HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congrats to Cory Schneider for First Career Hat Trick!

Old
03-07-2011, 10:50 PM
ProstheticConscience
WWIII

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus74 View Post
Leaf fan.. I come in peace..

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I have a couple of questions about Schnieder...

1) How many starts do you think he'll get down the stretch? Will they rest Lou a bit more before the playoffs, or will they try and get Lou all of the starts?

2) Obv you guys are "married" to Lou and Schnieder has a limited role/future with the Nucks... would you trade him for a late first? Goalies seems to have less value around the league.. a late first seems reasonable to me, but people always over-rate their own players...
1) Ditto for the other guys.

2) There's really no point of unloading him in a goalie market this soft when he's doing great work exactly where he is. That being said, unless something horrible happens to Luongo, everyone knows he'll have to go somewhere else to be a starter in the next few seasons. Right now though, his value is obviously increasing so it's much better for the team to keep him until maybe the trade deadline next year if Lack in Manitoba is ready for the backup gig with the big club, IMHO. I just hope his agent preaches patience.

And when he retires from hockey, I really hope the Canucks can get his as their new colour commentator after Garrett finally gets wheeled off to the loony bin. He's more articulate, intelligent and insightful than 99.9% of hockey players I've ever heard speak.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 11:07 PM
PensFan6687

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slager View Post

Impressive feat for a goalie!
Damn, that is most funny. Can I borrow this for another forum?

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:08 AM
deckercky

vCash: 500
Right now, at 1M for an incredible backup, he's better than what the Canucks will get for him. Unless the market for goalies changes, I don't see him being paid any more than Quick and Howard level at around 2M per year (I consider goalies untested until they've been a starter for a year which lets shooters get a handle on their tendencies).

If we got Schneider to sign for another 2-3 years at 2M, would it be worth keeping him as backup (making Luongo + Schneider a cap hit of 7.3M)?

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 01:17 AM
ProstheticConscience
WWIII

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
Right now, at 1M for an incredible backup, he's better than what the Canucks will get for him. Unless the market for goalies changes, I don't see him being paid any more than Quick and Howard level at around 2M per year (I consider goalies untested until they've been a starter for a year which lets shooters get a handle on their tendencies).

If we got Schneider to sign for another 2-3 years at 2M, would it be worth keeping him as backup (making Luongo + Schneider a cap hit of 7.3M)?
Yes please.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 02:05 AM
Intoewsables

vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
Damn, that is most funny. Can I borrow this for another forum?
Can't see why not.

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote