Notices

Pacioretty May Return in Time for Playoffs

Old
03-17-2011, 12:05 PM
CitizenErased

vCash: 500
Pacioretty May Return in Time for Playoffs

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=358395

Found this really interesting, considering the extent of his injuries...

CitizenErased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

I doubt it, but whatever I guess, good for him

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Hopefully, he makes it just in time for the handshake.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:10 PM
microbrien
Pastafarian

Send a message via AIM to microbrien
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenErased View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=358395

Found this really interesting, considering the extent of his injuries...
If this is the case, you really have to call into question the extent of his injury. If he comes back that fast, I think the NHL should take a look at his medical records, speak to his doctors, review the video of the hit again, and investigate the injury as much as possible to ensure that his injury was not fabricated or embellished in part or whole in an attempt to influence the league's decision about Chara's suspension, or influence league officials' treatment of the Bruins game-to-game (the Bruins are called on anything and everything lately).

microbrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsox View Post
But I thought Chara killed him? wasn't there a funeral and all? I thought for sure he was dead.
I sent flowers. If that's the case, I want them back.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Lazarus, is that you?

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:15 PM
22Brad Park

Good he will try but thats the way they are in Montreal.,they will risk any players health just to win,especially vs Bruins,He will be a non factor when he gets back regardless.Take a long time to gey back confidence from thatJust look at Eric Cole and he better player then him..Especially witha rugged Bruins team targeting him all over again.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:16 PM
BergyDGD
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbrien View Post
If this is the case, you really have to call into question the extent of his injury. If he comes back that fast, I think the NHL should take a look at his medical records, speak to his doctors, review the video of the hit again, and investigate the injury as much as possible to ensure that his injury was not fabricated or embellished in part or whole in an attempt to influence the league's decision about Chara's suspension, or influence league officials' treatment of the Bruins game-to-game (the Bruins are called on anything and everything lately).
I wanted to avoid posting this but I talked to one of my friend from New Canaan, CT (Pacioretty's hometown). His family is still close with Pacioretty's and he told me in a conversation his mother had with Pacioretty's father she was told he only sustained the neck fracture and no concussion. I know it can frustrating seeing a post like this with no link or anything so feel free to delete it mods. I don't see why my friend (also a friend of Pacioretty) would lie about it. I don't want to start a debate or anything but I just find interesting that I was told this a week or so ago and now all this stuff is coming out.

BergyDGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Happy to hear he's ok.

However, Montreal should be ashamed of themselves.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
I wanted to avoid posting this but I talked to one of my friend from New Canaan, CT (Pacioretty's hometown). His family is still close with Pacioretty's and he told me in a conversation his mother had with Pacioretty's father she was told he only sustained the neck fracture and no concussion. I know it can frustrating seeing a post like this with no link or anything so feel free to delete it mods. I don't see why my friend (also a friend of Pacioretty) would lie about it. I don't want to start a debate or anything but I just find interesting that I was told this a week or so ago and now all this stuff is coming out.
Well it's everywhere that pacioretty had a fracture and no post concussion symptoms.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Well it's everywhere that pacioretty had a fracture and no post concussion symptoms.
How often are severe concussions (which is what he was diagnosed with, correct?) cleared up within a week with no PCS symptoms?

EDIT: Not being completely snarky -- a little bit of snark with some curiosity mixed in.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Good to know his injuries aren't as serious as originally thought.

Bruins4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Scotto74
Back in Blue!

Quote:
This is the exact reason why I don't support the idea of suspending a player for as long as the hurt player is out. In cases where it is such a good tradeoff for the team with the injured player what is to stop them from making things seem worse and taking their time having players come back to keep some other team's stars out of the linup.

Not saying it was the case here but this shows how easy it would be for teams to do this sort of thing.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:27 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
How often are severe concussions (which is what he was diagnosed with, correct?) cleared up within a week with no PCS symptoms?

EDIT: Not being completely snarky -- a little bit of snark with some curiosity mixed in.
Not often, but I don't want to pretend I know jack about concussions. I was told they are very unpredictable. In any case, I highly doubt any conspiracy, while it may seem that way, seems very strange for a guy with a broken neck and needing to be taken off a stretcher to consider selling something. I'm not convinced either, I hope max doesn't play again this year.

Don't worry, I'm on your board, while I don't consider myself in the least to be trolling, you have every right to speak of the habs this way on your board.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:28 PM
AnthonyDugas6

Send a message via Skype™ to AnthonyDugas6
Does that mean the phone lines in Montreal won't be clogged up anymore? Well it's good to know a few family members of mine will be safe incase of an emergency

AnthonyDugas6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:29 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
This is the exact reason why I don't support the idea of suspending a player for as long as the hurt player is out. In cases where it is such a good tradeoff for the team with the injured player what is to stop them from making things seem worse and taking their time having players come back to keep some other team's stars out of the linup.

Not saying it was the case here but this shows how easy it would be for teams to do this sort of thing.
That's a fair statement, but montreal(or any team) would gain nothing off a trade-off as we only face you guys once more this year. It's a pretty pointless trade-off. However, I can see, (if it were regulated that way) it being a problem in a playoff series, there the trade-off is huge!

Old
bp13

I say we protest if this happens.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Paddington

Hmmm.....I'm starting to think he was faking. Mike Ribero anybody????(He's my most hated player in the NHL because of what he did).

All kidding aside, I'm glad to hear it's not as serious as originally thought. How tentative would Max be in a Bruins-Habs playoff series?

Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:31 PM
RustyBruins72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Lifer View Post
Good to know his injuries aren't as serious as originally thought.
couldn't agree more.

RustyBruins72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Completely agree. Something didn't feel right when he talked to the media then joined twitter then tweeted he went to the movies and to the game. I'm talking about the concussion. I don't doubt for a second his neck injury.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:37 PM
lextune
I'm too old for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
I say we protest if this happens.
I just picked up the phone and pressed 9, then 1.

If he comes back I'll press 1 again....

*now it's all about the waiting game*

lextune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:37 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Would be fitting for him to fly in like Willis Reed and eliminate us from the play-offs...

If he comes back that fast then he wasn't that hurt....or the habs front office are a bunch of uncaring idiots...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Not often, but I don't want to pretend I know jack about concussions. I was told they are very unpredictable. In any case, I highly doubt any conspiracy, while it may seem that way, seems very strange for a guy with a broken neck and needing to be taken off a stretcher to consider selling something. I'm not convinced either, I hope max doesn't play again this year.

Don't worry, I'm on your board, while I don't consider myself in the least to be trolling, you have every right to speak of the habs this way on your board.
Maybe, but you're still a mod, and that deserves a certain level of respect IMO.

I also doubt a conspiracy, but don't doubt that the reports about his status could have been blown out of proportion.

Also hope he hangs them up for the year in the interest of his long-term well being.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Corp

Quote:
This is pretty much just as bad as the Habs fan's conspiracy theories

Corp is offline   Reply With Quote