HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bulldogs Clear Day Roster Announced

Old
03-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Bacchus1

vCash: 500
Bulldogs Clear Day Roster Announced

http://theahl.com/2011-clear-day-lis...ounced-p169897

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...ar-day-roster_

Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:22 AM
TinordiandSubban

How does the playoff seedings work in the AHL? Is it top 4 in division or top 8 in the conference...

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

white was sent down again?

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:35 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
white was sent down again?
No but he was put on the roster so that if he does get sent down, he can play.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:39 AM
ScopeHockey

White's inclusion on this list suggests that when Darche returns, White will be back with the Dogs.

ScopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 11:25 AM
neofury*

Of course, Darche > White at this point, it's really a no-brainer.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

It seems like the only players they left off the list are Mayer, Bishop and the ECHLers (Bisaillon and Urquhart)

I'm surprised they picked Masse over Bishop but for the rest, there is no surprise.

I have a question though, does this mean that MacIntyre has to play all the games until Sanford comes back?

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 11:41 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
It seems like the only players they left off the list are Mayer, Bishop and the ECHLers (Bisaillon and Urquhart)

I'm surprised they picked Masse over Bishop but for the rest, there is no surprise.

I have a question though, does this mean that MacIntyre has to play all the games until Sanford comes back?
No, Mayer can play as long as Sanford is injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
How does the playoff seedings work in the AHL? Is it top 4 in division or top 8 in the conference...
top 4 but there's a crossover rule in effect so the 4th team must be better then the other divisions 5th team. Very tight race.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

No Bishop....not that it's surprising really. Not our greatest NCAA signing to say the least.

As far as the NCAA guys that could join the team right after, I would go as far as to think that a guy like Pateryn should be signed and join the Dogs. Might not end up playing, but I will believe that his days in the NCAA are over. Stejskal's days are definately over in the NCAA and I believe we should sign.

While Patrick Johnson's day in the NCAA is over, I don't see us signing him whatsoever.

But if we think we have some D's restructuration in Montreal, we will have some in Hamilton as well. Will Henry want to be back or will he think he could have a shot elsewhere? Petruic...that's not "return" material. Pretty sure Carle will ask or he will be gone and maybe during the draft so we'd have a pick. Klubertanz, well I wouldn't have a problem keeping. Pretty sure Urquhart should not be Hamilton material. Nash, well he's a keeper, being a NHL callup from time to time. St-Denis also should be a keeper but he's not exactly untouchable.

So there's some tweeking to do. Might as well try some of our prospects along the way. Unless we sign other UFA's or junior kids that their Junior or College years are done like Brendan Nash.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
No Bishop....not that it's surprising really. Not our greatest NCAA signing to say the least.

As far as the NCAA guys that could join the team right after, I would go as far as to think that a guy like Pateryn should be signed and join the Dogs. Might not end up playing, but I will believe that his days in the NCAA are over. Stejskal's days are definately over in the NCAA and I believe we should sign.

While Patrick Johnson's day in the NCAA is over, I don't see us signing him whatsoever.

But if we think we have some D's restructuration in Montreal, we will have some in Hamilton as well. Will Henry want to be back or will he think he could have a shot elsewhere? Petruic...that's not "return" material. Pretty sure Carle will ask or he will be gone and maybe during the draft so we'd have a pick. Klubertanz, well I wouldn't have a problem keeping. Pretty sure Urquhart should not be Hamilton material. Nash, well he's a keeper, being a NHL callup from time to time. St-Denis also should be a keeper but he's not exactly untouchable.

So there's some tweeking to do. Might as well try some of our prospects along the way. Unless we sign other UFA's or junior kids that their Junior or College years are done like Brendan Nash.
I like what I've seen from Bishop, not sure why the Randy's like Schultz more, especially when we have Bonneau as a regular, so 2/3 rd's of our 4th line has a grand total of 1 point this year, on a team that struggles to score.

Pateryn I expect him to be back at Michigan for his senior year unless they win a national title. Either way, unless Michigan falls apart this weekend, they should easily be frozen four bound and could go all the way.

Stejskal I assume Dartmouth won't be frozen four bound so we'll have to see how they fair in the playoffs as they enter this weekend as one of the bubble teams for the frozen fours. I hope they sign him at some point.

