HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fatcats great deal

Old
03-04-2011, 06:12 AM
mianjo

vCash: 500
Fatcats great deal

Family 4 pack $800.00 yours for $200.00

http://www.kahoot.ca/

mianjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Droc
Classless

That actually a really good deal.

Droc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

vCash: 50
I would rather spend 200 on 1 Sens game for 2.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:17 AM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
I would rather spend 200 on 1 Sens game for 2.
Maybe so but you wont find them around n the summer.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Maybe so but you wont find them around n the summer.
...and they've barely shown up in the winter

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:02 AM
SilverSeven

Id rather spend $200 on a couple of guys to beat me with a baseball bat.

As if good baseball isnt bad enough to watch...

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

And people wonder why pro sports don't seem to work in Ottawa...

Old
03-04-2011, 11:12 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

I'm a huge baseball fan, but the reality is that baseball started dying a long, slow death here in Ottawa the day the Expos left... one could argue it started dying after the '94 strike. Getting a legit team here might help local interest, but the fact that the Fatcats aren't even playing affiliated ball really hurts their drawing power. I'd love it if we had a AA team here, but even as a baseball guy, there's not much interest for me to go see a northern, independent renegade-league team.

Baseball has lost a lot of their youth participation numbers to Soccer, unfortunately. Little league registration is at an all-time low... still some good participation in Orleans and a bit in the west end, but it's nothing like it used to be in the mid 90's.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 04:31 PM
mianjo

4200 season tickets already sold, WOW

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/base.../17500941.html

mianjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 04:36 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
How'd you become a moderator?

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 06:25 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Pro sports does work and with 4200 season ticket sold for a semi pro team that is very very good.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
Pro sports does work and with 4200 season ticket sold for a semi pro team that is very very good.
The sens almost flopped... the Roughriders flopped... the Renegades flopped... the Lynx flopped.. the Ottawa Rapidz (For whom I worked for) flopped (mainly cause the owner knew nothing about running a baseball team and was a complete dick).

I think this article is a little misleading because these tickets are practically given away.. 5$ season ticket for little leaguers? no wonder there's 4200 sold. I worked for the Fat Cats last season, this is a very small league and everyone is basically working for free with this organization. If the team actually had major expenses like the Lynx or the Rapidz did.. they wouldnt last very long either.

I'd love for these things to work out because I love going to watch live baseball or football.. but people in this city don't seem to want to dish out the cash to see these teams.. so in the end.. they have to shut down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
How'd you become a moderator?
I was asked if I wanted the job after showing some interest in the position.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Julez1212

Just wondering but why isn't this OT? Does this have anything to do with the Sens?

Julez1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 10:04 PM
trobby

Pretty smart move, even if they are practically giving the tickets away for free.
(Average of $2.78/game)

I'm not too sure what the operating expenses are for this team, but by the initial numbers, they already have $840,000 stashed in the bank for this season.

Add in consessions, and merchandise, and I think they're on there way.

I'm not a fan of baseball, but good on them. At least they're restore some atmosphere back at the stadium.

Last edited by trobby: 03-05-2011 at 10:14 PM.
trobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobby View Post
Pretty smart move, even if they are practically giving the tickets away for free.
(Average of $2.78/game)

I'm not too sure what the operating expenses are for this team, but by the initial numbers, they already have $840,000 stashed in the bank for this season.

Add in consessions, and mechandise, and I think they're on there way.

I'm not a fan of baseball, but good on them. At least they're restore some atmosphere back at the stadium.
Where do you get $840,000?

4,200 season tickets * 18 games * $2.78 (average) = $210,168?

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 10:18 PM
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post

I'm guessing he used 4200 * $200. It should actually be 4200 * $50.

H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Zorf

Baseball live is actually pretty entertaining to watch. TV coverage is brutal, which doesn't do the sport any favours, but what can they do? There's so much downtime during a game that it is almost impossible for it to be entertaining on TV. You can't explain it, but there's something special about being in a stadium.

That, and there's something great about eating a hilarious amount of stadium food that is actually sold at reasonable prices.

If you have a young family, it's a great night out. The kids can go play catch in the patch of grass beside left field, and I think they set up one of those inflatable castles too. Good times. Also, $0.25 hotdog night is pure win. Charlie Sheen is jealous of $0.25 hotdogs.

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 06:19 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
The sens almost flopped... the Roughriders flopped... the Renegades flopped... the Lynx flopped.. the Ottawa Rapidz (For whom I worked for) flopped (mainly cause the owner knew nothing about running a baseball team and was a complete dick).

I think this article is a little misleading because these tickets are practically given away.. 5$ season ticket for little leaguers? no wonder there's 4200 sold. I worked for the Fat Cats last season, this is a very small league and everyone is basically working for free with this organization. If the team actually had major expenses like the Lynx or the Rapidz did.. they wouldnt last very long either.

I'd love for these things to work out because I love going to watch live baseball or football.. but people in this city don't seem to want to dish out the cash to see these teams.. so in the end.. they have to shut down.

I was asked if I wanted the job after showing some interest in the position.
As with the rapidz attendance was not the main issue for a bad team they were in the middle of the pack in terms of attendance.To say no one did show up is really not true they avg just over 2.000 why did they shut down there were other reasons more then likely such as the very high lease and yes attendance may have had a small impact but it was not that bad.The lynx yes attendance did drop some would say part of the reason is the city taking away some of the parking and some would say as soon as the expos moved that was the end of the lynx.The rens and rough riders had alot more to do with bad managment more then anything it really had very little to do with attendance.As for the fat cats keep in mind this is semi pro ball even 4200 season tickets are dirt c heap that is good when the league is a small league meaning teams don't have a huge $$$ you don't need to pack the park every night.So again to say people don't want to dish out the money to see football or baseball is 100% false could it be better sure but its not that bad.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
As with the rapidz attendance was not the main issue for a bad team they were in the middle of the pack in terms of attendance.To say no one did show up is really not true they avg just over 2.000 why did they shut down there were other reasons more then likely such as the very high lease and yes attendance may have had a small impact but it was not that bad.The lynx yes attendance did drop some would say part of the reason is the city taking away some of the parking and some would say as soon as the expos moved that was the end of the lynx.The rens and rough riders had alot more to do with bad managment more then anything it really had very little to do with attendance.As for the fat cats keep in mind this is semi pro ball even 4200 season tickets are dirt c heap that is good when the league is a small league meaning teams don't have a huge $$$ you don't need to pack the park every night.So again to say people don't want to dish out the money to see football or baseball is 100% false could it be better sure but its not that bad.
I'll never forget when the Rough Riders drafted a dead guy.. that was very.. very.. sad.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:01 PM
gmyx

Quote:
The sens almost flopped...(mainly cause the goverment knew nothing about allowing a sports team to function and was a complete dick in overburdening them with debt). the Roughriders flopped (mainly cause the owner knew nothing about running a football team and was a complete dick).... the Renegades flopped (mainly cause the same owner knew nothing about running a football team and was a complete dick).... the Lynx flopped.. the Ottawa Rapidz (For whom I worked for) flopped (mainly cause the owner knew nothing about running a baseball team and was a complete dick).
Let not get into the CLF issues but they 'flopped' for reason other than the fans.

gmyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:20 PM
trobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post

I don't know why I did that...

It should have been $4,200 x $50 = $210,000....for some reason I forgot that 1 season ticket was actually 4 seats...my bad.

trobby is offline   Reply With Quote