HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barker in the NHL?

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2004, 09:53 PM
dancingtree

vCash: 500
Barker in the NHL?

I know it is early, but does anyone know an approximate time-frame for Cam Barker playing with the Blackhawks? Thanks.

Old
06-30-2004, 09:59 PM
Hawkalyzer

id say in 2 years

Old
06-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Dropkick Alex

I want to say you guys are doing amazing. Panthers,Blackhawks,Blue Jackets, Capitals,Thrashers are going to be the future of the NHL. As well as the Pens. But I was wondering. Most people get a scorer a dman and a goalie to plan there future.

Ruutu=Scorer
Baker=Dman
?=Goalie

Can you fill that ?

Old
06-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Hawkalyzer

Crawford=Goalie

hes VERY underrated

Old
06-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Teemu

Two years sounds good. And Crawford will be our Goalie of the future (although Brodeur still has a chance)

Old
06-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Dropkick Alex

Thanks is there any chance you guys draft a goalie? I mean most likely there is always that chance but is it a must need for the future?

Old
07-01-2004, 03:14 AM
salty justice

I doubt a goalie would be used with a high pick for atleast another 3 years. Crawford, Broduer, or Ayers seem most likely to be our top goalie within a couple years. But they have Leighton and Anderson ahead of them on the depth chart. Unless Leights or Andy really pick it up this year, I dont think they will be on the Hawks within 2 years.

I think next year if our goaltending situation is more settled we will go with a goal scoring winger.

Old
07-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Dropkick Alex

Thanks

Old
07-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Hawkhead

I'm not sure if you knew this but the hawks have the best young goaltenders (all around) in the league.

Ayers- College goalie of the year

Brodeur- Best goalie in WHL

Crawford- 2nd best goalie in qmjhl or even best cuz other goalie can't remeber name is 2 years older. Against Rimouski Crosby could not score on him stpping an average of 50 shots a game first star except 2nd star in one game in that series.
Hawks had him rated right behind Fleury but swore they wouldn't taek a goalie but lied and couldn't pass him up. GREAT PICK UP!

Also Leighton/Munro/Andersson

Old
07-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkhead
I'm not sure if you knew this but the hawks have the best young goaltenders (all around) in the league.

Ayers- College goalie of the year

Brodeur- Best goalie in WHL

Crawford- 2nd best goalie in qmjhl or even best cuz other goalie can't remeber name is 2 years older. Against Rimouski Crosby could not score on him stpping an average of 50 shots a game first star except 2nd star in one game in that series.
Hawks had him rated right behind Fleury but swore they wouldn't taek a goalie but lied and couldn't pass him up. GREAT PICK UP!

Also Leighton/Munro/Andersson

Dont confuse quantity withquality. Id take a Fleury or Lehtonen over our bunch any day. No way we have the best young goalies in the league. We have a bunch of mid tier prospects, but none are considered elite.

Old
07-02-2004, 10:14 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
barker 3 to 4 years

Remember they already have Seabrook and Babchuck coming up the pipe--even the hawks aren't stupid enough to have three d-men on the roster with under 3 years expirence in pro-hockey

Old
07-02-2004, 01:08 PM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
barker 3 to 4 years

Remember they already have Seabrook and Babchuck coming up the pipe--even the hawks aren't stupid enough to have three d-men on the roster with under 3 years expirence in pro-hockey
Why not? Their forward roster by the end of the year was pretty much entirely players who had under 3 years experience in pro hockey!

Remember, for every Brad Stuart or Eric Brewer picked really high there's also an Andrei Zyuzin (#2) and an Aki Berg (#3)...so throwing guys into the wild is never the way to go unless they're obviously ready.

Old
07-02-2004, 04:18 PM
dumpnchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
Thanks is there any chance you guys draft a goalie? I mean most likely there is always that chance but is it a must need for the future?
The 'Hawks can call the Sharks when ever they need a number one goalie. We have tons of them, why waste a high draft pick on one.

Old
07-02-2004, 09:36 PM
GaryU

Jumpy, there you go with that wadded-up underwear again. Barker is a stud, he will be here in 2 years. Not sure why you have such a problem with the Hawks.... Just wanted to say, that last SJ Cup winning team was awesome!!! Did you guys get the Bronze this year???

Old
07-03-2004, 12:44 AM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu08
Two years sounds good. And Crawford will be our Goalie of the future (although Brodeur still has a chance)
Maybe I do underrate Crawford, but I see the Hawks moving out of the org to get their goalie of the future. Same way a team like Philly got Esche or Calgary got Kiprusoff. Goalies take forever to develop, and I dont know if either of the two you mentioned will be NHL ready in 2 years. That being said I do like Thibault... dont know if he will be their future, but he is pretty solid.

Old
07-03-2004, 02:30 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Thibault is steady. He wears down after 40+ games tho. To small to carry a huge workload. I think we just need a suitable backup to play 25-35 games well and we'll be fine.

Closed Thread