HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Marek Hrivik to attend camp

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Ludicrous Speed

vCash: 500
Marek Hrivik to attend camp

Slovakian player Marek Hrivik will come to camp later in the summer. He was eligible for the draft but was passed over. Saw him a handful of times as he plays for Moncton, and he's a pretty dynamic player. Really good shot and good hands from what I could tell. Don't know why he was passed over.

edit: and apparently he was skipped over in 09 as well. he has a pretty late birthday.

http://www.hokejportal.sk/?q=clanok/...u-blue-jackets

from google translator:

Quote:
Marek Hrivík: "Columbus Blue Jackets was the best choice"

This information was confirmed to us Hrivíkov agent Marcel Sakáč. Hrivík worked in the previous season in the QMJHL Moncton Wildcats in the team, which clinched the title in this competition and then to be able to participate in the prestigious Memorial Cup. In the body of 66 zápaosch accumulated 55 points, 26 goals and 29 assists in a playoff account improved by 17 points. In three meetings of the Memorial Cup in a reported assistance. "I'm glad I got this chance," said Marek Hokejportal Hrivík. "The game was several clubs, my agent I mentioned four others, among them I think the New Jersey Devils, but we opted for Columbus Blues Jackets. It seems to us as the best option. "Marek Hrivík could be drafted before this year, but what it did not work, so this option is definitely nice for him to report. "Well, yes. The pick I was disappointed, as my agent, who was literally angry that they have not chosen one. But as soon as it came round draft pick of several clubs, which offered me this opportunity. Draft is deep, I thought that I have a better chance than last year. In Monctone I did well, we won the playoffs, we were also in the Memorial Cup, so I thought that this year can do it. "Slovak junior representative will thus be charged

summer preparing for this possibility should not be underestimated. "The preparation of the contrary to the previous season get through individually. A year ago I was preparing to Ačkom Zilina, this year I plan my training prepared the Canadian Club and so I go by it. "Slovak fan will be able to see it in action already this summer, the 20 jersey representative should participate in the tournament of August Púchov. And then the direction of North America. "In going to sea earlier than I planned, after an interview with coach Monctonu we agree, that has come to training camp. That I was well prepared to camp Columbus Blue Jackets. In Slovakia 20 jersey, I would still like to attend the August tournament in Puchov, which is a function of a preparation for the junior World Cup. "

Old
07-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Sounds good to me, this team could use some more "dynamic" players instead of "characters"

Old
07-06-2010, 11:00 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
Sounds good to me, this team could use some more "dynamic" players instead of "characters"
AHL eligible right?

Old
07-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Matt Foley
Living in a van

Some thoughts from folks who have actually seen this young man play...

http://qmjhleast.proboards.com/index...y&thread=10235

Old
07-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Happy Pony

Cool...

Old
07-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

He has some skill, but he wasn't a point-per-game player in the Quebec league - let alone the Quebec league champions.

We'll see how he does in camp, but I'm not going to go crazy about him just yet.

Old
07-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Some thoughts from folks who have actually seen this young man play...

http://qmjhleast.proboards.com/index...y&thread=10235
Fan comments? Fan comments? Seriously? Who cares about that?

wait...

Old
07-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Macster

Good find LS.

He was fun to watch, but I had my eyes on the blueliners most of the time Moncton was in town or on the tube. Nicolas Deschamps was brought in during the Christmas trading period, and ended up leading the Cats in scoring. The only other forward with more points than Hrivik was overager Randy Cameron.

Considering it was his rookie year in the Q, he did quite well. If he actually ends up in camp he could surprise, and what's the problem with adding another talented winger to the prospect pool?

I believe the AHL age cutoff is September 1st, so given that his birthday is in August I think he is AHL eligible for this season.

Decent move.

Old
07-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Chris Roberts
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
He has some skill, but he wasn't a point-per-game player in the Quebec league - let alone the Quebec league champions.

We'll see how he does in camp, but I'm not going to go crazy about him just yet.
Wouldn't it make more sense that he wasn't a point per game player on the league champions?

I'm actually living in Moncton, and I've got to see Hrvik quite a bit. I'm shocked he wasn't taken. The kid has an unbelivable shot. He doesn't stand out much, but I mean that in good and bad ways. You won't even notice him much on the ice, but all of the sudden he'll get the puck and just let one go. I attended one of the final regular season games against Saint John where I was mostly trying to follow Kabanov, Gormely, and Savard. I had my eye on Savard when the puck came in the slot and all I seen was a rip top corner from pretty far out. Sure enough, Hrvik scored it. I'd really like to see this guy in the AHL.

Old
07-08-2010, 12:28 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I am very interesting in Marek.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:45 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Jan Bulis

Old
02-28-2011, 06:12 AM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I am very interesting in Marek.
I was wondering what MT had to say about her countryman. Sounds like a good pick up.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
Old
02-28-2011, 06:19 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Great news imo. Hrivik was the guy that out played Kabanov. He's the next Calvert . Is he eligible for the AHL?

EDIT: He's eligible for the A I'm almost sure since he's going to be 20.

Last edited by Gagnefan924: 02-28-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old
02-28-2011, 11:19 AM
JrussJacket

Am I missing something with this thread? Why was this thread brought back?

Old
03-05-2011, 02:39 AM
JrussJacket

Hello? Did we sign this guy or something? can someone fill me in on what type of playa he is

Old
03-05-2011, 11:24 AM
DoctorDoak

Just saw the clip of Hrivik scoring a truly dirty goal, apologies if it's already been posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCJJb...layer_embedded

Old
03-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Not in the Jackets' system. Thread closed.

Closed Thread