HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Isles-Devils-Draft Day

Old
03-05-2011, 10:11 AM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHockey View Post
Nope

Isles risk getting robbed in the long run. Top 3 pick this year likely will return a player of equal or greater value than Parise alone. Next year's pick has same risk. Petrov and Bailey will both be top 6 forwards in the league. Parise is not worth this.
Let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

A high draft pick does not an elite player guarantee.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Chardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
This "trade" is ludicrous.

A) Parise has been injured all season. Who knows what he's going to be like when he returns? He may be an excellent player still, but will he be an elite player still? That remains to be seen, and whether NJD fans like it or not, that is a huge question mark right now.

B) NYI are in no position to be selling off high draft picks and prospects. They aren't even close to taking "the next step".. so why rip out a major piece of their future core (Bailey), and 2 key future pieces that will likely be likely both be lottery picks?

This trade makes no sense for NYI. If I was the Devils I would do it.
I would not make the trade either. However, the Islanders absolutely are poised to take the next step. Since their legendary losing streak ended, they are actually 4th in the east (tied with the Devils, btw). And they have been doing it without professional goaltending. That losing streak counts, and they will miss the playoffs because of it. But this team of babies has been vastly improved, winning at a playoff caliber pace for half a season. Next year bodes very well, with further maturity and the return of injured players including their top dman. Add some pro goaltending and this team will be a solid playoff contender. The next step is right ahead.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Nocashstyle

Quote:
Nope

Isles risk getting robbed in the long run. Top 3 pick this year likely will return a player of equal or greater value than Parise alone. Next year's pick has same risk. Petrov and Bailey will both be top 6 forwards in the league. Parise is not worth this.
This is just an asinine statement. .

Nocashstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 12:17 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
Um, yes.. I would.
Let's do this. Fraser + 4th for Tavares + 1st.

If I'm the Isles, I do it.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 12:21 PM
alpine4life

I'LL keep it simple...

Devils a resigning Parise this summer to a career ending contract (He will be a Devils for life)...

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 06:44 PM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
Let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

A high draft pick does not an elite player guarantee.
Which is why I said likely (which does not mean definite) but in most cases, a top 3 pick turns in a potential all star player.

And not counting our chickens before the eggs hatch cost us Spezza, Luongo, Chara and a long list of others so we will keep our draft picks and "count our chickens" all we like

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 06:45 PM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocashstyle View Post
This is just an asinine statement. .
No it isn't. Get a life

Old
03-05-2011, 06:47 PM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocashstyle View Post
A winning tradition?
No fan base? New Jersey is a ridiculous place and half the state is Ranger fans and to a lesser extent, Islander fans. You're third fiddle in your own state and your arena is in the ghetto

Old
03-05-2011, 09:12 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Quote:
No it isn't. Get a life
So an 18 year old who has never played a second of professional hockey is worth more than a 40 goal, 90 point goal scoring franchise winger?

k thanks.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 09:16 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
Which is why I said likely (which does not mean definite) but in most cases, a top 3 pick turns in a potential all star player.

And not counting our chickens before the eggs hatch cost us Spezza, Luongo, Chara and a long list of others so we will keep our draft picks and "count our chickens" all we like
And Parise is already an all-star player.

Look, you're welcome to keep your draft picks, and I'll keep a top 10 player in the NHL. Really, it's fine.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 10:16 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
No fan base? New Jersey is a ridiculous place and half the state is Ranger fans and to a lesser extent, Islander fans. You're third fiddle in your own state and your arena is in the ghetto
i would LOVE to know what joke of a franchise youre a fan of. your statement reeks of prepubescent kid.

njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 10:31 PM
apice3*

Quote:
We're a small state in between the Rangers (who have been around forever) and Flyers (who have been around the block.) What do you expect? What does the fan base have to do with the team? We're not the largest fan base but our fans are loyal and take pride in being a fan base not full of scum bags - hence we have Rangers, Blackhawks, and other fans posting regularly and peacefully on our board.

That being said, I lived 10 years in North Jersey and 7 years in Central Jersey. The last 4 years, I've lived in both Central and South Jersey between summer and the school year. I've lived 21 years of my life in each area of NJ. You know how many Isles fans I know? One, and I just met him last summer. Not sure what you're doing bringing them into it.

And our arena is in the ghetto? Yeah, because MSG and the Wells Fargo Center are in the safest places in the world. And you do know that Prudential is regarded as one of the most beautiful arenas in the league right? Opposing fans often come to our board admiring the state of our building.

You need a reality check.

Edit: I checked your post history. Majority of your stuff deals with the Isles so you're clearly a fan. You know you have the lowest attendance in the league, right? And you have had it for quite a while. Not only are you an idiot, but you're hypocritical. That's hysterical.

Old
03-06-2011, 12:28 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Not sure if this would work for either team but:

to NYI: Zach Parise, LW

to NJD: Adam Larsson, D; Josh Bailey, C; Trent Hunter, RW; 2012 1st round pick.

I listed Larsson because a player looks more appealing than a pick, IMO, and if the Isles finish with the 3rd pick I see them getting Larsson. IMO RNH goes 1st and if Ottawa picks 2nd, I see them falling in love with Landeskog.

Bailey is listed not because I'm giving up on him, like some other Isles fans, but because you have to give to get and Bailey still has a lot of value, IMO. That, and with Tavares and Nielsen holding down the top-2 center spots, and a couple of center prospects such as Anders Lee, Brock Nelson and Casey Cizikas in the system who all have the potential to eventually hold down the 3rd line spot, Bailey could be considered expendable.

