HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Bellator Fighting Championships

Old
09-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Captain_Cunney

vCash: 500
I really want to see Warren get upset, I can't stand the guy, it most likely isn't happening.

On the Bellator front, it looks like they are trying to do Babalu vs. Hector. I'd assume it would be contested at 195/205. Also, Alvarez had to pull out of his title fight with Chandler due to an injury.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 02:18 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

I can't help but like Joe Warren, he's like a mini-Chael in every way, it's adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmajunkie
"I don't mean to be in people's faces," Warren told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "I'm just extremely confident. I try to stay confident, and sometimes I say more than I should. But it's always true. I don't say anything that isn't."

If that's true, Villa has reason to worry. Like Warren, a Pan American and world champion wrestler, Villa is a decorated amateur wrestler. But the fighter, who won a bronze medal in freestyle wrestling at the 1996 Summer Olympics, doesn't exactly concern Warren.

"He's 9-0, and he's knocked a bunch of 125-pounders out," the 34-year-old Warren said. "That doesn't scare me. But he's a wrestler, and he's as good as its gets. ... But he's Cuban, and I'm used to beating up the Cubans. He's an old man, and he's going to run into a younger one.

"He has short arms, and he's a juiced up Cuban, so if you get hit by one of those shots, it'll probably hurt. ... But if he wants to throw, he'll probably eat a few on the way in."

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 10:54 PM
m9

Awesome KO. Loved it.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 04:10 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
I really want to see Warren get upset, I can't stand the guy, it most likely isn't happening.
enjoy!

Man , Vila has had a tough life. Hope he wins the $250K.

Old
10-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Captain_Cunney

Man, my dreams came true seeing Warren get KO'd. I was really suprised to see him cry like a little bee otch after the loss, that's what you get for constantly running your mouth Baddest man on the planet (self-proposed).

The WW semi's go this weekend, should be some entertaining fights.

Old
10-09-2011, 09:49 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 210
Lima looked good last night.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 10:30 AM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Lima looked good last night.
Yeah, I was going to post the same thing.

Lima and Saunders should be great. Two of my favorite non-UFC fighters.

Old
10-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Yeah, I was going to post the same thing.

Lima and Saunders should be great. Two of my favorite non-UFC fighters.
Man, Ben should still be in the UFC.

Dude is the ****. You see he posts on Bloody Elbow now?

Lima is just a joy to watch, too. I'm gonna pull for Ben in this fight, but i wouldn't be mad if Lima won.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 02:56 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Man, Ben should still be in the UFC.

Dude is the ****. You see he posts on Bloody Elbow now?

Lima is just a joy to watch, too. I'm gonna pull for Ben in this fight, but i wouldn't be mad if Lima won.
Yeah, the UFC kind of f-ed Saunders over, but I think leaving the UFC might be the best thing that happened to him since he's gotten to develop his game and not fight guys like Jon Fitch.

And I'm with you on Saunders/Lima. Cheering for Saunders, and I'll be cheering for either guy that fights for the belt.

Old
10-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Captain_Cunney

Another solid night of fights. I'm very glad this one played out this way, we get the 2 best fighters in the final, something that doesn't always play out the way we want. Both of these guys should be in the UFC (back in Bens' case) in the not so distant future, IMO.

Also (I didn't know where to put it), the MFC signed a deal with TSN to show their events no more than 30 days after the live event. The MFC constantly puts on some of the most exciting cards, this is welcome news.

Old
10-11-2011, 11:30 AM
DeathFromAbove

Why was Ben cut so prematurely anyway? His fight with Fitch was a late notice favor to the UFC and then he lost to Hallman. It's not like he's a boring fighter either

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 07:46 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Don't forget that he got soundly beaten by Mike Swick as well. At the time he was cut he'd lost 3 of 4 including two consecutive fights, that's almost always a recipe for a pink slip. And frankly the loss to Hallman was pretty bad, he's huge compared to Hallman but still got taken down repeatedly and battered without offering much off of his back. There was really nothing wrong with cutting him and letting him get some more experience on smaller shows. If he keeps winning I'm sure he'll be back in the UFC soon enough.

As an aside, who was the genius at Bellator who decided to run their shows against the UFC on Saturday nights? They've had some good fights this season and would be getting way more buzz if they weren't constantly trying to compete against cards like Rampage vs Bones or Edgar vs Maynard. I've barely been able to follow this season because I'm usually watching UFC instead and can't be arsed to go back and look up the Bellator fights after they happen.

Old
10-12-2011, 09:37 AM
m9

The only night that MTV2 offered was Saturday night. Just a horrible decision.

If the rumors of a move to Spike are true, hopefully it ends up being a mid-week show.

