HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

What could we get for Anisimov+Wolski?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2011, 01:54 PM
  #1
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,017
vCash: 500
What could we get for Anisimov+Wolski?

Here's the deal. I know a lot of people like AA because he's homegrown and nobody wants to give up Wolski yet because he was just acquired. I have no problem with either player. I am glad to have them. I am not down on either one of them.

But if we sign Brad Richards... a big if, but play along please ... we will need to package a couple of solid guys for one really good one.

At center, we'll have Brad, Stepan, Boyle and Christ. Unless you want to put AA on the third line and Boyle on the fourth, which would be a waste of both their talents, there really isn't space for him. With Brad, we'll have excellent centers without Anisimov.

This allows us to move him along with a winger for a better winger.

But which winger? If we sign Brad, that means we are going for the Cup now, so trading Gabby makes no sense. It also doesn't make sense to trade Callahan because he's Callahan, nothing else needs to be said. I would need a radical overpayment, like a 40-goal scorer to be willing to trade him. And we need to keep Zucca who looks to be developing into an excellent second-line RW. Our RWs are very solid and should not be flipped.

Which leaves the LWs. That's our weakest position right now. Dubinsky-Wolski-Prust-Avery is solid, but not great.

Take Anisimov and Wolski together. They are both young and decently talented. We can get a better player for the two of them.

I get that nobody wants to trade something valuable. Fan proposals are always, "here's stuff I don't need for your best asset."

But that doesn't work in real life. We can't trade Christ and Weise for a first liner. But we may be able to get someone really good for Wolski+Anisimov.

Any thoughts on what that may be?


Last edited by Beacon: 03-17-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:05 PM
  #2
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 50
Why are you initially putting EC before AA? EC is just a stop gap until someone better comes along... in this case that someone would be Richards. AA on the third line won't kill him and it's not like he'd be stuck there. AA and Stepan are interchangable.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:06 PM
  #3
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,855
vCash: 500
I'd rather sell high with Boyle than AA, in your scenario. Anisimov would be a perfect 3rd line defensive center on a very good team, and he has more skill then Boyle - so keep that.

You probably could get about the same return back if you offered either of them considering Boyle scored 20 this year. Not sure hell duplicate that again.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:11 PM
  #4
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Why are you initially putting EC before AA? EC is just a stop gap until someone better comes along... in this case that someone would be Richards. AA on the third line won't kill him and it's not like he'd be stuck there. AA and Stepan are interchangable.
I am not putting EC ahead of AA. I just listed who would be the 4 centers without AA.

AA and Step are interchangeable right now, but Step has more upside. In a couple of years, he'll be significantly better. I have hopes for Step to become a first liner one day. I don't have similar hopes for AA.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:16 PM
  #5
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I am not putting EC ahead of AA. I just listed who would be the 4 centers without AA.

AA and Step are interchangeable right now, but Step has more upside. In a couple of years, he'll be significantly better. I have hopes for Step to become a first liner one day. I don't have similar hopes for AA.
So you want to trade him just because he doesn't have first line upside? What do you think you're going to get for him that is any more attractive than a young 2nd/3rd line center who's excellent defensively? Anisimov plus Wolski isn't going to land you a first line player or a star defenseman.

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:17 PM
  #6
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,050
vCash: 500
I think the first question should be, who's available to get? And then, what would the price be?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:20 PM
  #7
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'd rather sell high with Boyle than AA, in your scenario. Anisimov would be a perfect 3rd line defensive center on a very good team, and he has more skill then Boyle - so keep that.

You probably could get about the same return back if you offered either of them considering Boyle scored 20 this year. Not sure hell duplicate that again.

I think AA brings us more back than Boyle. And I think Boyle would be happier and better suited for third line duty.

By the way, never discount players. Think of Cally two years ago. Everyone thought it was going to be his only 20-goal season, but last year he scored 19 and missed the final goal only because he missed a few games at the end.

This year, he'd have scored 30 goals (he's on pace for 34) had he played the full season. In less than 2/3 of the season, he already has over 20 goals.

If Boyle develops a stronger shot and becomes more physical around the net, I can see him netting 20 goals year in and year out.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:22 PM
  #8
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
So you want to trade him just because he doesn't have first line upside? What do you think you're going to get for him that is any more attractive than a young 2nd/3rd line center who's excellent defensively? Anisimov plus Wolski isn't going to land you a first line player or a star defenseman.

