Eastern Europe Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Kazakhstan

Vaidotas Rastenis

Old
03-06-2011, 10:53 PM
HalbertGil*
crab whom enjoy

vCash: 500
Vaidotas Rastenis

Does anyone have any information on Vaidotas Rastenis?
All I know about him is he is a 15 year old Lithuanian defense who represented Lithuania in the D1 WJC as a 15 year old.

HalbertGil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:09 AM
SvenskaRiga

Alright, he wasnt a very easy person to find. The IIHF list him as playing for Elektrēnu Enerģija however he isnt playing for their main club who plays in the Latvian league. He plays for Elektrėnų SCP in Centre Division Group A (highest level in Lithuania), as well he is listed in articles as playing for a club in the U-16 league. I cant find his stats on the NLRL/NVLRL website but I do know he scored a goal in his last match with Elektrėnų SCP.

I have a couple buddies in Lithuania who follow the NLRL, I will contact them and get back to you.

Edit: Found a few stats, 8 matches up with Elektrėnų SCP with average of 6 minutes and just the 1 point (1+0.) I cant find his U-16 stats but his last U-16 match he had a goal in a 9:2 win

Last edited by SvenskaRiga: 03-07-2011 at 12:18 AM.
SvenskaRiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 02:52 AM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
at the U20 D1 level, it is very common for some nations to ice 16 year olds. There were seven players on that Lithuanian team that were born in 1994, no wonder they were relegated

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 05:59 AM
HalbertGil*
crab whom enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
Alright, he wasnt a very easy person to find. The IIHF list him as playing for Elektrēnu Enerģija however he isnt playing for their main club who plays in the Latvian league. He plays for Elektrėnų SCP in Centre Division Group A (highest level in Lithuania), as well he is listed in articles as playing for a club in the U-16 league. I cant find his stats on the NLRL/NVLRL website but I do know he scored a goal in his last match with Elektrėnų SCP.

I have a couple buddies in Lithuania who follow the NLRL, I will contact them and get back to you.

Edit: Found a few stats, 8 matches up with Elektrėnų SCP with average of 6 minutes and just the 1 point (1+0.) I cant find his U-16 stats but his last U-16 match he had a goal in a 9:2 win
Thanks!

Old
03-07-2011, 09:31 AM
SvenskaRiga

Ok, my buddies got back to me, he plays in U-16 for COWI and in 8 matches with them has 10 points (3+7) with 6 penalty minutes. He isnt a real big kid right now standing 184cm, 78kg but of course he will grow, and has somewhat two different styles depending on the level he plays at. U-16 he takes more risks, a little more physical, somewhat of an offensive defencemen but good puck mover. On the men's level he takes less risks and proves his age a little more. Still needs to work on his skating, bulk up some more but has good vision, discipline and puck mover.

If he is able to make it into the Latvian league I could watch him myself and give you way more information but hopefully this is good for you.
Is there any specific reason you are interested in Rastenis or just he is 15 playing in Div. I?

SvenskaRiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 03:01 PM
HalbertGil*
crab whom enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
Ok, my buddies got back to me, he plays in U-16 for COWI and in 8 matches with them has 10 points (3+7) with 6 penalty minutes. He isnt a real big kid right now standing 184cm, 78kg but of course he will grow, and has somewhat two different styles depending on the level he plays at. U-16 he takes more risks, a little more physical, somewhat of an offensive defencemen but good puck mover. On the men's level he takes less risks and proves his age a little more. Still needs to work on his skating, bulk up some more but has good vision, discipline and puck mover.

If he is able to make it into the Latvian league I could watch him myself and give you way more information but hopefully this is good for you.
Is there any specific reason you are interested in Rastenis or just he is 15 playing in Div. I?
Thanks for all of the information, if he does play in the Latvian league eventually, it'd be neat if you could give me more info.
But yeah, the reason I was interested in Rastenis is because of a 15 year old on a Div. 1 WJC team.