HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

JT Miller vs Mark Stone

Old
04-09-2014, 11:23 AM
PablitoArg

vCash: 500
JT Miller vs Mark Stone

who has more potential to be the better player long term... JT Miller or Mark Stone?

I don't want your opinions to be biased if you're a Ranger or Sens fan.

PablitoArg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 11:45 AM
HeavyHitter99

I think Jt will be will be the better overall player but Stone will be the better goal scorer. Both will be top 6 players though.

HeavyHitter99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Section32

These guys may end up being very similar players. Big difference is that one was taken in the 1st round and the other in the 6th.

Miller is also most comfortable at center. I believe Stone has been on the wing mostly- if that is something that needs to be taken into consideration.

But really too early to tell.

Section32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Captain Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section32 View Post
These guys may end up being very similar players. Big difference is that one was taken in the 1st round and the other in the 6th.

Miller is also most comfortable at center. I believe Stone has been on the wing mostly- if that is something that needs to be taken into consideration.

This is the way I see them, I think they are tough to compare because of different skillsets/abilities:

1. JT Miller will be a center where as Stone's future is as a winger.

2. JT Miller is the far superior skater, both speed and agility wise. Skating ability has likewise held back Stone from quicker progression given his high hockey IQ.

3. Stone has a very high hockey IQ and demonstrated leadership abilities, the hockey IQ part has been slow to come to Miller compared to some of his draft classmates.

I don't think either of them will be top 6 players, I think Stone will be a nice 3rd line wing, likewise Miller will be a nice 3rd line center (he reminds a lot of Rich Peverley).

I actually like both as players though I would have hoped for a little bit more offense from Miller at this point. Stone also has a bit of a reputation for being soft but very skilled and smart. I'll never forget his performance at the 2012 World Juniors, he was $$$$$$.

Captain Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 02:05 PM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

I'll just say this about stone. One of, if not the smartest player on the team. Always makes the right read, goes to the net, has a decent shot, big body, strong on the boards. As said in this thread his skating is below average and that will always hold him back. Hasn't looked out of place playing in the top 6 with Turris and Macarthur.

The Latvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 02:13 PM
nikonsniper*

vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcompton View Post

I actually like both as players though I would have hoped for a little bit more offense from Miller at this point. Stone also has a bit of a reputation for being soft but very skilled and smart. I'll never forget his performance at the 2012 World Juniors, he was $$$$$$.
He is at a PPG in the AHL. His offense has been fine so far.

nikonsniper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 02:29 PM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section32 View Post

Draft position means nothing at this point

HeavyHitter99 is online now   Reply With Quote