HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

why so much love for prucha?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2004, 03:14 PM
  #26
Davisian
Registered User
 
Davisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 6,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
in Pardubice (pronounced Par-doo-bizzah)

Thanksizzah fo' da info-sizzle on pruchizzah.


I know that's how the kids are talking these days, but et tu Rodent??!!

Davisian is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 03:23 PM
  #27
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Sorry for the delay. Holiday weekend, you know.

Anyway, here's what happened in Pardubice (pronounced Par-doo-bizzah)

This is a team with a lot of high-paid veterans. Three kids: Kolar, Koukal and Prucha were playing for the Pardubice junior team when the big club sustained some injuries. These three kids were brought up in December? (November?) to form a "kid line", a fourth line. They were definitely an "energy" line. In fact so much energy that the fans loved these kids and would chant whenever these reckless maniacs were on the ice. Tenacious forechecking, they were known for.

But they were on a team with veterans who demanded (and got) a lot of ice time. So Prucha's numbers sort of reflect not getting the minutes you'd expect from having seen him in the Worlds and the Extraliga Playoffs.... up to a point. Prucha did play alongside Dopi. Here's the story:

Koukal got injured and Prucha got moved up to play left wing with Jiri Dopita. The rest is history. Prucha exploded onto the Czech scene with his scoring during the ExtraLiga playoffs and based upon that, he was selected to the National Team for the WCs in Prague's brand new Sazka Arena. I wrote about the rest. JJ loves this kid.
Thanks for the info. Always appreciated! Will be interesting to follow Prucha next season. Allot of players have already returned to Europe and if there is a strike tournaments like Karjala Cup, Baltica & SHG are going to be great! =)

Interesting pice on Holik selling his house. But I doubt he is moving anywhere. If you know whats going on in the realestate biz you can pick up a rumor or two. Heard in febuary that Salo had bougth a house in Ornskoldsvik(home town of MoDo). For Salo its a violation of his contract if he even talks with a team in Europe before his contract is up so you wonder why he bougth a house in 400 miles from his old home... It didn´t excatly came as suprise when he recently sign with MoDo. I am willing to bet that both Salo and Forberg has signed contracts with MoDo long before they where allowed to talk with teams in europe...

Ola is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 04:27 PM
  #28
Rodent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: On your dinner plate
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Thanksizzah fo' da info-sizzle on pruchizzah.

I know that's how the kids are talking these days, but et tu Rodent??!!

Rodent is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 04:50 PM
  #29
Rodent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: On your dinner plate
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Heard in febuary that Salo had bougth a house in Ornskoldsvik(home town of MoDo). For Salo its a violation of his contract if he even talks with a team in Europe before his contract is up so you wonder why he bougth a house in 400 miles from his old home... It didn´t excatly came as suprise when he recently sign with MoDo. I am willing to bet that both Salo and Forberg has signed contracts with MoDo long before they where allowed to talk with teams in europe...
If the issue is whether Forsberg was technically still under contract when he potentially violated his contract in May or June, I suspect that a judge would toss any case brought by Lacroix or the league against Forsberg because even though the contract sort of "technically" extended beyond the day the Avs were eliminated (I think that's how it goes) from a practical standpoint, both parties had concluded their respective obligations. Specifically:

Forsberg completed his playing service.

Colorado completed their payments.

So what "harm" could Colorado or the NHL claim by Peter doing what you say? What reparations or "making whole" could Colorado or the NHL insist upon?

Perhaps The Avs have some sort of clause whereby Peter must attend some promotional functions as part of his contract. As long as he fulfills any such obligations, I can't imagine he's got anything to worry about for having talked to Modo prematurely.

There is another argument a defense lawyer could take. And I've mentioned this in a previous rant many months ago.

The threat of a labor lockout by management, once announced, opens the door to all sorts of mitigating circumstances for players under contract to begin preparations for alternative employment. Again, I am not a lawyer. But from what I've read about how these things play out in arbitration, it says to me that the mere threat of a lockout by management (once communicated to labor) places management in a weaker position.

I cannot imagine a judge in good faith taking players to task for preparing to work elsewhere before their current contracts are officially turned off, as long as said players fulfill their playing and promotional obligations.

Had you said that Forsberg began playing for Modo, then there's a problem. But simply signing with Modo early doesn't strike me as anything for him to worry about.

And you can bet that he wouldn't have done it unless his lawyer agreed that it wasn't going to come back to bite him in the buttocks.

Who knows? Maybe he just doesn't give a hoot because he doesn't intend to return to the NHL no matter what. What's the league gonna do? Sue him for not playing when the Avs were already eliminated from the playoffs?

As Joey Tribiani would say:

It's a moo point.


Last edited by Rodent: 07-06-2004 at 04:55 PM.
Rodent is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 05:05 PM
  #30
Potted Plant
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Rodent, to put your post in simple terms, Forsberg may have breached his contract, but there are no damages. Therefore, there is nothing to sue over. You can't sue for specific performance because that issue is moot. The contract is now concluded and performance would be minimal.

Potted Plant is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 05:34 PM
  #31
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,930
vCash: 500
Rodent- Ok, what I ment was that I found out that he was moving to MoDo long before it was even rumored in the media. (And Forsberg and Salo returning to Sweden is the biggest hockey news ever here in sweden. Its like if Gretzky would have been playing hockey on the moon for 12 years and then returned to canada... =)) Just because a friend of a friends parent happened to see the name Salo on a electrical bill...

Ola is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 06:59 PM
  #32
Rodent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: On your dinner plate
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Rodent, to put your post in simple terms, Forsberg may have breached his contract, but there are no damages. Therefore, there is nothing to sue over. You can't sue for specific performance because that issue is moot. The contract is now concluded and performance would be minimal.
Bird pays me by the column-inch

Rodent is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 07:01 PM
  #33
Rodent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: On your dinner plate
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Rodent- Ok, what I ment was that I found out that he was moving to MoDo long before it was even rumored in the media. (And Forsberg and Salo returning to Sweden is the biggest hockey news ever here in sweden. Its like if Gretzky would have been playing hockey on the moon for 12 years and then returned to canada... =)) Just because a friend of a friends parent happened to see the name Salo on a electrical bill...
So are you saying that all Swedes are nosey people?

Rodent is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.