HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XVII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2011, 05:28 PM
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

vCash: 500
Good for Boston, I hope they don't choke.

Old
04-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=360459

I'd love to see the headline if it was PK who did that.

Can't help but be bothered that yet again, a Bruins player acts like a **** and no one says anything. They are easily the most hypocritical team in the league. Lucic runs players left and right, backs down from tougher guy who want to fight and than whines like a ***** when anyone else does it. Chara, well muff said. Marchant takes runs and **** disturbs as a rookie but that's his role and he's applauded for it. PK does something and he's disrespectful, arrogant etc.

I can't wait to hear what that log codger Cherry will say considering it happened between his two old teams. Guaranteed he comes out with the ol' it was emotions and the poor kid feels bad about it so we should leave him alone.

I look forward to meeting them in the first round and improving on our all time playoff record against them
Looks like you missed this?

Quote:
To his credit, Marchand also accepts that what he did was being criticized as not being in the best taste.

"It was a little immature of me," Marchand told ESPN. "I shouldn't have done that. I got a little bit of an earful, but it won't happen again."
"Earful" = his coach let him have it. Marchand is a good player, and an agitator, but he's crossed the line a couple of times this year and has not been let off scott-free for doing so. Neither his coaches nor his teammates appreciate it, and they've let him know. He's young, and he's learning.

As for the Lucic complaints, man, that's getting old.

Old
04-02-2011, 08:26 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Dumbass Islanders.

Old
04-02-2011, 08:42 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Dumbass Islanders.
More pissed at Crapitals.

Old
04-02-2011, 08:52 PM
le_sean

Is it just me or is Reimer not that good? I mean he's decent, but he's not as good as the media makes him to be. Terrible rebound control, goes down real early. He's still young, but I don't think he's as special as some make him out to be.

Old
04-02-2011, 08:54 PM
sheed36

Just watch James Reimer be a flash in the pan and stink next year.. He's playing very good right now though.. Gotta give him that..

Old
04-02-2011, 08:55 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Is it just me or is Reimer not that good? I mean he's decent, but he's not as good as the media makes him to be. Terrible rebound control, goes down real early. He's still young, but I don't think he's as special as some make him out to be.
He is not as good as they make him out to be, but he is getting results...ya gotta give him his due...I wonder next year, with some expectations, if he will stand up to the pressure?

Old
04-02-2011, 08:57 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
He is not as good as they make him out to be, but he is getting results...ya gotta give him his due...I wonder next year, with some expectations, if he will stand up to the pressure?
Wins are what count, that's for sure, I just see glaring holes in his game. Kind of like when Emery went to the Cup Finals with the Sens. Everyone praised him, but if you watched closely, you could see there were real big weaknesses.

Old
04-02-2011, 09:06 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Wins are what count, that's for sure, I just see glaring holes in his game. Kind of like when Emery went to the Cup Finals with the Sens. Everyone praised him, but if you watched closely, you could see there were real big weaknesses.
I agree.

A lot of my friends whom are Leaf fans are drinking the Kool-Aid right now, just like they did with the J-S Giguere after he did well last season. Most of they're board was convinced they had a vastly superior goaltending situation than ours with a duo of Giguere-Gusto.

lol.

That's not to say Reimer might end up being a good-to-great goalie, he still may be... But it's early.

Old
04-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Just watch James Reimer be a flash in the pan and stink next year.. He's playing very good right now though.. Gotta give him that..
Wouldn't be surprised but I also think TO will sign a goalie or trade for one this off season

Old
04-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Teufelsdreck

Yeah Leafs! That Bruins pick (via Kessel) is getting lower and lower. Too bad the Canes won and the Sabres got a point.

Old
04-02-2011, 10:48 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Yeah Leafs! That Bruins pick (via Kessel) is getting lower and lower. Too bad the Canes won and the Sabres got a point.
Not really. It is still at 11, which it has been all week. It doesnt appear to be getting much worse. Food for thought.

Old
04-03-2011, 03:46 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

2 huge games today:

Rangers @ Flyers
Sabres @ Hurricanes

Bolded would be the teams I feel would be best if they won. No explanation needed for the Flyers obviously. I want the Hurricanes to win so we keep a comfortable lead on the 6th place and increases our odds to finish in that spot.

If my scenario happens this is what the standings would look like:

6. Montreal 91
7. Buffalo 88
8. Carolina 88
9. NY Rangers 87

Everyone with 3 games left.

Now the great news with that scenario is that we hold the tiebreaker on all of those teams. So even if they tie us after 82 games, we still hold the spot.

Basically, in that scenario, for the Hurricanes and/or Sabres to pass us, they would need to finish 4pts better than us in the last 3 games. Meaning if we win 1, they need to run the tables. If we get 3pts, they can't catch us. As for the Rangers, still using my scenario, they would need to 5pts better than us in the last 3 games. If we get 1pt, they need to run the table and we win one game, they can't catch us. I love those odds.

Knowing our luck, the Sabres will win in OT and the Rangers will win

Old
04-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
Not really. It is still at 11, which it has been all week. It doesnt appear to be getting much worse. Food for thought.
11th is better than them picking in the top 3 again

Closed Thread