HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2011-2012 Season Ticket Info

Old
03-03-2011, 06:43 AM
Dead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Every season more and more STH around me drop their tix.. I mean they are basically forcing people to leave the upper corners and move to the upper center or balcony.. Might as well just put covers over the upper corners like the Nets did last season at IZOD.. They only sell out for Rangers, Flyers, opening night, and maybe throwback night.. Most other nights it's like 15 ppl scattered around

I posted my rant about the team killing the ticket resale market on a different Devils forum and got killed for it (only from the non-STH) but it's nice to see people here actually understand it

Like I said earlier, I have a huge attachment to my section so the team has me by the balls.. Who's fault is that? My own and I know it
I am giving up my seats for the $22 seats, mostly due to NOT being able to attend more than 3 games next season, but my Fiance will be attending the vast majority of the games. She loves the Devils! My parents also got FULL season tickets starting this season, my mom could lead the supporters section wow is she a "crazy" fan and shows lots of emotion at the games. Number 1 fan all the way!

Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 07:07 AM
dougiebrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils1029 View Post
Hey Dougie, we're gonna be neighbors!!! I think I'm like seats 10 and 11 or something like that.
I'm seat #9! Too funny.

dougiebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

For the balconies, it's not a good move to have the new $22 or $28 pricing for rows 5 and back.
The first 4 rows will be mostly empty and it will look weird/bad.

Just make the entire balcony the same pricing including the first 4 rows.

The Devils had a real chance to make it right but they bombed heavily with the overinflated UL pricing and also not lowering the pricing in most of the lower levels that usually are empty. Ex: Sections 10/17/21/6.

The Goal Bar is also priced too high since it does not include any food or even a free drink voucher per game.

The most obvious blunder is $37 face value for the Upper Level, I guess they want it empty up there because it's just not fair to charge $37 a pop for people to sit in the last row in the upper reaches of the arena.
Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to afford season tickets at the discounted rate.

Devils Dominion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 08:56 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
I posted my rant about the team killing the ticket resale market on a different Devils forum and got killed for it (only from the non-STH) but it's nice to see people here actually understand it
People here tend to be far more rational, it's why this is the only forum I belong to. Of course, I got here after reading NJ.com, so.......

Quote:
Like I said earlier, I have a huge attachment to my section so the team has me by the balls..
I have a huge attachment to my wallet. lol. I've never understood the "section loyalty" concept. Especially when better seats can be had for the same (or cheaper) price. I just dont get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
The guy told me they sold 500 of the $22 seats already and that I should hurry since its limited.

I'm going to have to call BS on that, unless "sold" includes all the people fleeing the Upper Bowl and pocketing the $700.

If so, then I could definitely see 500 as being realistic.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:00 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

I'm still very undecided on what to do. I love my seats in section 3. But that is a LOT of $.

onefatsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:23 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsIn2010 View Post
For the balconies, it's not a good move to have the new $22 or $28 pricing for rows 5 and back.
The first 4 rows will be mostly empty and it will look weird/bad.
Just make the entire balcony the same pricing including the first 4 rows.

The most obvious blunder is $37 face value for the Upper Level, I guess they want it empty up there because it's just not fair to charge $37 a pop for people to sit in the last row in the upper reaches of the arena.
The Devils really need to clean house of the idiots who make business decisions regarding ticketing. I would love to know how they go about their financial modeling regarding ticketing revenue.

Old
03-03-2011, 09:33 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
I believe that I've been hearing about tiered pricing for games next season - so instead of criticizing so early, wait and see what comes out.

Ehh..who am I kidding...maybe I should stay away from here because my input isn't needed!

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
The Devils really need to clean house of the idiots who make business decisions regarding ticketing. I would love to know how they go about their financial modeling regarding ticketing revenue.
Judging from what I've seen so far, this year is the first year when certain executives were given a lot more room to play with.

I've said it multiple times, but the corporate structure is rapidly evolving. It's going to get better, it may take some time, but it is getting better.

Old
03-03-2011, 09:40 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
I believe that I've been hearing about tiered pricing for games next season - so instead of criticizing so early, wait and see what comes out.
A fair point, although I dont know how that would change what we already know.

I generally dont like Premium Game pricing schemes, but I admit that the thought of raking who I refer to as "Devilsrangers fans" over the coals doesnt bother me at all.

But the Devils would screw this up entirely. Really, the only Premium Games on a Devils calendar should be Rangers games, and perhaps any weekend Flyers games. Even saying Penguins games are "premium" is really pushing it, IMO.

But my prediction is that they would screw-the-pooch and wind up turning "Premium Game Pricing" into "lets charge more for a lot of the weekend games Pricing". Just my $0.02.

Old
03-03-2011, 09:41 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Judging from what I've seen so far, this year is the first year when certain executives were given a lot more room to play with.

I've said it multiple times, but the corporate structure is rapidly evolving. It's going to get better, it may take some time, but it is getting better.
BG will never buy that line, but you can keep trying to feed it to him!

Old
03-03-2011, 09:42 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
BG will never buy that line, but you can keep trying to feed it to him!
Well, you know it's like that old saying:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 4,287 times, shame on me

I'll wait to be proven wrong, and will be happy when I am.

Old
03-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Cowbell232

Charging more for weekend games would be the first step towards disaster IMHO, because yeah, you're going to turn more revenue per ticket off it, but really what you want it more weeknight fans to buy food/concessions, right? After 10-12K tickets sold isn't the only real profit from food/merch?

If anything, you need to drop weekday pricing...

Quote:
Well, you know it's like that old saying:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 4,287 times, shame on me

I'll wait to be proven wrong, and will be happy when I am.
But we've also never had fans inside the offices witnessing it first hand either.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:50 AM
indfin

Quote:
I understand that you can never please everyone and there will always be complaints (hence the "Everything wrong with the organization" thread). However, it seems that they took some "surveys" and then used the supposed results to justify whatever they wanted to do anyway.

Or perhaps it was a very poorly worded survey ... or they just misinterpreted the results.

The various perks (Team Skate, BBQ are nice (some nicer than others), but at the end of the day season ticket purchases are going to be driven by:

-- desire to be at every game (or most games) at a discounted price
-- guarantee of ability to get playoff tickets

The latter is a non-issue, unless at some point you believe they are going to have the place sold out with season tickets (I don't think anyone - inside or outside the organization - believes this). If you don't want to risk getting shut out of the playoffs (again, never been an issue), you can do one of the many "plans" that require you to purchase as few as a handful of tickets (granted at a much lower, if any, discount, but they also tend to feature the most desirable games)

The former has, historically, been pretty attractive, depending on your price point of your seats. However, they now (regularly) discount tickets below sth cost. I understand that this was an unusual year and they will say it won't happen again. I think they are going to find that they have to, because they are "training" people to wait for the absurd deals.

Moreover, the pricing in Newark (face value and st) no longer makes any sense.

The balcony seats behind the goals have always been mispriced, on a relative basis. For a couple of dollars more, you could be in the lower bowl, or for quite a bit less you could get side ice views upstairs. So the balcony seats never sell.

Now, they overreact by pricing these seats BELOW what they are asking for tickets much higher up and toward the corner. At the same time, they keep the lower bowl prices constant (despite many empty seats down there as well), which means that they are now double (or more) the cost of the now-cheap balcony seats. Who is going to stay downstairs, at least in the rows 15 and higher in the corners and behind the net? I know I'm not.

Even worse, despite tying some perks to "tenure", they risk alienating long-time sths. I have been asking to relocate, and was told I had to renew my sts and wait for the "relocation" date, at which time I could move, they would credit back my card, etc. I was initially fine with that because I was told my seniority would ensure that I would have some options there. Now, however, we hear that they are assigning specific seats in those areas to new subscribers. So, if nothing good is available, they could lose me entirely as a sth, as I am confident I will be able to get to a good # of games (either via Stubhub or Devils discounts) in the lower bowl at or below the season ticket cost.

indfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:57 AM
indfin

Quote:

Ehh..who am I kidding...maybe I should stay away from here because my input isn't needed!
They may well have some improvements in pricing for next year. However, the issue at hand is their season ticket pricing (which is all we know for sure that is set in stone) ... and to me (and apparently) a number of other people, it makes no sense.

Take a look at the seating chart with prices (individual and st) for this year (if it's still available anywhere). Then think about which sections are regularly empty. The balcony behind the goal is a large part of that, so they attempted to address it. However, they did it in a way that will definitely drive some new subscribers but will also likely encourage a lot of existing sth to want to move. If they can't accommodate all of them, and long-term STH are turned away for new subscribers, they will lose some of them entirely.

If they DO accommodate everyone who wants that pricing ... they run the risk of turning the lower bowl into a ghost town ... and then they will run deep discounting for those seats on an individual game basis ... and the cycle continues.

Old
03-03-2011, 10:00 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

If they really want the place to sell out, tickets have to be affordable in all sections. Having huge price differences between the lower ends and the balcony seats is just going to make people in the lower ends hop up to the balcony seats and save lots of $, or, worse, give up their season seats and just buy individual tickets on stubhub, which will undoubtedly cost less than committing to go to every single game.

onefatsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 10:01 AM
devils r my life

Do any of you guys know what it means in the payment options when it says for the 9 month payment plan (includes 2% Finance Fee on 9-Month Payment Plan)?
O wait i just read it and I think it is if your credit card gets declined you have to pay the $50 service charge

devils r my life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Cowbell232

For sake of argument, our seats in 232 are only $24 a game. The price "freezes" because we've renewed early ever year. The balcony seats are $22/28 depending on the side, right?

That's not a bad deal, because I think even though the balconies are 'closer' they are a worse view because of the angle. I don't like sitting behind the net.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 10:06 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

indfin - I get what you're saying and I know for a fact someone called up and they had seats put on "hold" for them if they wanted to move up, you can probably do that.

Old
03-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

I hope they don't rush into the pricing structure for next season, and instead take their time and get it right.

It's frustrating to see many empty seats at games like last night when we clearly have enough fans to get 16k per game if the tickets were priced appropriately.
But they have priced a lot of fans out of the building and have had to resort to various promos/contests to draw people in last minute.

Old
03-03-2011, 10:16 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post
If you don't want to risk getting shut out of the playoffs (again, never been an issue), you can do one of the many "plans" that require you to purchase as few as a handful of tickets.
The former has, historically, been pretty attractive, depending on your price point of your seats.
This is what I am leaning towards for next year. I think the minimum number of games is a 6-game pack to guarantee playoffs?

If so? Done.

Quote:
Moreover, the pricing in Newark (face value and st) no longer makes any sense.
I'll take it a step further. Being a Devils STH is now a stupid financial decision, and is likely more "emotional" for people than anything else. So, I'm gone if the new plan isnt substantially better, and thus far, it seems it isnt.

The last thing that might make me renew is the new $22 balcony sections, but I'd need to look into that more.

One caveat to the above is that the only guaranteed "non-stupid" ST location left in the building, is if you're one of the lucky ones in the UL corner, which essentially work out to be "free ST" if you have the slightest bit of business savvy. Of course, then you're sitting in the worst seats in the house, but The Rock is so nice that even the "worst" seats offer a pretty nice view, IMO, and the deal is phenomenal.

Quote:
I am confident I will be able to get to a good # of games (either via Stubhub or Devils discounts) in the lower bowl at or below the season ticket cost.
Exactly. And it's not just really the "Season of Suck", there were times in each of the last few years you could find Club Seats for $75 or $85 on Stubhub, etc...

Old
03-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Sarge18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsIn2010 View Post
I hope they don't rush into the pricing structure for next season, and instead take their time and get it right.

It's frustrating to see many empty seats at games like last night when we clearly have enough fans to get 16k per game if the tickets were priced appropriately.
But they have priced a lot of fans out of the building and have had to resort to various promos/contests to draw people in last minute.
That would be me. I didn't pull the trigger until 4:55 yesterday when a couple tickets on stubhub dropped like a rock. I just can't risk trying to get $10 tickets and then have that jump to $37 if they're sold out. Now if the upper sections were priced appropriately like they were the first year you'd at least see those sections rocking every night during this run.

Oh, and I was in 133 last night and that lil' section 134 was totally empty. How about that as the supporters section next year? You've got that huge Devils Army sign right next to it too.

Sarge18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 10:22 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
One caveat to the above is that the only guaranteed "non-stupid" ST location left in the building, is if you're one of the lucky ones in the UL corner, which essentially work out to be "free ST" if you have the slightest bit of business savvy. Of course, then you're sitting in the worst seats in the house, but The Rock is so nice that even the "worst" seats offer a pretty nice view, IMO, and the deal is phenomenal.
Why do you have such a hard-on about us in these seats? It's a done deal, get over it already..what's done is done.

And these seats are probably some of the best in the house. I can see everything on the ice, and I don't have to turn my body or move my head to see the game. That's why I hate sitting in the middle of sections - turning my head back and forth sucks.

So, until you come over and sit in the corners for a game, don't call my seats "The worst in the house"!

Old
03-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge18 View Post
That would be me. I didn't pull the trigger until 4:55 yesterday when a couple tickets on stubhub dropped like a rock. I just can't risk trying to get $10 tickets and then have that jump to $37 if they're sold out. Now if the upper sections were priced appropriately like they were the first year you'd at least see those sections rocking every night during this run.

Oh, and I was in 133 last night and that lil' section 134 was totally empty. How about that as the supporters section next year? You've got that huge Devils Army sign right next to it too.
That is a great idea, though, believe it or not, that section has had a leak over it over the past few years when it has rained heavy. I would hope the leak issue has been fixed/resolved by now, but you never know.
They had to move people out of 134 for a game last season that was sold out into other seats. I noticed it a few times in prior seasons too.

Old
03-03-2011, 10:37 AM
indfin

Quote:
indfin - I get what you're saying and I know for a fact someone called up and they had seats put on "hold" for them if they wanted to move up, you can probably do that.
I have e-mailed my rep (no response) so I will probably call a little later to do just that

Old
03-03-2011, 10:45 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Why do you have such a hard-on about us in these seats? It's a done deal, get over it already..what's done is done.
I dont get it.

Quote:
And these seats are probably some of the best in the house.......
So, until you come over and sit in the corners for a game, don't call my seats "The worst in the house"!
I have sat there. I said they offer a nice view. The Rock is built for hockey, and literally every seat in the entire arena offers a nice view. There are no bad seats. However, extreme UL Corner are still the "worst" seats in the house, which is why "worst" was parenthetical.