No, that's not the reason. I wrote a long post on why I think those two are the ones who should be packaged and if you won't read it, then my re-typing it won't help.

Nor did I say that AA+Wolski gets us a first liner. I said that it gets us someone better than either one of them.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:32 PM
  #9
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Why are you initially putting EC before AA? EC is just a stop gap until someone better comes along... in this case that someone would be Richards. AA on the third line won't kill him and it's not like he'd be stuck there. AA and Stepan are interchangable.
Yes to this^, + consider AA 2nd line before Stepan at this point...

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:33 PM
  #10
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'd rather sell high with Boyle than AA, in your scenario. Anisimov would be a perfect 3rd line defensive center on a very good team, and he has more skill then Boyle - so keep that.

You probably could get about the same return back if you offered either of them considering Boyle scored 20 this year. Not sure hell duplicate that again.
Rather take a little less for keeping AA, a more complete player.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:36 PM
  #11
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I am not putting EC ahead of AA. I just listed who would be the 4 centers without AA.

AA and Step are interchangeable right now, but Step has more upside. In a couple of years, he'll be significantly better. I have hopes for Step to become a first liner one day. I don't have similar hopes for AA.
Big time disagree.
Maybe Stepan might become better.
There's no given either way...

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:39 PM
  #12
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I think AA brings us more back than Boyle. And I think Boyle would be happier and better suited for third line duty.

By the way, never discount players. Think of Cally two years ago. Everyone thought it was going to be his only 20-goal season, but last year he scored 19 and missed the final goal only because he missed a few games at the end.

This year, he'd have scored 30 goals (he's on pace for 34) had he played the full season. In less than 2/3 of the season, he already has over 20 goals.

If Boyle develops a stronger shot and becomes more physical around the net, I can see him netting 20 goals year in and year out.
Neither is untouchable but we're better off keeping AA.
The key is not to move only Wolski, only Girardi, only Boyle ...
try to move 3, 4 guys + picks and get one real upgrade.
Give $1.20 in change for $1; don't go coke for pepsi, don't be greedy and go for a swindle...

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:48 PM
  #13
XLJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,356
vCash: 500
The only way I would trade Anisimov is if you get back a first line player for him. And I dont think thats happening. We would be very strong down the middle with Richards-Stepan-Anisimov as our top 3 centers. Boyle is a 4th line center we are not wasting his talent thats where he belongs. He is a good depth player on a contending team.

I dont think Wolski has much value. The guy is close to being viewed as another Zherdev around the league. His last two coaches couldn't stand him. I dont see adding him in a deal with Anisimov would get you much more.

I think if Kreider leaves school he is going to make the team. Our left wingers would probably be Dubi-Wolski-Kreider-Avery next year. If Kreider doesn't leave school you would think Hagelin has a good shot to make the team or they might bring back Fedotenko.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 02:50 PM
  #14
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,381
vCash: 500
And which magical 1st line player would a team be willing to part with? And if you do move a center, it's Boyle who goes first.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:05 PM
  #15
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,025
vCash: 500
You can never have too much center depth. If you trade AA and Richards gets hurt, then you've got Stepan, Boyle and EC as your centers?

Jordan Staal plays 3rd line center (when Crosby and Malkin are healthy). I think we're ok with having AA or Stepan on the 3rd line. Neither one has produced 2nd line numbers yet, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

If we did package AA + Wolski, who are we gonna get? How much is that player going to make? Obviously you are looking for a big name. Those don't come cheap.

Add Richards if we can, re-sign our RFAs and see how it plays out.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:12 PM
  #16
DrAStuart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 404
vCash: 500
Assuming no blanks and not counting double or triple word or letter spaces...both are worth 13 pts.

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:13 PM
  #17
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Neither is untouchable but we're better off keeping AA.
The key is not to move only Wolski, only Girardi, only Boyle ...
try to move 3, 4 guys + picks and get one real upgrade.
Give $1.20 in change for $1; don't go coke for pepsi, don't be greedy and go for a swindle...
Except we can't afford to make deals like that. If we sign Richards, we aren't going to have the money to swap 3+ cheaper players for 1 expensive player. And truth be told, we really don't have the depth to do that either. We are a pretty deep team, but we are also very young. If we start trading players 3 for 1, that depth will disappear quickly.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:17 PM
  #18
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,885
vCash: 50
40 points is 2nd line numbers on most of the teams in the league.

Stepan and Anisimov are 1st and 2nd year players, so it is safe to assume that barring some sort of wall, they w ill both have 2nd line production next year (40+ points)

Having said that, getting Richards is far from a sure thing at this point. And even if we do, I hardly think that dealing away a 23 year old 2 way pivot is the way to go.

Run Richards-Stepan-Anisimov-Boyle down the middle (not a waste of talent, instead a good core with the ability to step up comfortably in case of an inevitable injury) and if EC is playing well, have him play LW on the Gaborik like. Christensen is more than comfortable playing winger.

Christensen-Richards-Gaborik
Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello?
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
X-Boyle-Prust

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:21 PM
  #19
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
40 points is 2nd line numbers on most of the teams in the league.

Stepan and Anisimov are 1st and 2nd year players, so it is safe to assume that barring some sort of wall, they w ill both have 2nd line production next year (40+ points)

Having said that, getting Richards is far from a sure thing at this point. And even if we do, I hardly think that dealing away a 23 year old 2 way pivot is the way to go.

Run Richards-Stepan-Anisimov-Boyle down the middle (not a waste of talent, instead a good core with the ability to step up comfortably in case of an inevitable injury) and if EC is playing well, have him play LW on the Gaborik like. Christensen is more than comfortable playing winger.

Christensen-Richards-Gaborik
Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello?
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
X-Boyle-Prust
Hagelin or Fedotenko.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:24 PM
  #20
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,885
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Hagelin or Fedotenko.
I'd add Avery and Werek to the list of possibles, plus we can't obviously rule out another UFA signing.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:26 PM
  #21
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'd rather sell high with Boyle than AA, in your scenario. Anisimov would be a perfect 3rd line defensive center on a very good team, and he has more skill then Boyle - so keep that.

You probably could get about the same return back if you offered either of them considering Boyle scored 20 this year. Not sure hell duplicate that again.
Exactly. If Richards is signed, it'll be Boyle that's moved. More suited to be a winger than a center, anyway.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:30 PM
  #22
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,572
vCash: 500
IF Richards signed I don't think we need to move anyone unless the situation arises.


Richards
Stepan
Anisimov
Boyle

gives you a rich and deep core of centers, allow Stepan and Anisimov to mature into top 6 players, and then when Richards contract is up you move everyone up and let a guy like Roman Horak step in to fill in the hole or something (Horak's projected to be a C, right?)

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:38 PM
  #23
allstar3970
Registered User
 
allstar3970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
40 points is 2nd line numbers on most of the teams in the league.
THANK YOU. Sick of everybody thinking "legit first liners" are only 75-80 pts+ and "second liners" 55-65 pts

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:46 PM
  #24
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
IF Richards signed I don't think we need to move anyone unless the situation arises.


Richards
Stepan
Anisimov
Boyle

gives you a rich and deep core of centers, allow Stepan and Anisimov to mature into top 6 players, and then when Richards contract is up you move everyone up and let a guy like Roman Horak step in to fill in the hole or something (Horak's projected to be a C, right?)
This......why the heck would be deal Anisimov. Sign Richards and then go with that 4. Theycould also move Boyle to the wing full time and get a cheap 4th line C alla Blair Betts

Christensen is the stop gap in the spot we all want Richards to be.

Also Wolskii has more offensive potential than alot of guys on this team. just let him play his contract out and see if he's worth resigning

Wolskii, Ricahrds, Gaborik
Dubinsky, Anisimov, Callahan
Boyle, Stepan, Zuccarello
Avery/Boogaard, cheap 4th line C, Prust.....OR Kreider wins a job on LW and Boyle is at C.

nice F group to go with a great G and young up and coming D

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:50 PM
  #25
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,885
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
THANK YOU. Sick of everybody thinking "legit first liners" are only 75-80 pts+ and "second liners" 55-65 pts
When in fact, less than 1 player per team every year hits 75 points, and 55 puts you as a #3 forward on the average club.

The Median "2nd liner" last season is player ranked # 135, as #91-180 would be "2nd line forwards" from the league standard. That player was Jason Blake with 41 points.

Median first line winger was Dustin Penner with 63.

Median third line winger; Nick Foligno with 26 points.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.