle) sths. My guess is that this event will then be way too crowded, turning everyone off. To a lesser extent, this could happen with the bbq, team awards, etc.
Yeah, seems they are basing 'Access' on 'tenure' rather than 'rank' (all their language). Kind of weird since I would think access, and particularly exclusive access, is what most value the highest and you would want to apportion it by 'rank'.

Too bad the Skate will now be a cattle car. It was kind of nice watching kids this year play full ice tag with Tedenby.

I imagine the STHs with four clubs ($28k per season) aren't going to be to thrilled.....

leftwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwing View Post
Yeah, seems they are basing 'Access' on 'tenure' rather than 'rank' (all their language). Kind of weird since I would think access, and particularly exclusive access, is what most value the highest and you would want to apportion it by 'rank'.

Too bad the Skate will now be a cattle car. It was kind of nice watching kids this year play full ice tag with Tedenby.

I imagine the STHs with four clubs ($28k per season) aren't going to be to thrilled.....
I'm sure there will still be a number cap for everything... And what does money have to do with it really? If I've been a STH for 10+ years, should I get some respect? Just because I can't shell out 20K+ a year, who cares?

Old
03-02-2011, 12:03 PM
devils r my life

I like how they have a 9 month payment plan option. I hope you get to keep all the benefits if you choose this option for payment

devils r my life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:04 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
And what does money have to do with it really? If I've been a STH for 10+ years, should I get some respect? Just because I can't shell out 20K+ a year, who cares?
While I agree with you in principal (i.e. Rainbows and Unicorns world), that's not just realistic. Any business worth a grain of salt takes care of it's best customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsrmylife View Post
I like how they have a 9 month payment plan option. I hope you get to keep all the benefits if you choose this option for payment
Nope. Not only do you not get "all the benefits", you lose every single one of them. No soup for you. Not even a taste. I can understand giving an incentive to pay 100% early, but the level they take it to is concerning.

BenedictGomez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:07 PM
leftwing

Quote:
I'm sure there will still be a number cap for everything... And what does money have to do with it really? If I've been a STH for 10+ years, should I get some respect? Just because I can't shell out 20K+ a year, who cares?
No beef with you. I don't have a dog in this fight.

Just commenting on their own choice of words and rationale...Access, Value, Tenure, Rank.....

Sounds like they (over)thought about this one. It's good for you that 'tenure' seems to be given more emphasis than 'rank'. It may not be good for them as the STH shelling out $28k+ for clubs moves one section over and cuts his bill by half while maintaining a similar view and, now, the same perks. Clubs are not sold out this season.

leftwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:08 PM
devils r my life

What if you do the 3 month plan? Do you lose the benefits as well? I tried calling a rep but the line was busy

Old
03-02-2011, 12:12 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
What if you do the 3 month plan? Do you lose the benefits as well? I tried calling a rep but the line was busy
No soup for you.

If you dont pay 100% early, you get absolutely nothing.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:15 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Nope. Not only do you not get "all the benefits", you lose every single one of them. No soup for you. Not even a taste. I can understand giving an incentive to pay 100% early, but the level they take it to is concerning.
Actually the only thing it says about paying in "FULL" is if you want to be entered into the $30K give away! I have a phone call pending and an email about this and I will confirm what it is.

Quote:
Q. How do I make my first payment online?
A. Log on to www.newjerseydevils.com/renew and log-in on the front page. Use your account number and log-in to view your 2011-12 invoice, select your bonuses, select your payment method and make your first payment. Once we receive your renewal and payment information for the 2011-12 tickets, we will charge your credit card for that first payment. If you pay your invoice before April 1st, your next payment (if you choose a payment plan), will not be charged until May 1st.
Quote:
Q. How do I qualify for “NJ’s $30,000 Grand Giveaway”?
A. Beginning with the March 8th game, 3 season ticket holders who have renewed their 2011-12 season tickets “IN FULL”, will be selected at each home game, to participate in a fun contest in front of the crowd, to win $5,000. The earlier you renew, the more chances you have to be one of the three lucky season ticket holders selected. Each game, one season ticket holder that has renewed in full, WILL WIN $5,000. There will be renewal table located outside of section XXX for you to renew prior to each game.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:19 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

BG your information is incorrect. As just told to me by one of the reps in the staff section:

Quote:
You would lose out on being included in the $5000 contests that are going to be held throughout the rest of the season but the rest of the benefits will be yours no matter what!!

Old
03-02-2011, 12:20 PM
devils r my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
No soup for you.

If you dont pay 100% early, you get absolutely nothing.
I just spoke to Josh (ticket rep) and if you do choose the 3 or 9 month payment plan you DO get all the benefits still

Old
03-02-2011, 12:21 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
BG your information is incorrect. As just told to me by one of the reps in the staff section:
Thats good news!!!

BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:39 PM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwing View Post

Hey! Stop stalking my kids/their friends!

Frankly, that Skate has been the one great perk through the years ... my oldest son is now (almost) 17, my youngest 11, and they have always had a great time ... in large part because there was a lot of room, very relaxed, etc.

indfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:47 PM
indfin

Quote:
No cap for anything ... the longer you have had tickets, the one "access" you get.

HOWEVER, you are asked to select (one, two or three, depending on "tenure") from each category (vs. RANKING your choices in the "experience" category) ... clearly implying that you will get whichever one(s) you select. This means that EVERY season ticketholder can select the Team Skate (or others ... I just use that as an example because I think it will be by far the most popular). That will likely mean a HUGE increase in attendance ... which could significantly diminish the experience for EVERYONE.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Scott04

Not surprised by the tenure-based benefits. A lot of teams league wide, and in some other sports seem to be doing this. Interned with a few pro sports teams in the last year or two and seen the same/similar structures to tenure-based benefits, so it just seems to be more of a league-wide trend going on.

For what its worth, since some people are talking about the team skate and how it may get crowded: If enough people sign up for that option, it's not necessarily ONLY one day. They can hold the skate on multiple days, and just give each STH an invite to one specific day (or maybe the day of their choosing). I know the Rangers, who I believe have an annual STH skate, have more than one date each year for it.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 01:12 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Quote:
I just spoke to Josh (ticket rep) and if you do choose the 3 or 9 month payment plan you DO get all the benefits still
Thanks both for clarifying, I must have took the "pay by April 1" part and assumed it was like prior years where "early" meant "in full".

Old
03-02-2011, 01:16 PM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Not surprised by the tenure-based benefits. A lot of teams league wide, and in some other sports seem to be doing this. Interned with a few pro sports teams in the last year or two and seen the same/similar structures to tenure-based benefits, so it just seems to be more of a league-wide trend going on.

For what its worth, since some people are talking about the team skate and how it may get crowded: If enough people sign up for that option, it's not necessarily ONLY one day. They can hold the skate on multiple days, and just give each STH an invite to one specific day (or maybe the day of their choosing). I know the Rangers, who I believe have an annual STH skate, have more than one date each year for it.
They could have more than one, but it's not that easy, as they have always had it on an evening where they have at least the next 1-2 days off (before a home game) ... and with the Nets, Seton Hall, etc ... there aren't necessarily that many "dark" nights available.

Old
03-02-2011, 01:55 PM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Gold circle members and anyone sitting in the lower bowl get the shaft on this one, big time.

onefatsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 02:06 PM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
Gold circle members and anyone sitting in the lower bowl get the shaft on this one, big time.
Well ... only the few who remain after this.

I can keep my tickets in Section 3, row 18 for $51/each ... or I can move up right above to row 5 in 104 for $28 ... or (if I don't mind switching to end where Devils shoot twice) even $22.

Since my "tenure" doesn't change, most of my season-ticket perks are unchanged. All I would give up is $250 of the food and beverage credit ... but, since I have four seats, my season-ticket package goes down by more than $4,000

Old
03-02-2011, 02:29 PM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post
Well ... only the few who remain after this.

I can keep my tickets in Section 3, row 18 for $51/each ... or I can move up right above to row 5 in 104 for $28 ... or (if I don't mind switching to end where Devils shoot twice) even $22.

Since my "tenure" doesn't change, most of my season-ticket perks are unchanged. All I would give up is $250 of the food and beverage credit ... but, since I have four seats, my season-ticket package goes down by more than $4,000
It's going to be a tough sell for me and my partner to stay in the lower bowl. We're in the same boat as you (gold circle, section 3) and saving 2k would be huge. Only problem is, I think he's pretty dead-set on staying in the lower level. Worst part about this is gonna be that you know they'll do promotions for cheap lower bowl tickets, now that the balconies will be full of the old lower bowl STH's, so even if we did decide to stay, they'd undercut us by a ton and we'd be better off just buying individual tickets probably

...re-selling tickets for games that we can't get to will be at a major loss, again, because who will pay so much to sit in the lower bowl when it's practically free in the blacony?

onefatsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 02:49 PM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
It's going to be a tough sell for me and my partner to stay in the lower bowl. We're in the same boat as you (gold circle, section 3) and saving 2k would be huge. Only problem is, I think he's pretty dead-set on staying in the lower level. Worst part about this is gonna be that you know they'll do promotions for cheap lower bowl tickets, now that the balconies will be full of the old lower bowl STH's, so even if we did decide to stay, they'd undercut us by a ton and we'd be better off just buying individual tickets probably

...re-selling tickets for games that we can't get to will be at a major loss, again, because who will pay so much to sit in the lower bowl when it's practically free in the blacony?
Yep ... I was come out fine this year because (and ONLY because) I had "double season tickets". Without that, my effective cost/game (when you factor in losses on games I couldn't attend) would have been much higher. Assuming I can get in row 5-10 in the 100s (with more than 15 years of "tenure", it's hard to imagine I can't), it's a no-brainer.

Old
03-02-2011, 02:53 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
AFAIK they're not hiring. I've been checking the NHL website. I asked Chere, he said his paper isn't hiring and doesn't know if the Devils are. I'd ask Gulitti, but he's a d-bag.
I have a friend who graduated last year looking to do sports media in the NJ area and he said that it's slim pickings for the time being.

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote