HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Season Ticket Info

Old
03-02-2011, 02:57 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post

...re-selling tickets for games that we can't get to will be at a major loss, again, because who will pay so much to sit in the lower bowl when it's practically free in the blacony?
Yup, this is what I'm wrapping my mind around right now.

The above will definitely go into my Excel modeling for next season, but so far it's not looking good at all on my renewing. These $22 ST will dramatically increase Balcony STH membership, but I think the offset to that is that it should ensure fairly low resale values. I doubt I'd ever have to pay more than $20 for a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday night ticket, and on those nights, you can pretty much sit wherever you want (within reason) regardless of what ticket you hold. I'm going to have to wargame this better, but those are my initial thoughts.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 03:04 PM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post
Yep ... I was come out fine this year because (and ONLY because) I had "double season tickets". Without that, my effective cost/game (when you factor in losses on games I couldn't attend) would have been much higher. Assuming I can get in row 5-10 in the 100s (with more than 15 years of "tenure", it's hard to imagine I can't), it's a no-brainer.
This year was brutal in terms of cost per game for me. BRUTAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Yup, this is what I'm wrapping my mind around right now.

The above will definitely go into my Excel modeling for next season, but so far it's not looking good at all on my renewing. These $22 ST will dramatically increase Balcony STH membership, but I think the offset to that is that it should ensure fairly low resale values. I doubt I'd ever have to pay more than $20 for a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday night ticket, and on those nights, you can pretty much sit wherever you want (within reason) regardless of what ticket you hold. I'm going to have to wargame this better, but those are my initial thoughts.
yep. The only benefit of having season tickets at that point is the meet & greets, which they're diluting to **** by allowing everyone and their mother into them. And who's gonna pick a non-autograph event when you can pick one that you're allowed to get autographs at? So now, the autograph events are going to be more mobbed more than the non-autograph events are this year, and we've all (well, many of us) have seen what a disaster that becomes in terms of lines, food, etc.

edit: the other benefit is being able to go hang out in the goal bar w/ the gold circle tickets. whoop-de-f*ing-doo

onefatsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 03:08 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
yep. The only benefit of having season tickets at that point is the meet & greets, which they're diluting to **** by allowing everyone and their mother into them.
The one perk I'd actually miss is the early access to the draft party equipment sale, but it's sure not worth the hundreds of dollars (guessing) in extra costs I'd have to pay.

Old
03-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Captain Lou

Send a message via AIM to Captain Lou
Quote:
Thanks both for clarifying, I must have took the "pay by April 1" part and assumed it was like prior years where "early" meant "in full".
Or, you just assumed that they were trying to squeeze every last cent out of people, as usual.

I could practically buy a full season ticket upstairs based on what I pay now to split 2 seats with 4 other people in section 22.

I don't even know what to do with this.

Captain Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 03:29 PM
leftwing

Quote:
This year was brutal in terms of cost per game for me. BRUTAL.
That's why I gave up my Club season tickets two years ago. Had a multiyear contract that wasn't yet over but the deposit from the early exit from the playoffs was on account with them. We called it a wash, so my season was so brutal I actually paid them to not remain a STH any longer.

It helped I had the opportunity to jump in with a friend on better seats with a fair degree of flexibility. Still....big ouch for a season or two there.

leftwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 03:32 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Did I miss the STH presale too? Didnt see that, so unless I missed it, it looks like that perk is gone too, which IMO, was one of the biggest of the perks.

EDIT:

Maybe, "Season Ticket Holder price on additional ticket purchases" is the new terminology for "STH presale", in which case it's still there? There's a big distinction though, as the value really comes into play only if it's presale.

EDIT2: And it's up and running now, so I can confirm that Upper Level Center Ice remained at $30 STH price. So switching to the $22s would save roughtly $700.

Last edited by BenedictGomez: 03-02-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old
03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Did I miss the STH presale too? Didnt see that, so unless I missed it, it looks like that perk is gone too, which IMO, was one of the biggest of the perks.

EDIT:

Maybe, "Season Ticket Holder price on additional ticket purchases" is the new terminology for "STH presale", in which case it's still there? There's a big distinction though, as the value really comes into play only if it's presale.

EDIT2: And it's up and running now, so I can confirm that Upper Level Center Ice remained at $30 STH price. So switching to the $22s would save roughtly $700.
My big and pretty much only gripe is that they are keeping the Upper Level pricing the same as this season which is not a smart business move at all.

$37 face value for the upper level is WAY WAY too high.

They need to tier the upper level, center ice sections maybe $28, the further you get towards the corners lower, $20 for sections 209/215/232/226.

I would also sugges to price the last 2 rows of the entire 200 level $18.

Devils Dominion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 03:48 PM
leftwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post
Hey! Stop stalking my kids/their friends!
Indie

Since I figured out this avatar stuff there is a new limited time one up. Image is small but it's the old Meadowlands. Boy on the right is now probably taller than Gio.

One benefit of the Skate is that taking that as an option makes no sense if you don't in fact skate. Hopefully, adults will realize this and head to the BBQ.

leftwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 03:49 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsIn2010 View Post
My big and pretty much only gripe is that they are keeping the Upper Level pricing the same as this season which is not a smart business move at all.

$37 face value for the upper level is WAY WAY too high.
Do we know that for a fact? That the Upper Corners are still $37? That has been such a failure I assumed they'd alter that.