Henry is under contract for next year. St-Denis is easily one of the top defensmen in Hamilton, has been really solid for them this year especially in his own end, he's a must to bring back. Klubertanz I don't know what he will want to do as I am sure he can make a lot more if he opts to go back to the Euro leagues but has really improved as the season has wore on, hope he's back. Will be interesting to see what happens with Carle.

Old
03-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I like what I've seen from Bishop, not sure why the Randy's like Schultz more, especially when we have Bonneau as a regular, so 2/3 rd's of our 4th line has a grand total of 1 point this year, on a team that struggles to score.

Pateryn I expect him to be back at Michigan for his senior year unless they win a national title. Either way, unless Michigan falls apart this weekend, they should easily be frozen four bound and could go all the way.

Stejskal I assume Dartmouth won't be frozen four bound so we'll have to see how they fair in the playoffs as they enter this weekend as one of the bubble teams for the frozen fours. I hope they sign him at some point.

Henry is under contract for next year. St-Denis is easily one of the top defensmen in Hamilton, has been really solid for them this year especially in his own end, he's a must to bring back. Klubertanz I don't know what he will want to do as I am sure he can make a lot more if he opts to go back to the Euro leagues but has really improved as the season has wore on, hope he's back. Will be interesting to see what happens with Carle.
I kept mentioning how I would have send Schultz in the ECHL...but since it wasn't done already, they clearly prefer giving him some experience in the AHL. I missed that for Henry. You've seen more games that I did so I will obviously believe you for St-Denis. The games I saw, he was fine but didn't think he was THAT key. And I guess you'll right about Pateryn...but I just believe he's ready. He will never amount to anything offensively, but his body is ready....remains to be seen if his mind is....But it's possible he plays a key role in his senior year as well. Geez, the Habs might even not be interested in both of those guys in the end. Was surprised we didn't sign Gleed, Paquet and Korpikari. So I would be dissapointed but not surprised if we happen to let go both of these guys...

Old
03-08-2011, 12:11 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Any word on Sandford and a return date?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 01:01 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Schultz is there because he is part of the Halak deal and PG wants him there. Bishop may not be the most skilled but he's way better than Schultz overall. Another decision made by someone looking out for his reputation and not the teams interest. We don't need both Schultz and Bonneau in the playoffs.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 01:07 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Schultz is there because he is part of the Halak deal and PG wants him there. Bishop may not be the most skilled but he's way better than Schultz overall. Another decision made by someone looking out for his reputation and not the teams interest. We don't need both Schultz and Bonneau in the playoffs.
You know that the AHL is a developmental league right? We use it primarily to season our young guys and they likely want schultz playing against tougher competition for those reasons. You really think that PG is so worried that he'd change his plans for fear of a media reaction to a player (whom 99% don't even know) being sent to the ECHL?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 01:17 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You know that the AHL is a developmental league right? We use it primarily to season our young guys and they likely want schultz playing against tougher competition for those reasons. You really think that PG is so worried that he'd change his plans for fear of a media reaction to a player (whom 99% don't even know) being sent to the ECHL?
Yes it is a development league and I think Bishop has more chance to develop into something as opposed to Schultz who hasd trouble keeping up in the AHL. As for PG being worried, I doubt he is, but this guy was part of the package for an NHL goalie and he looks better on the clear day roster than not. Let's remember the unknown Bishop has been better than the unknown Schultz whenever he's played.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:

While Patrick Johnson's day in the NCAA is over, I don't see us signing him whatsoever. .
I thought that Bishop was a better signing than Masse. Bishop is an energy player that plays with an edge while Masse is a scoring forward that ain't even able to score at the ECHL level.

Quote:

Hamilton's defence is clearly a big question mark for next season.

The only players under contract are Henry and Nash. Stejskal is probably the only player ready to make the jump since all the others prospects are other too young or they still have NCAA eligibility.