Old
10-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
If the rumors of a move to Spike are true, hopefully it ends up being a mid-week show.
99% chance the move to Spike will not happen until 2013. Even though FX becomes the UFC's cable partner for live shows and new seasons of TUF in December, Spike still owns the rights to archive footage, i.e. episodes of Unleashed and old Fight Nights for 2012. While they own the rights to that material, they are not allowed to air any other MMA promotions. So while the UFC theoretically could buy back the usage rights from Spike, you can bet they'd rather keep Bellator on a crummy channel.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Captain_Cunney

The MW semi's go this weekend, it looks a little under-whelming. I'm pretty excited to see Rogers vs. Schlemenko, that should be a war.

Old
10-16-2011, 12:27 AM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanpuck33 View Post
99% chance the move to Spike will not happen until 2013. Even though FX becomes the UFC's cable partner for live shows and new seasons of TUF in December, Spike still owns the rights to archive footage, i.e. episodes of Unleashed and old Fight Nights for 2012. While they own the rights to that material, they are not allowed to air any other MMA promotions. So while the UFC theoretically could buy back the usage rights from Spike, you can bet they'd rather keep Bellator on a crummy channel.
My prediction is that the UFC is going to decide that bellator jumping to spike is going to be a lesser issue than being counter programmed by their own content.

The Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:36 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
My prediction is that the UFC is going to decide that bellator jumping to spike is going to be a lesser issue than being counter programmed by their own content.
Exactly.

Also for branding purposes, just getting their product off Spike and only through Fox/FX makes sense.

Old
10-16-2011, 01:41 PM
m9

As for the card last night, it was alright. Nice to see Vienna with a nice (albeit awkward looking) finish.

The way they use their champs is still so frustrating. The tourneys are fun for the other guys but I would much rather see the actual champions used properly. Get them all in the UFC, and kidnap over Mercedes to fill up that 3rd ring-girl chair while you're there.

Old
10-16-2011, 05:00 PM
The Rage

Quote:
As for the card last night, it was alright. Nice to see Vienna with a nice (albeit awkward looking) finish.

The way they use their champs is still so frustrating. The tourneys are fun for the other guys but I would much rather see the actual champions used properly. Get them all in the UFC, and kidnap over Mercedes to fill up that 3rd ring-girl chair while you're there.
For the Bellator system to work, they should have just had four weight classes with two tournaments per year each, leading to two annual title bouts. Alternatively, they could have had non tournament champions get title shots by winning title eliminators. Would doing so dilute the value of the tournaments? Perhaps, but super fights dilutes the values of the titles, which in turn devalues the tournaments anyway. My hope is that the UFC eventually buys belattor and runs it as a prospect testing system. That would work far better than having it be a stand alone organization with Champions being forced in to non title bouts to stay active.

Old
10-16-2011, 06:15 PM
m9

I am open to any alternative to what they are doing.

I would rather they just had tourney champs and no belt, and the guy who wins the tourney just goes back in every season. Make the final a 5 rounder.

People give the UFC **** for things, but how Bellator treats the fans and champions is garbage. The fans don't get to see the fights they want to see, and also they're on the worst possible day to see them anyway. The champions and tourney winners are locked into contracts when they win, and then fight no-namers for an unfair contract. Their 135 champ last night fought a guy who wouldn't even crack their 135 tourney in a non-title fight. What's the point? Fighters have already said they'd be better off financially losing in the tournament finals. How sad is that?

Old
10-16-2011, 11:21 PM
The Rage

Quote:
I am open to any alternative to what they are doing.

I would rather they just had tourney champs and no belt, and the guy who wins the tourney just goes back in every season. Make the final a 5 rounder.

People give the UFC **** for things, but how Bellator treats the fans and champions is garbage. The fans don't get to see the fights they want to see, and also they're on the worst possible day to see them anyway. The champions and tourney winners are locked into contracts when they win, and then fight no-namers for an unfair contract. Their 135 champ last night fought a guy who wouldn't even crack their 135 tourney in a non-title fight. What's the point? Fighters have already said they'd be better off financially losing in the tournament finals. How sad is that?
Yeah, having an incentive to lose is a very big problem. Without losing, guys like Askren are stuck in Bellator with an ever renewing contract, and as champions they make less than the tournament particiants. That's another reason why I hope the UFC eventually buys Bellator--a lot of these guys deserve to be in the Octagon making a decent to good living.

Old
10-22-2011, 10:19 PM
DeathFromAbove

Bull **** decision in the Galvao/Vila fight

Old
10-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
Bull **** decision in the Galvao/Vila fight
Why? I had Vila winning the first and second rounds. First could have been a 10-10, I guess.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:27 AM
m9

I had Galvao winning 29-28. Not a very good fight though, and actually a pretty boring card all-around IMO.

Old
10-23-2011, 07:36 AM
DeathFromAbove

Galvao won the 2nd and 3rd rounds