Old
03-02-2011, 03:51 PM
devils r my life

Quote:
Do we know that for a fact? That the Upper Corners are still $37? That has been such a failure I assumed they'd alter that.
The upper level price is probably going to stay the same. My season tickets cost 24/game to sit in 209 so I'm guessing the face value will still be 37

devils r my life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 03:52 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Im guessing that 230 is still $30/37. I wonder if 232 is any different. I hear Cowbell is looking for some friends...

njdevsfn95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 04:04 PM
dougiebrown

Y'all should join me in 120 next season. Just took advantage of the new offer of $22 per seat for seasons. Row 5. Very psyched.

dougiebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Was in the Devils ticket office today so yes, I can confirm that the uppers will remain the same at $37 face and $30 STH for all sections.. I get my seats in 226 at $24 a piece because I joined back when they were $22 a piece so they keep mine lower as a thank you, I'm guessing..

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Im guessing that 230 is still $30/37. I wonder if 232 is any different. I hear Cowbell is looking for some friends...
Every season more and more STH around me drop their tix.. I mean they are basically forcing people to leave the upper corners and move to the upper center or balcony.. Might as well just put covers over the upper corners like the Nets did last season at IZOD.. They only sell out for Rangers, Flyers, opening night, and maybe throwback night.. Most other nights it's like 15 ppl scattered around

I posted my rant about the team killing the ticket resale market on a different Devils forum and got killed for it (only from the non-STH) but it's nice to see people here actually understand it

Like I said earlier, I have a huge attachment to my section so the team has me by the balls.. Who's fault is that? My own and I know it

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 05:22 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

The guy told me they sold 500 of the $22 seats already and that I should hurry since its limited.

Edit: And I finally got the name on account settled too! Woot

BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Devils1029

I'm 2 of those 500! Last week, I signed up for the $22 balcony seats and will be in section 120, row 5 right behind "Marty's net." The price for the two tickets comes to $1950 and it also included 2 tickets to 4 free remaning games this year. I already had tickets to 3 games so I got a set each for two friends and picked up another 2 games for myself this year.

They had the payment plan but I opted to pay in advance and for doing so, I got one game upgrade to club seats.

The guy said that sth will get to attend one meet and greet but the invitations will be spread out based on plans. It sounded like you'll get an invite and not that there would really be a "choice" of which to attend.

I didn't hear anything about food or parking credits but I was going to ask if anyone knew of a parking lot or garage that had a discount offer for sth? and dammit no bobble heads.

I've been a partial holder before and had "original six" plan last year, flex plan this year. Finally bit the bullet this year. I'll make it to maybe 25 games and then sell or give away the rest and in doing so, will pay about the same amount for 25+ games as I did this year for 10 games with the flex plan ($54 per seat for 100's and $36 per for 200's).

Friends are enjoying 2 of my free tickets tonight...I just got home from work...

Last edited by Devils1029: 03-02-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Devils1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Devils1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiebrown View Post
Y'all should join me in 120 next season. Just took advantage of the new offer of $22 per seat for seasons. Row 5. Very psyched.
Hey Dougie, we're gonna be neighbors!!! I think I'm like seats 10 and 11 or something like that.

Old
03-02-2011, 07:40 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

I don't know if I want to sit directly behind Marty. I was thinking section 124 is better so I can see the other end a bit better.

Old
03-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Devils1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
I don't know if I want to sit directly behind Marty. I was thinking section 124 is better so I can see the other end a bit better.
My "original six" package last year was in 124, row 4 and they were good seats. Was seriously considering doing those again (especially since the Carvel is at the top of the section for the kids!) but years back in the meadowlands, we used to always sneak around the upper tier ad sit in section 123, behind the goal NJ shot into for 2 periods. You can see the play developing pretty well so I opted for 120 this year to give it a shot...and that's closer to the pulled pork sandwiches and Blue Moon!

Old
03-02-2011, 09:52 PM
zap14

The renewal prizes this year are pretty decent just wish the cost would of went down just a tad.

zap14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 10:03 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Like I said earlier, I have a huge attachment to my section so the team has me by the balls.. Who's fault is that? My own and I know it
Well you're still getting a decent price for them too at $24, if you had to pay the actual sth cost when other seasons are being offered for $22 it'd be harder for you to stay.

The only rationale I can come up with for them slashing the balcony and leaving the insane upper prices is that they want to run discounts with upper seats as opposed to the balcony. Otherwise I can't fathom why they honestly think anyone would choose a $30 corner sth over a $22 balcony one.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Ugh decisions decisions.

Sucks that we are buying a house like right now. But 2600 bucks isn't that much to throw down at the moment, and as optimistic as I would like to be - playoffs? Playoffs?!?!? to quote one Jim Mora. I'm glad they're giving us the pay as you go type plan.

I'm gonna have to read through all this **** when I haven't had a few beers and figure it out.

I did get half of our NCAA's though - first pair is in Section 2, I hope our other pair is there as well.

Mr.Krinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 10:17 PM
zap14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Well you're still getting a decent price for them too at $24, if you had to pay the actual sth cost when other seasons are being offered for $22 it'd be harder for you to stay.

The only rationale I can come up with for them slashing the balcony and leaving the insane upper prices is that they want to run discounts with upper seats as opposed to the balcony. Otherwise I can't fathom why they honestly think anyone would choose a $30 corner sth over a $22 balcony one.
I think the only real reason they're trying to sell these sections is truly because they are often less dense then Club Seats at most games.

zap14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:23 PM
DevilFisch

Send a message via ICQ to DevilFisch Send a message via AIM to DevilFisch
Dumb question: Is there a list of what the updated STH prices are now available somewhere. I went through the renewal pages and my own package in the mail and I didn't see a chart somewhere.

I'm honestly curious what options there are and I'd love to pass them on when writing about the renewals. I know my seats in Section 1, Row 16 can be retained at $51/game (and I probably will as I love my seats). But what about the rest. Is there a listing, or is this being pieced together with everyone's information?

DevilFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 05:50 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Ticket rep office opens at 8 right?