HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If We Make It Who Do You Want Us To Face In The Playoffs?

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want To Face In The Playoffs?
Philadelphia 12 3.95%
Boston 105 34.54%
Tampa Bay 55 18.09%
Pittsburgh 67 22.04%
Washington 13 4.28%
New York Rangers 13 4.28%
Carolina 2 0.66%
Buffalo 2 0.66%
Toronto 20 6.58%
Atlanta 8 2.63%
New Jersey 7 2.30%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2011, 09:52 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 500
I would love to see Washington first round or Boston we match up well against both. Mind you the Pens would be fun also.

Old
03-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Ra
satan is my homie

The way Philly is losing lately, I don't mind them...

Washington on the other end, I don't want to play them:

-First, they are on fire.
-Two, they pretty much have the same GF-GA then us, they are not a run and gun team anymore.
-Three, VENGEANCE!!
-Four, they went through a huge slump and got out of it this year. You learn a lot from this...

I think we can still beat them. Our goaltending > theirs and we saw their level of immaturity last year.

Old
03-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
sweep Boston.

Old
03-13-2011, 10:59 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

If it started today I would want Pittsburgh or TB.

Pittsburgh, we are completely in their heads from Cammy, Moen, Gomez, Subban, Price and others. They don't seem to have an answer. TB reminds me a lot of Washington of years past with their run & gun kind of offense they are playing and I just think we match up well against teams who are vulnerable defensively and in net.

I don't really want to face Boston just because we have so many times in the past and I'm just sick of seeing them, but frankly I have no problem with us matching up with them again. I don't see us having a problem taking them out.

Old
03-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Road Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I'm on the same page.

Old
03-13-2011, 11:25 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post

Pittsburgh, we are completely in their heads from Cammy, Moen, Gomez, Subban, Price and others. They don't seem to have an answer. TB reminds me a lot of Washington of years past with their run & gun kind of offense they are playing and I just think we match up well against teams who are vulnerable defensively and in net.

I don't really want to face Boston just because we have so many times in the past and I'm just sick of seeing them, but frankly I have no problem with us matching up with them again. I don't see us having a problem taking them out.
I was gonna post pretty much the same as this so thanks for saying it for me..

Now I wouldn't be worried about if the Habs could beat the Bruins because they have been proving they can on a regular basis.. It's just that I'm sick of the Bruins caveman approach to hockey in games involving the Habs lately when the Bruins go head hunting after the game is pretty much settled on the score sheet..

I'd rather play teams that will play hockey instead of a team that as the mentality that if we can't beat them playing hockey lets just beat them up..

Old
03-13-2011, 11:41 AM
RC51

What I want is for the flyers to meet the bruins in the first round in a 7 game series and with both side into a huge legal or illegal smash fight ramming players heads into turnbuckles and sending at least 10 to the hospital until next year. I want to be able to post messages to both boards slamming both teams that it's all good and no body should get suspended and it's all part of playoff hockey. I just want to see what 6ft 9 inches looks like laying flat on the ice out cold and with a broken neck, not dead, just a broken neck, I cant wait to hear Don Cherry tell the world he loves this kind of hockey and if you get hurt it's all part of playoff hockey.

Old
03-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Habitant le colon

LOL a lying on groun Chara post ... is really time of po ?!! let's the Hatry began.

Old
03-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
What I want is for the flyers to meet the bruins in the first round in a 7 game series and with both side into a huge legal or illegal smash fight ramming players heads into turnbuckles and sending at least 10 to the hospital until next year. I want to be able to post messages to both boards slamming both teams that it's all good and no body should get suspended and it's all part of playoff hockey. I just want to see what 6ft 9 inches looks like laying flat on the ice out cold and with a broken neck, not dead, just a broken neck, I cant wait to hear Don Cherry tell the world he loves this kind of hockey and if you get hurt it's all part of playoff hockey.
Better yet, let's pay Cherry to play a 'friendly' game of hockey and then break his neck, I wonder how he'll react then.

Old
03-13-2011, 12:15 PM
llamateizer

jinx thread ^^

dont care who we face...
but not the devils

Old
03-13-2011, 01:25 PM
One Trick Pony

Don't forget that Pittsburgh is the top hitting team of the league (I think?) and they have been one of the most dirty teams this season.

On the other hand you have TB who is a beast in power play, and us who are beasts at taking penalties. That's not a good combination. Imagine if Washington actually would've scored on their power plays last year?

Old
03-13-2011, 02:29 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Don't forget that Pittsburgh is the top hitting team of the league (I think?) and they have been one of the most dirty teams this season.

On the other hand you have TB who is a beast in power play, and us who are beasts at taking penalties. That's not a good combination. Imagine if Washington actually would've scored on their power plays last year?
TB look scary.
its the NYR who leads in hits
Pit is 2nd

Old
03-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

If Crosby is still out...Pittsburgh by a mile. As much as I'd love to take out Boston, as greasy as they are we'd end up with more guys injured. TB would be my 2nd choice, they are more or less a one line team and they give up a lot of goals...I think they are not as good as their record because their division is weak.

Old
03-16-2011, 07:22 PM
NHLcrazy

We absolutely have to catch and overtake Tampa bay for the 5th spot to face the Pens... Boston will likely finish 3rd and I don't feel it's a great matchup for us.

Tampa's last 12 games:

@MTL, @OTW, @CAR (2), @MIN, @CHI
vs FLA, vs ISL, vs OTW, vs PIT, vs CAR

I see them finishing 5-5-2 so with 99pts. We need to have 17pts in our last 12 games for 100pts... something like 8-3-1. It's going to be really hard.

Then, if we did beat the Pens, we'd likely face the Caps who I believe will finish first and we'll see the Bruins (#3) and Flyers (#2) outgoon and kill each other.... ohhh that would be sweet.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:41 PM
andy28

Not trying to start something here, but, given all the talk from some people that we would own the Bruins, I wonder if it's time to resurrect the old anti-jinx thread.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
If is long gone, were in for sure!

I almost just want to match up with Boston now to get it all over with. Could you imagine 1st game in Montreal the RCMP putting Chara into custody upon landing @ Dorval. Would be a historical playoffs!

Old
03-17-2011, 03:48 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
If is long gone, were in for sure!

I almost just want to match up with Boston now to get it all over with. Could you imagine 1st game in Montreal the RCMP putting Chara into custody upon landing @ Dorval. Would be a historical playoffs!
Arresting their top dman would look pretty loserific on our part. Not happening.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Rhiessan71
Just a Fool

Bruins for sure, knock them punks right the F out, laughing in their faces the whole time, especially Chara's.

Neither them or their fans want anything to do with the Habs come April, that's a fact!

Old
03-17-2011, 03:50 PM
usernam

If we face Boston, would the Habs be favorites or underdogs?

Old
03-17-2011, 03:52 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
If he face Boston, would the Habs be favorites or underdogs?
Despite the season series I think the Bruins would be heavily favored by most. They are considered a cup contender, for one. And they are much healthier than us.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:52 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
Bruins for sure, knock them punks right the F out, laughing in their faces the whole time, especially Chara's.

Neither them or their fans want anything to do with the Habs come April, that's a fact!
yeah its realy funny there is a thread like this on the bruins board 99% of them saying anyone but habs

not the habs!!

hahahahaha i want it so bad and i hope patch comes back and gets so many goals.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
Arresting their top dman would look pretty loserific on our part. Not happening.
It's a figure of speech on the Island this last week. But, we need to keep the pressure on him & make him very uncomfortable.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:58 PM
andy28

Quote:
It's a figure of speech on the Island this last week. But, we need to keep the pressure on him & make him very uncomfortable.
I'd prefer to just play. This issue could end up in the Habs heads just as much as the Bruins And we really need an anti-jinx thread bad right now.

Old
03-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
I'd prefer to just play. This issue could end up in the Habs heads just as much as the Bruins And we really need an anti-jinx thread bad right now.
I get your jist, but mind games are a very big part of major league sports, specially playoffs.

Old
03-17-2011, 04:03 PM
andy28

Quote:
I get your jist, but mind games are a very big part of major league sports, specially playoffs.
I think playing that one though has serious potential to backfire. Chara was not suspended, so that creates a lot of resentment. To keep the issue alive is not always a good thing. Resentment could end up throwing us way off like it did with the Canucks.

Last year the best mind games for us were the ones we did not play. Well Pleks kinda did, but honestly I think he just made a gaffe and was just giving his honest opinion as to why facing Washington was not necessarily a bad thing. But Ovechkin made his comments about Halak's hands. And Letang also had to eat his own words. Let the other guy try to initiate the mind games. A good comeback always trumps the initial insult.

Marchand is trying to play games. But not doing the same thing and just playing our game we can win. And Marchand puts all the pressure on himself after opening his mouth. In the end, he is more pissed off at us, for saying nothing back I bet.

Last edited by andy28: 03-17-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Closed Thread