HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wild vs Jersey Shore Cast (6 PM CST - KSTC)

Old
03-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
That was so obvious.

Some Oilers fans are just... well, wow. I'm not surprised at all.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:50 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Did Clutterbuck do anything to Edmonton? Because I don't think it's like Boogaard, who actually had a case against him.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:52 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

How many strikes is he up to now?

And is there any truth to the rumor that the league asked the NHL-PA to have legal representation there? I.E out of the ordinary representation?

I doubt there is anything to that rumor, but repeat offender = longer than last time suspension, which could mean his season.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Considering he was just getting back after serving a 9 game suspension for, what Darren Dreger called, something pretty similar to this incident, I'd say he's going to be making popcorn for a little while...

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Fel 96
JFC

OMG, I just read a "need more Gillies and less Clutterbuck in this league" comment.

Are people ****ing serious? lmao

Old
03-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm staying out of the main discussion since it will probably go like this:

- Clutter had it coming because he's a dirty player (he's not)
- Clutter had it coming because he boarded a guy (nobody should "have it coming" but yes that was a bad hit)
- Wild are boring because they trap (they're boring because they have no talent, even though it's not relevant to the topic it will be thrown in there)

I'm guessing 5 games because the NHL has NO BALLS. First one should have been 15 IMO. I would give him a 40 game suspension personally. Then again, I dislike non hockey plays and dirty players and actually want them out of the game, unlike Colin-Blow Campbell.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
OMG, I just read a "need more Gillies and less Clutterbuck in this league" comment.

Are people ****ing serious? lmao
I'm thinking that comment might be phrased a little differently if Clutterbuck were wearing an Oiler jersey...

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Nah, I read that comment in the main board thread.

Old
03-03-2011, 01:07 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Well it's not like Islanders fans are supporting Gillies because of the jersey he wears and it's not like we're horribly biased.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 02:02 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

hey, i said it wasn't a particularly bad hit (effect, force, etc) but what the islander fans can't seem to grasp is that it's not all about the mechanics of this particular hit but the multipliers of who did the hitting and the length of time from the previous suspension. At the very least this hit highlights Gillies resistance to rehabilitation and understanding what it was he was punished for in the first place. At worst it highlights the fact that he is dangerously stupid with the decisions he makes on the ice and is incapable of recognizing the impact his actions may have. Do you as the NHL want some huge guy out there constantly head hunting (whether he intended to injure or not--lets just say for now he's lost in the moment) who doesn't appear to think there is anything wrong with this way of playing?

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 02:48 PM
BigT2002

I've learned a long time ago, just stay out of the main board when they are talking about someone you actually like watching and/or anyone on this site would love to have on their team. They will redicule them to the point that they shouldn't be in the league because they personally feel bad. If I were an Isles/Oiler fan I would do it just because I don't have anything else to lose at this point anways. Hell, the Isles just got nailed for their front office being involved in a Ponzi Scheme.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 05:51 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
It's fairly simple.

This team completely lacks goal scorers. We have zero guys who have hit 20 goals on the season.
Wait, wait, wait, I thought I was wrong and that our team is fine now and in the future.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Dr Jan Itor

You're either being sarcastic, intentionally not getting it or unintentionally not getting it but nobody said we were "fine" now and in the future. What we were saying was that we weren't in a position to due much (either buying or selling) due to injuries, being in a playoff race and lacking prospect depth. We were stuck in a tough situation.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 12:36 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Did Clutterbuck do anything to Edmonton? Because I don't think it's like Boogaard, who actually had a case against him.
Yep. Clutterbuck pasted one of their players against the board, in which Smid went after him.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 12:44 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Clutterbuck gets a lot of opposition players upset even though most of his hits are clean. Just about every game someone is going after Cal for some hit he dished out.

Players in the NHL don't like getting hit and they often take offense to clean hits. Edmonton is just one of many.

Are all of Cal's hits clean? No, but nobody is perfect, everyone is bound to screw up here and there... even Belanger had a dirty hit once on Chimera. That doesn't mean teams have a true beef with him like Edmonton did with Boogaard when he was here.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 08:31 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

the fundamental difference was when boogaard hit someone from Eddy no one would fight him (and that was okay with them for some reason) but now that clutterbuck is doing the ol' hit and skate away routine it's cowardice.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote