HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Bellator Fighting Championships

Old
03-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Fanpuck33

vCash: 500
Bellator Fighting Championships

Welterweight Tourney
Lyman Good defeats Chris Lozano
Jay Hieron deats Anthony Lapsley
Rick Hawn defeats Jim Wallhead
Brent Weedman defeats Dan Hornbuckle

Rick Hawn defeated Lyman Good
Jay Hieron defeated Brent Weedman

Jay Hieron defeats Rick Hawn, for a title shot against Ben Askren

Lightweight Tourney
Toby Imada defeats Josh Shockley
Michael Chandler defeats Marcin Held
Patricky Freire defeats Rob McCullough
Lloyd Woodard defeats Carey Vanier

Patricky Friere defeats Toby Imada
Michael Chander defeats Lloyd Woodward

Michael Chandler defeats Patricky Friere, for a title shot against Eddie Alvarez

Featherweight Tourney
Patricio Freire defeats Georgi Karakhanyan
Wilson Reis defeats Zac George
Kenny Foster defeats Eric Larkin
Daniel Straus defeats Nazareno Malegarie

Daniel Straus defeats. Kenny Foster
Patricio Friere defeats Wilson Reis

Patricio Friere defeats Daniel Straus, for a title shot against Joe Warren

Light Heavyweight Tourney

Christian M'Pumbu defeats Chris Davis
D.J. Linderman defeats Raphael Davis
Richard Hale defeats Nik Fekete
Tim Carpenter defeated Daniel Gracie

Christian M'Pumbu defeats Tim Carpenter
Richard Hale defeats DJ Linderman

Christian M'Pumbu defeats Richard Hale for the vacant title

Last edited by Fanpuck33: 05-22-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Fanpuck33

I was very surprised the judges gave Weedman the decision over Hornbuckle. I thought Honrbuckle definitely took two rounds in the fight.

Jay Heiron's win was certainly controversial, as his opponent was not asleep when the fight was called. You can't really blame the ref, though. He did what he could and fighter safety has to come first. It was only a matter of time before Heiron won anyway.

Old
03-06-2011, 12:46 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanpuck33 View Post
I was very surprised the judges gave Weedman the decision over Hornbuckle. I thought Honrbuckle definitely took two rounds in the fight.
Great second round with a lot of back and forth ground action. I love ground fighting like that--it's not just stand up that's exciting. Weedman, even if you gave the fight to Hornbuckle, was impressive.

Quote:
Jay Heiron's win was certainly controversial, as his opponent was not asleep when the fight was called. You can't really blame the ref, though. He did what he could and fighter safety has to come first. It was only a matter of time before Heiron won anyway.
Lapsley was a bit of an idiot--he should have never gone completely limp like that. That said, that choke never looked tight and Josh Rosenthal should have given him more of the benefit of the doubt. Lapsley was saved a beatdown, though. What kind of b level fighter has 8 kids? Shouldn't you at least have some kind of stable career before you have that many kids? Moron should have gotten a vasectomy six kids ago. Or, conversely, once you have that many kids, find some job where you can work 50-60 hours a week and make over-time rather than spending a huge portion of your day in the gym.

The Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Captain_Cunney

RE: Hornbuckle/Weedman

Hornbuckle was screwed even though it was a close fight.

This is another example of the judges simply giving the round to the guy on top. They completely ignored all the sub attempts Hornbuckle was throwing up, he was far more active from the bottom than Weedman was from the top.

At the end of the day it still falls on Hornbuckle as he should've been able to put away a guy like Weedman.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Fanpuck33

Some nice submissions this week. Friere vs. McCullough was an excellent back and forth battle. They also showed Spiritwolf vs. Jara from last week's prelim card - what a war!

Old
03-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Captain_Cunney

The other Pitbull looked really good against Rob, his fight with Imada should be great. I also really liked that wrestler who choked that guy out cold with the armtriangle, he looks pretty dangerous.

I wasn't that jacked about the Spiritwolf fight, his fights always play out like that, glorified bar room brawls. The striking was pretty sloppy, nothing but powershot after powershot. Don't get me wrong, it was a decent battle. I was just left a little under-whelmed due to the hype that was generated over that fight, I thought we were going to see a FOTY candidate.

Old
03-15-2011, 02:15 PM
The Rage

Are we seeing the emergence of "Big Pit" and "Little Pit"?

Of course, Lil Nog is much bigger than Big Pit.

Raings are out for Bellator's recent show:http://mmajunkie.com/news/22838/bell...nds-241000.mma

90% increase for the replay? The replay higher than the live show (which was an increase over the previous live show)? That shows me people really liked the show and wanted to watch it again. Bellator already established with its first show on MTV2 some of the highest ratings in the lucrative 18-35 male demographic that MTV2 has ever seen. Now, they are showing signs of significant momentum. The next show will be telling--it takes three data points to establish a pattern after all. Maybe Bellator can survive and even thrive after all.

The Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Captain_Cunney

Just a reminder that the timing for this weeks' event is 7 pm, which they will do anytime they have an event the same day as a UFC event (smart business move).

Old
03-27-2011, 03:06 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Don't click the video below if you PVR'd Saturday's Bellator and still haven't watched it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPQF0mP5tOs

Seriously though... what are the odds?

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post
Don't click the video below if you PVR'd Saturday's Bellator and still haven't watched it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPQF0mP5tOs

Seriously though... what are the odds?
That was an AWESOME card on Saturday night. That submission was frickin' awesome. Linderman vs. Davis was a spectacular fight, before they gassed after two rounds. The judges have to be thrilled that fight was finished, because it was almost impossible to score either round. Both seemed to be one sided for one fighter, then the other scored a big hit that dropped the other guy, putting the round back in doubt. The other two fights were pretty solid back and forth fights as well.

Old
03-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Captain_Cunney

I can't wait to see Eddie back in action on Saturday night, I don't think Curran has much of a chance.

MAIN CARD:

* World Lightweight Title Fight: Champ Eddie Alvarez (21-2) vs. Challenger Pat Curran (13-3)
* Welterweight Semifinal Fight: Lyman Good (11-1) vs. Rick Hawn (10-0)
* Lightweight Semifinal Fight: Toby Imada (29-15) vs. Pitbull (8-1)
* Welterweight Fight: Ben Saunders (9-3-2) vs. Matt Lee (13-9)

That's probably the best main card they've had yet. We get one of the absolute best LWs on the planet, Good/Hawn & Pitbull/Imada will both be AWESOME and Killa B always has impressed me.

Old
03-29-2011, 03:27 PM
m9

Love this card coming up. I've been inconsistent on my Bellator watching this year but I'll be catching this one for sure.

Great week for Bellator to have a big card too, with the MMA landscape opening up for at least one Saturday night.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Night_Vole

I don't watch bellator regularly, but any card that has alvarez piques my intrest. Dude is an absolute killer, I love watching him fight.

I really hope to see him at least get some super fights in Japan if they are able to get it together. Because otherwise he is a top 5 fighter who is wasting his career in Bellator where they have no one to challange him.

Night_Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Fanpuck33

Really surprised that so few people here watch Bellator, given the interest in Strikeforce and UFC. It's free MMA and good up and coming fighters.

More good fights last night. Ben Saunders put a beatdown on Matt Sung Lee. Pitbull's KO of Imada was awesome. Stunned him with a flying knee and then finished him with a left cross. I love a good flying knee. Very close fight between Good and Hawn that could have gone either way. I was leaning towards Good, but I'm glad it went to Hawn, as I'd rather see someone new face Askren for the belt. Eddie Alvarez did look good, but certainly not dominating.

Last edited by Fanpuck33: 04-03-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old
04-03-2011, 12:06 PM
m9

Love watching Saunders fight, he looked great last night. Same with Pitbull. The Good/Hawn fight wasn't anything special.. Not a ton going on there.

Unfortunately my DVR cut off the main event after 2 rounds, but it sounds like Eddie continued to pick him apart slowly.

Old
04-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Captain_Cunney

Great night of fights again! I really hope Killa B makes it back to the UFC eventually, he's such an exciting fighter.

I gained a lot of respect for Curran last night, dude is tough as nails and definitely could be a force down the road if he continues to grow.

Old
04-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Pitbull's knee last night was fantastic.

I thought Curran was pathetic. 24 minutes of getting his ass kicked and not engaging. He came to survive -- not to fight. He did not belong in the cage with Alvarez if he is going to sit there and try weak counters all night.

Alvarez was mocking him in the 5th (walking away and doing nothing) because the guy is STILL sitting there doing nothing even though he was getting demolished every round. 24 ****ing minutes of not engaging. It was embarrassing to watch.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:00 AM
DaaaaB's

Entertaining card. Agree with Jonathan's comments about Curran. Pretty lame effort for a title fight. I'm looking forward to the Warren/Galvao fight in a couple weeks and next week's Askren/Thompson fight could be interesting too.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:18 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Pitbull's knee last night was fantastic.

I thought Curran was pathetic. 24 minutes of getting his ass kicked and not engaging. He came to survive -- not to fight. He did not belong in the cage with Alvarez if he is going to sit there and try weak counters all night.

Alvarez was mocking him in the 5th (walking away and doing nothing) because the guy is STILL sitting there doing nothing even though he was getting demolished every round. 24 ****ing minutes of not engaging. It was embarrassing to watch.
Wow. What to say about this.

Alvarez is one of the best fighters in his weight class on the planet. The guy has unreal movement. Im not sure what you are expecting Curran to do? He fought a good fight, but he just isnt in the same class as Alvarez, that being said he was able to be competitive for the first couple of rounds.

But I suppose he should just rush in with his hands down like a fool so some blood thirsty fans wont be bored watching at home.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Captain_Cunney

I don't know what you guys expected from Curran, the entire world fig'd the fight would be over in record time seeing how he was facing one of the absolute best in the world.....

He's 23 years old and went 5 rounds with the very top of the chain LW, he deserves a tip of the hat. He shouldn't have been fighting that fight his early in his career but Bellator has little depth.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Wow. What to say about this.

Alvarez is one of the best fighters in his weight class on the planet. The guy has unreal movement. Im not sure what you are expecting Curran to do? He fought a good fight, but he just isnt in the same class as Alvarez, that being said he was able to be competitive for the first couple of rounds.

But I suppose he should just rush in with his hands down like a fool so some blood thirsty fans wont be bored watching at home.
I expected Curran to try and press the action after he was clearly down on points after the first three rounds. Is that too much to ask? The guy lost 3 straight rounds and still didn't do anything. He only started to actually do something at the 24th minute.

What the ****, man? I mean, why shouldn't someone expect someone to actually TRY AND WIN? You think that is that outrageous? Give me a break. He was fighting to NOT get knocked out the entire fight rather than fighting to try and win.

It was borderline pathetic after the third round. I can see him doing that to tire Alvarez out for 3 rounds. That was fully acceptable and I don't think many complained about it. It was actually a decent strategy. But to keep doing it deep into the 5th and final round? Either you are related to this guy or you have no idea what wins fights. You don't win a fight by covering up and not attacking for 5 rounds.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
I don't know what you guys expected from Curran, the entire world fig'd the fight would be over in record time seeing how he was facing one of the absolute best in the world.....

He's 23 years old and went 5 rounds with the very top of the chain LW, he deserves a tip of the hat. He shouldn't have been fighting that fight his early in his career but Bellator has little depth.
He shouldn't have been fighting for it anyway, since Imada and Huerta were both robbed in decisions against him.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He shouldn't have been fighting for it anyway, since Imada and Huerta were both robbed in decisions against him.
Absolutely! The Huerta decision really burned me, luckily we still got to see the Huerta/Alvarez match-up (even though it was probably even less competitive).

Old
04-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
Absolutely! The Huerta decision really burned me, luckily we still got to see the Huerta/Alvarez match-up (even though it was probably even less competitive).
At least Huerta pressed the action against Eddie

Old
04-10-2011, 12:21 AM
m9

Not the most exciting fights tonight. The HW's brought it though, that was a great couple rounds.