If I was Gauthier, this is what I would do :
-Sign UFA Mathieu Roy
-Re-sign RFA Mathieu Carle (It would be his last chance with the organization. He would still be 9th-10th or even 8th on the depth chart, it's not like he would have a much better chance with another team)
-Keep St-Denis and Klubertanz for another year
-Sign an AHL filler (keep Petruic or sign someone else)
-Sign one or two NCAA/CHL UFA

The defense would look like this :
Carle-Nash
Roy-Henry
Klubertanz-St.Denis
Stejskal/UFA

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 01:23 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Yes it is a development league and I think Bishop has more chance to develop into something as opposed to Schultz who hasd trouble keeping up in the AHL. As for PG being worried, I doubt he is, but this guy was part of the package for an NHL goalie and he looks better on the clear day roster than not. Let's remember the unknown Bishop has been better than the unknown Schultz whenever he's played.
Bishop hasn't done anything and neither has schultz. Sure bishop has gotten a whopping 6 points in 26 games to schultz even worse 0 points in 34, but the problem is bishop is 2 1/2 years older than schultz and schultz projects to fill a need on a team, whereas bishop... not so much. Guys who play with an edge or who were tough guys in junior usually have a hard time transitioning to the pros as they're not a big fish in a small pond anymore.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 01:32 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Being part of the trade package doesn't mean squat. Eller was the 'centre' piece (and the whole piece tbh). A young disciplined well-sized centre with tons of potential. Sounds like a fair enough trade to not even think about Schultz. PG probably just wanted to beef up the Dogs' roster and the Blues didn't mind rounding out the package they sent.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 02:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I kept mentioning how I would have send Schultz in the ECHL...but since it wasn't done already, they clearly prefer giving him some experience in the AHL. I missed that for Henry. You've seen more games that I did so I will obviously believe you for St-Denis. The games I saw, he was fine but didn't think he was THAT key. And I guess you'll right about Pateryn...but I just believe he's ready. He will never amount to anything offensively, but his body is ready....remains to be seen if his mind is....But it's possible he plays a key role in his senior year as well. Geez, the Habs might even not be interested in both of those guys in the end. Was surprised we didn't sign Gleed, Paquet and Korpikari. So I would be dissapointed but not surprised if we happen to let go both of these guys...
St-Denis has been really good for the Dogs this year, I know that last year Boucher spoke highly of him but this year he's been even better. Granted his lack of size hurts but he is a key part of the defense (I'd say he's the Dogs best D in his own end)

Pateryn could turn pro but I look at it as what would another year at Michigan due for his career as he has been on the 3rd pairing all year and it's his first as an every day player, so next year he should see a bigger role. Much like Kristo I don't mind either way, turn pro or don't, since they are at top programs that should be good again (though we'll have to see who Michigan will lose)

We did sign Gleed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Any word on Sandford and a return date?
I haven't heard anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Bishop hasn't done anything and neither has schultz. Sure bishop has gotten a whopping 6 points in 26 games to schultz even worse 0 points in 34, but the problem is bishop is 2 1/2 years older than schultz and schultz projects to fill a need on a team, whereas bishop... not so much. Guys who play with an edge or who were tough guys in junior usually have a hard time transitioning to the pros as they're not a big fish in a small pond anymore.
Bishop's looked good though, as has Masse, while Schultz has looked lost most of the time. Personally I'd rather see Bishop playing over Schultz as he is much quicker and has shown some hands, since we have Bonneau to keep opposing player honest.

Old
03-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Hank Scorpio

Forgive my ignorance but what is Clear Day? I assume it is the day you have to finalize your roster or at least players who can play between now and the end of the season but it seems a little more complex than that.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 06:57 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Forgive my ignorance but what is Clear Day? I assume it is the day you have to finalize your roster or at least players who can play between now and the end of the season but it seems a little more complex than that.
Basically, it's to limit the numbers of full time young NHL players that can be sent down in the AHL after their NHL teams didn't make the playoffs or was eliminated quickly.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
We did sign Gleed.
Did we? Or was it the Dogs who signed him?

Old
03-08-2011, 07:29 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Did we? Or was it the Dogs who signed him?
Only AHL contract with the Bulldogs.

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Basically, it's to limit the numbers of full time young NHL players that can be sent down in the AHL after their NHL teams didn't make the playoffs or was eliminated quickly.
Thanks for clarifying.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote