HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peace Treaty??

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2011, 11:01 PM
nfld77

vCash: 500
Peace Treaty??

As some of you know, I've been on your board a few times and had some terrific hockey conversations. Being a Bruin fan all my 48 years, I've seen alot happen against our biggest rivalry over the years and it usually takes awhile before things cool down.

I've always been met here with respect from your board and I've always tried to be respectful also. I've never had a problem here and dont now.

The Chara hit on Pacioretty was very unfortunate and I wish it didnt happen. Bruin fans will say there was no intent to injure, Hab fans will say opposite. I just wish it happened somewhere else on the ice.
The majority of fans for every team including Bruins/Habs are decent people who love to talk hockey but you also have the odd fan who does nothing only stir up trouble and lash out at the opposition fans.

Like I said, I enjoy the chats I have here. I always feel welcome and hope that dosen't change. Me or you cant change how some fans act. We have no control over what players do, only what we do or say. And I hope Pacioretty has a speedy recovery and returns in time for the post season!

Take care and best of health Hab fans!!

Old
03-10-2011, 11:06 PM
FF de Mars

I used to respect the Bruins. The thing is that this year, they act like sour loosers. They try to hurt the Habs, to goon it up, they don't even care that it's a hockey game, when they play the Habs. I hope things get back to normal and that we get to enjoy this rivalry, but place yourself in our shoes. That's not very enjoyable having the Bruins coming to Montréal thinking about who they will hit instead of how they will win the game. I mean this is hockey, not the UFC or boxing. That's all, my mentality in life is the same as the Habs, to play your game and beat those who enjoy intimidation with the scoreboard. As in hockey, in life, you have many Bruins, and I respect them when they don't go overboard, because I believe in diversity of values. However, the Bruins are hard to respect, this year, well from a Habs point of view.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:08 PM
LouisJCloutier

Bad idea you got there OP, this won't end happily.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Not the time dude, not the time. The Cities at a Red Hot Peak right now, when a dog growls you back off.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

I'm sorry some of the responses in this thread have been rather rude. I think we can make a peace treaty with you since you've been classy...but your fellow fans...no.

Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

You're always welcome here.

For me, this is a much bigger issue than a play against the bruins/habs.

Sponsors are upset, active players are tweeting about the play and its dangers, the canadian parliament is upset, the prime minister is concerned, and the police has an opened an investigation.

This has evolved to be more about the nhl than just two rivals.

Never mind chara's intentions and pacioretty's injuries. This is a global issue in the hockey world and the debate is about headshots, and head injuries, and why the nhl cant be more progressive about it.

Old
LouisJCloutier

and I will not respect a team that act like you've been acting recently.

Lucic chasing Pouliot after what happened with MaxPac was just disgusting.....

Old
03-10-2011, 11:10 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I am at the point that everything that reminds me of the bruins makes me puke, honestly the team is that disgusting...team full of cavemen..

nothing against you personally.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:10 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
You're always welcome here.

For me, this is a much bigger issue than a play against the bruins/habs.

Sponsors are upset, active players are tweeting about the play and its dangers, the canadian parliament is upset, the prime minister is concerned, and the police has an opened an investigation.

This has evolved to be more about the nhl than just two rivals.

Never mind chara's intentions and pacioretty's injuries. This is a global issue in the hockey world and the debate is about headshots, and head injuries, and why the nhl cant be more progressive about it.
''Strong hockey play''

Old
03-10-2011, 11:11 PM
TheNewGuy

Hmm I get why we hate on all those idiotic bruins fans
but I dont see the point of going off on the OP
its not like he was being rude or anything, just bad timing when that hit is still fresh in every habs fans mind

Old
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
We shouldn't be dumb enough to put every Bruins fan in the same basket.

Like it is the trend actually on the main board against Habs fan...

If they guy comes over and doesn't troll, what's the big deal about it? He just happens to follow another team.

Old
totalrecall

It's really hard to accept this peace offering when just couple of days ago some of your fanbase wished death to Max

Old
03-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Andy

Habs fans, coming from a habs fans: A lot of you have no heads. Shut up and stop making things worse especially for the habs posters who try to post as unbiased as possible. A lot of our **** falls on deaf ears because many posters act stupid. This results in the entire board painting us with one brush.

Act like men, not like Boston Bruins.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
As some of you know, I've been on your board a few times and had some terrific hockey conversations. Being a Bruin fan all my 48 years, I've seen alot happen against our biggest rivalry over the years and it usually takes awhile before things cool down.

I've always been met here with respect from your board and I've always tried to be respectful also. I've never had a problem here and dont now.

The Chara hit on Pacioretty was very unfortunate and I wish it didnt happen. Bruin fans will say there was no intent to injure, Hab fans will say opposite. I just wish it happened somewhere else on the ice.
The majority of fans for every team including Bruins/Habs are decent people who love to talk hockey but you also have the odd fan who does nothing only stir up trouble and lash out at the opposition fans.

Like I said, I enjoy the chats I have here. I always feel welcome and hope that dosen't change. Me or you cant change how some fans act. We have no control over what players do, only what we do or say. And I hope Pacioretty has a speedy recovery and returns in time for the post season!

I'm actually able to make the difference between the wise and the idiots. I hated generalization, I'm not going to not practice what I preach. Though maybe you should have waited just a little more...and especially after a loss where we looked terrible, I know you're amongst the good ones.

But I'd suggest giving this board a little more time.....We're still freakin frustrated right now. And to see now how it went from Pacioretty being the victim to now the target with the hit he made on Eaton, and how everything has been ridiculized by everybody while the idea of everything is to make the league a safer place, I'm really not sure that peace is on everybody's mind right now. But thanks anyway.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:14 PM
googlymoogly

The Bruin players Lucic and Horton couldn't even let 20 minutes of peace after a horrific hit in an emotional game.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:15 PM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

I think this was a bad time, some of us are still too pissed at your organization. No offence to you but I'd prefer to stay away from everything that involves the Bruins right now.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post

There are very few of you, that are like you, that are Bruins fans. I'm a US fan who cheers for the Habs. I have taken my licks from both the US and the Canadian fans that I know in person as well as on this board.

Go read your threads on the Bruins boards. Absolutely disgusting if you ask me. The Bruins are a disgrace to hockey. I enjoy a great hockey game, but when you see some of the comments you really have to wonder. The way the Bruins complained about Savard and Bergy, you'd think they would have a little more compassion. But no, all we see if how Patches deserved to almost be paralized. And this is not just from fans but that jackass Edwards as well. At least Brick was saying that it would be looked at, while Edwards was tossing his salad all over the broadcast.

And to see Lucic trying to try to fight at the end was just another idiotic play by a guy who can't keep his motions in check. Until the Bruins can lose with dignity they will continue to be a second rate hockey team. Your best bet is just to leave this subject alone.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Nedved

this isn't a game man. A kid almost died on the ice last night because Chara decided to be careless.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Frankenheimer

Not sure it makes much sense to generalize either way, but one thing is for sure, the Bruins team and culture has promoted a certain image of toughness that results in the same event being seen in radically different ways. I think that's what is so bothersome to many habs fans as well. It's not just the act itself, but what it represents as an image of the game.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:22 PM
CrazyShea

What a surprise the only decent Bruins fan and he's a newfie. I have a question how does a newfie become a Boston fan? The rock is split into half with habs/leafs fans why must you ruin the balance?

Old
03-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Stradale

Sorry about the comparison but this peace treaty is like Lucic chasing Pouliot in the same game that Pacioretty broke his neck. Not the time dude, not the time.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:25 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Ulf Samuelsson on Cam Neely: It was an unfortunate strong hockey play.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Frankenheimer

The other thing is that a solitary HF poster doesn't represent a fan base. We make peace with you and what? The other guys stop making disparaging comments about Pacioretty?

That's not gonna happen.

Edit: Try making this thread on the Bruins board and see what happens.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
I think everyone needs to chill. I appreciate the gesture from you, nfld77. I think for a peace treaty to happen between Habs fans and Bruins fans in general, a lot of stuff needs to stop and I don't see it happening at all. However, I have encountered several Bruins fans that have been VERY classy and are more than welcome to converse with Habs fans on the Habs board.

I think at this point, anger has shifted more over to the league and the way they've handled it, along with so called "analysts" taking the high road and remaining neutral just to keep their jobs safe.

But then I see Chara's ugly mug, talking about how he was just making a simple hockey play, and absolutely no remorse in his eyes, and I hate him even more.

But you, as a fan, are not the target, nor should you be. Hopefully everyone else here can remain classy like you have.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
What a surprise the only decent Bruins fan and he's a newfie. I have a question how does a newfie become a Boston fan? The rock is split into half with habs/leafs fans why must you ruin the balance?
lol, I was thinking the same thing. Never met a newf Bruins fan, but I've lived with 2 newf Habs fans and a Leafs fan, and almost every other newf I know is either Leafs or indifferent/Canadian teams in general.

Closed Thread