Hunter, although injured, still has value to a competitive team. He is the perfect 3rd line RW, IMO. He is one of the best body-checkers in the game, is very strong on the puck in the corners, excellent defensively and can put up some pretty decent offensive numbers playing on the 3rd line. Add to that he is signed to a very cap-friendly deal(he's only making $2M over the next 2 years), and he will be a very valuable asset to a playoff team, which the Devils will almost surely be next year. The one knock on Trent is his speed, which is non-existent, but he makes up for it with his hockey sense. I really like Hunter for the Isles future but I feel that Comeau, who has elevated his game this season, makes him expendable.

The 2012 1st is just to make the value a bit closer. Usually 1st rounders for the following year don't have as much value as one would think, but a 1st coming from the Islanders, who are perennial bottom-feeders, should be pretty appealing to any team. I know the Isles have shown a lot of potential lately but as long as they aren't spending UFA money I feel that the 2012 1st will carry a lot of weight.

That said, I still doubt the Devils part with Parise in this deal. One reason being it will be very difficult for them to deal Zach to a division rival. Even if they thought the package was fair the thought of Parise killing them 8 times a year might scare them into walking away. Another reason being the return just flat out isn't enough, which it very well may not be. Either way, I don't see the Isles parting with more than this, since it's hard to imagine them even parting with this much as it is, even for a player of Parise's caliber at Parise's young age.

I just don't think a trade of this magnitude inter-division makes much sense for either team. But hell, it's fun to at least speculate.

blinkman360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I don't want Bailey at all.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:35 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Not sure if this would work for either team but:

to NYI: Zach Parise, LW

to NJD: Adam Larsson, D; Josh Bailey, C; Trent Hunter, RW; 2012 1st round pick.

I listed Larsson because a player looks more appealing than a pick, IMO, and if the Isles finish with the 3rd pick I see them getting Larsson. IMO RNH goes 1st and if Ottawa picks 2nd, I see them falling in love with Landeskog.

Bailey is listed not because I'm giving up on him, like some other Isles fans, but because you have to give to get and Bailey still has a lot of value, IMO. That, and with Tavares and Nielsen holding down the top-2 center spots, and a couple of center prospects such as Anders Lee, Brock Nelson and Casey Cizikas in the system who all have the potential to eventually hold down the 3rd line spot, Bailey could be considered expendable.

Hunter, although injured, still has value to a competitive team. He is the perfect 3rd line RW, IMO. He is one of the best body-checkers in the game, is very strong on the puck in the corners, excellent defensively and can put up some pretty decent offensive numbers playing on the 3rd line. Add to that he is signed to a very cap-friendly deal(he's only making $2M over the next 2 years), and he will be a very valuable asset to a playoff team, which the Devils will almost surely be next year. The one knock on Trent is his speed, which is non-existent, but he makes up for it with his hockey sense. I really like Hunter for the Isles future but I feel that Comeau, who has elevated his game this season, makes him expendable.

The 2012 1st is just to make the value a bit closer. Usually 1st rounders for the following year don't have as much value as one would think, but a 1st coming from the Islanders, who are perennial bottom-feeders, should be pretty appealing to any team. I know the Isles have shown a lot of potential lately but as long as they aren't spending UFA money I feel that the 2012 1st will carry a lot of weight.

That said, I still doubt the Devils part with Parise in this deal. One reason being it will be very difficult for them to deal Zach to a division rival. Even if they thought the package was fair the thought of Parise killing them 8 times a year might scare them into walking away. Another reason being the return just flat out isn't enough, which it very well may not be. Either way, I don't see the Isles parting with more than this, since it's hard to imagine them even parting with this much as it is, even for a player of Parise's caliber at Parise's young age.

I just don't think a trade of this magnitude inter-division makes much sense for either team. But hell, it's fun to at least speculate.
Effectively the same deal as the OP except instead of a decent prospect we 30 year old crap center. Devils say no unless they are really certain Larsson will be an elite D-man.

Old
03-06-2011, 12:45 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Effectively the same deal as the OP except instead of a decent prospect we 30 year old crap center. Devils say no unless they are really certain Larsson will be an elite D-man.
Well Hunter is a wing, not a center, and he is far from "crap." If you ever watched him play you would have noticed that he is very solid in pretty much every aspect of the game. As I said, his only knock(which is a big one) is he is slow as ****. It gets frustrating but he still finds a way to play at a solid level despite it.

The main reason I listed him as opposed to a guy like Petrov is because I figured the Devils would want some sort of proven NHL talent instead of having the entire deal built on "potential." That, and Hunter is the type of player playoff teams will be dying to have by the time the postseason rolls around. Since I can see the Devils making that push next year, Hunter will be of much more value to you guys than Petrov would, obviously.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
We don't need wingers. And I can't see Lou ever wanting Hunter.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Does Trent Hunter even play in the league anymore? I'd rather be interested in acquiring MILPH Hunter.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 02:05 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Does Trent Hunter even play in the league anymore? I'd rather be interested in acquiring MILPH Hunter.
I believe it's spelled MIL.F.(can't believe this word gets filtered) Mom I'd Like to *******. MILPH would be something Mom I'd Like to Pull Hair? That could be fun too though, who knows?