HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ultimate Canucks line up

Old
10-10-2011, 08:19 PM
canucksPK

vCash: 500
Ultimate Canucks line up

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows (Classic)
Higgins-Kesler-Raymond (Versatile second line, could be used as secondary checking line)
Lapierre-Malholtra-Hansen (Shut down/Checking)
Sturm-Hodgson-Samuelsson (labelled as 4th line.... but really like a back up second line, def a scoring line)

Edler-Salo
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Ballard-Tanev

Schneider (kinda want him to take over this year, luongo frustrates me too much with his meltdowns)
Luongo

What is your ultimate canucks line up?

canucksPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 08:23 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Well since we're starting Schneider over Luongo for most games why not go all out?

Burrows-Kesler-Hodgson
Jensen-Schroeder-Rodin
Higgins-Malhotra-Hansen
Archibald-Lapierre-Sweatt

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Sauve
Ballard-Tanev

Schneider
Lack

am I doing it right?

10-10-2011, 09:06 PM
RJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksPK View Post
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows (Classic)
Higgins-Kesler-Raymond (Versatile second line, could be used as secondary checking line)
Lapierre-Malholtra-Hansen (Shut down/Checking)
Sturm-Hodgson-Samuelsson (labelled as 4th line.... but really like a back up second line, def a scoring line)

Edler-Salo
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Ballard-Tanev

Schneider (kinda want him to take over this year, luongo frustrates me too much with his meltdowns)
Luongo

What is your ultimate canucks line up?
Wheres the grit? Softest lineup in the league. Have you not learned your lesson?

RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 09:06 PM
turkulad

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hodgson
Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen
Samuelsson - Malhotra - Sturm

Edler - Salo
Bieksa - Hamhuis
Ballard - Tanev

Luongo
Schneider

.. yeah, I'm not gonna over-do it.

turkulad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:24 AM
canucksPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Wheres the grit? Softest lineup in the league. Have you not learned your lesson?
skilled players>gritty players
gritty skilled players>skilled players

canucksPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 11:04 AM
GoTeamDom

Sedin Sedin Samuelsson
Burrows Hodgson Kesler (basically a mirror of the 1st line)
Higgins Lapierre Hansen (arguably the most consistent line during the playoffs. Not sure why they are split up)
Volpatti/Sturm Malholtra Weise

2-3
23-6
4-8

Last edited by GoTeamDom: 10-11-2011 at 12:02 PM.
GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 11:27 AM
ahmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post
Sedin Sedin Samuelsson
Burrows Hodgson Kesler (basically a mirror of the 1st line)
Higgins Lapierre Hansen (arguably the most consistent line during the playoffs. Not sure why they are split up)
Volpatti/Sturm Malholtra Weise

2-3
23-6
4-8

That top 9 is exactly I how I would do it too.

ahmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Shareefruck

I would want to try

Waived: Sturm (assuming he'd still play this way by the time we're healthy)

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Malhotra - Hansen
Pinizotto - Lapierre - Weise (I kind of think Lapierre makes the 4th line alot better than Manny would)
Samuelsson (he likes being inconsistent so much, don't play him until 10 games before the playoffs-- Hopefully he tells us to go **** ourselves)

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Tanev
Alberts
Rome

Schneider (I'm actually not convinced about this, but I would give Schneider every opportunity to prove us wrong in the regular season)
Luongo

Edit: I'm loving that Burrows-Kesler-Hodgson/Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen lineup though (I think Raymond deserves a decent spot on the team, though-- even if frustrating offensively he would be a stellar 3rd liner), although I'm not convinced Samuelsson is still at the point where he and Burrows would be a wash with the Sedins. But if trends continue like they have, I would probably switch to your lineup in the playoffs.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 10-11-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 01:09 PM
GoTeamDom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Edit: I'm loving that Burrows-Kesler-Hodgson/Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen lineup though (I think Raymond deserves a decent spot on the team, though-- even if frustrating offensively he would be a stellar 3rd liner), although I'm not convinced Samuelsson is still at the point where he and Burrows would be a wash with the Sedins. But if trends continue like they have, I would probably switch to your lineup in the playoffs.
The point is not that Sedins-Samuelsson would be a wash as Sedins-Burrows. It will be markedly less productive. But Henrik and Daniel have proven time and time again that they can play with anybody and would still generate ppg numbers especially w PP time.

Moving Burrows back down with Kesler is something that AV is hesitant to do for some reason. These two have proven chemistry and all three players on this line will win puck battles. With Kesler and Burrows on Hodgson's line, he would be the 3rd most important forward for the opposition to check, but at the same time, he is arguably the most skilled. I'm not one to throw hockey buzz words around (intangeables! hockey sense! elite 3rd liner!) but Hodgson has amazing vision and awareness on the ice, second only to Henrik if that.

Having Hodgson paired with two top players gives him passing options to proven scorers and opens up room for himself, not to mention increases his own ice time to about 15-18 mins a game. I would not be surprised to see Hodgson score 25g30a if he were put in this position. You'd have 2 deadly scoring lines, a great 2-way line and a 4th line centre actually worth a damn. If the need arises you can still put together a shutdown line if you need

The 3rd line, each player has the ability to score 15 goals, and the 4th line is what it is. Give Malholtra key draws and PK time and move guys up and down the lineup as you see fit.

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:18 PM
FAMOUSfin

sedin - sedin - burrows
higgins - kesler - hansen
raymond/sturm - hodgson - samuelsson
malhottra - lapierre - weise

opting to put the team's 3 strongest shooters (danny, kes, sammy) on 3 separate lines can get tricky.

FAMOUSfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post
The point is not that Sedins-Samuelsson would be a wash as Sedins-Burrows. It will be markedly less productive. But Henrik and Daniel have proven time and time again that they can play with anybody and would still generate ppg numbers especially w PP time.

Moving Burrows back down with Kesler is something that AV is hesitant to do for some reason. These two have proven chemistry and all three players on this line will win puck battles. With Kesler and Burrows on Hodgson's line, he would be the 3rd most important forward for the opposition to check, but at the same time, he is arguably the most skilled. I'm not one to throw hockey buzz words around (intangeables! hockey sense! elite 3rd liner!) but Hodgson has amazing vision and awareness on the ice, second only to Henrik if that.

Having Hodgson paired with two top players gives him passing options to proven scorers and opens up room for himself, not to mention increases his own ice time to about 15-18 mins a game. I would not be surprised to see Hodgson score 25g30a if he were put in this position. You'd have 2 deadly scoring lines, a great 2-way line and a 4th line centre actually worth a damn. If the need arises you can still put together a shutdown line if you need

The 3rd line, each player has the ability to score 15 goals, and the 4th line is what it is. Give Malholtra key draws and PK time and move guys up and down the lineup as you see fit.
I like this idea if Samuelsson can be relied upon.

I also would love to see the poor-man's version of that though (Hansen instead of Burrows)-- If Raymond wasn't such a puckhog he'd be an even better choice.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Hansen - Kesler - Hodgson
Higgins - Malhotra - Raymond
Pinizotto/Weise - Lapierre - Samuelsson/Pinizotto/Weise

It sort of works out as well as possible for everybody.

- Sedins get Burrows, Burrows get Sedins
- Kesler gets exactly what he needs to thrive, guys who will get him the puck in scoring areas, ample puck support in the corners, possession, a guy who he has chemistry with and will be flying all over the ice stealing pucks with (Hansen), and a guy who will always be open, unchecked (probably) in Hodgson (who's probably a smarter player than Kesler and has a great shot).
- Hodgson has two guys who do all the work for him-- all he has to do is provide a bit of support and float around to cash in his lack of speed/strength isn't all that important on this line.
- Hansen is put in the best position possible to blossom, yet isn't totally relied on to be as productive as the other two. It's almost like Hansen and Hodgson combine as a second Kesler for Kesler to play with.
- Malhotra's new third line is every bit as good defensively as it was before, and he no longer even has to handle the puck or worry about disrupting offense because Raymond is doing it all himself. With Raymond and Higgins' great puck possession and Malhotra constantly back for D support and winning faceoffs, the ice should be constantly tilted in the right end (whether they can cash in or not)
- Raymond doesn't really have to worry about hogging the puck because neither of the other two are going to be making pretty passing plays anyways-- The offensive attack will probably consist of Raymond trying something, scramble for the puck for rebounds, Higgins trying something, scramble for the puck for rebounds, etc.
- Your fourth line is still as good as its ever been, is either exactly what AV wants, or since Lapierre seems to be able to single-handedly do the heavy lifting on the 4th line, Samuelsson and/or Sturm will probably be able to get away with being lazy and just floating in the offensive end.
- Fantastic defensive presence throughout the lineup, probably more than one or two capable of shutting down the opposition. Burrow still available to babysit the Sedins defensively.
- As physically well-balanced as we're going to get, and each line is capable of scoring/chipping in.
- Amazing faceoff team once again.

I don't think the second line would be nearly as good as if Burrows were on it, but I think Hansen is just enough of a substitute to justify keeping him with the twins.

And your PP would be

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler
Edler - Ballard/Samuelsson (I actually think Ballard is a better fit, if he could keep his head on straight-- Helps Edler as well, who seems to be struggling)

Raymond - Hodgson - Burrows/Higgins
Hamhuis - Salo

I always have had this crazy idea that The Sedins were spoiled defensively from playing with Burrows, and are much stronger defensive players when with Samuelsson, though.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 10-11-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Diamonddog01

All interesting line-ups, here's mine.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

why mess with success? Samuelsson has not looked great and has only really meshed with the twins for a 10 game span or so, I'll keep one of the best lines in the league intact.

I think this line could work very well. Higgins and Kesler established a bit of chemistry last season, and their speed offsets Hodgson's lack of. Hodgson can play along the boards by the goalline, attempting to find Kesler or Higgins in front of the net.

Malhotra and Hansen play well together. Raymond plays a great two-way game, and I'd like to see what this line could do based on speed alone.

Oreo - Lapierre - Neil

Oreo is meh - I suppose you could replace him with Weiss or Pini. Neil is what this team is lacking right now, a Thornton-esque 4th liner that can play. Waive Sturm and so if Ottawa is interested in moving him.

Defense and goal the same.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Oreo - Lapierre - Neil

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Tanev

Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Sedin - Sedin - Linden
Naslund - Kesler - Bertuzzi
Burrows - Smyl - Satan
Megatron - Toews - Crosby

Luongo - Mario
Sonic the Hedgehog - Jack Bauer
Anderson Cooper - a polar bear

a cactus
Link from the Legend of Zelda

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 05:44 AM
jigsaw99

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
why play grit when you dont have grit? as in why play a rough game when you clearly don't have a rough team. Learn from Detriot.

jigsaw99 is offline   Reply With Quote