HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston @ Montreal 730PM TSN-HABS/RDS/NESN

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
clutchandgrab

vCash: 500
Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but I saw some folks talking about Thomas not playing tonight. Lineup hasn't been confirmed, and Rask left practice early today after taking a shot off the chest. So Thomas might play after all.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
Not at all, Solka. You should be thrilled at this. If McQuaid goes to the Canadiens, it gives me a reason to move to Montreal....

...because clearly moving for you alone is not enough.
That hurt, girl.

That really hurt.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:05 PM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
That hurt, girl.

That really hurt.
When you apologize for the comment about the kids not being your kids anymore for cheering campbell, ill apologize for my comment as well.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Le Casque de Mats

[mod edit qdp]

Since I don't think Montreal can win a cup this year, I just simply wish the Red Wings win it again. Then it just shows again that a very good and talented hockey team can win it all without all that fighting crap. Hits, grit, ok. The rest, just bah..

Plus too much fighting just attracts a large amount of retards around hockey games. I don't know if I approve of physical play, but I'll still watch hockey, you know, speed goals, good saves. I still like that.

About fights and all, there's still a lot out there for people a little obssessed with it. Boxing, UFC. Or WWF if you wanna hear 12 yr old comments à la Jack Edwards.

My 1st post here!
Hello.

Last edited by Timmy: 03-08-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
03-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Meganuck*

hopefully Subban smokes Marchand. AGAIN.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:08 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
PK is one talking all the tough talk about Bruins all the time, Marchand sees it and then he does exact same thing,Neither are smart or right..And as far as Lucic at time,you are talking George LaRouque king of heavy weights vs Lucic a middle weight and still just a kid ,especially at that time,i notice BGL was not over asking Chara to go.All that was, was bitterness over Lucic getting best of Komiserek is all it was by habs management.anyways chance tonite to redeem yourselves,I am sure a Bruin will look for Pouliot over Krecji beating.

When? On the ice where it should stay or in the media?

That's what Krecji gets for thinking he's a tough guy.. Stick to playing hockey Dave and leave the fighting to the knuckle draggers on your team....

Old
03-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
PK is one talking all the tough talk about Bruins all the time,Marchand sees it and then he does exact same thing,Neither are smart or right..And as far as Lucic at time,you are talking George LaRouque king of heavy weights vs Lucic a middle weight and still just a kid ,especially at that time,i notice BGL was not over asking Chara to go.All that was, was bitterness over Lucic getting best of Komiserek is all it was by habs management.anyways chance tonite to redeem yourselves,I am sure a Bruin will look for Pouliot over Krecji beating.
Sure because we all know Pouliot is such a goon

Whereas the Boychuck-Spacek and Campbell(+elbowpad)-Pyatt fights were fair and proper...

Old
03-08-2011, 04:15 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
PK is one talking all the tough talk about Bruins all the time,Marchand sees it and then he does exact same thing,Neither are smart or right..And as far as Lucic at time,you are talking George LaRouque king of heavy weights vs Lucic a middle weight and still just a kid ,especially at that time,i notice BGL was not over asking Chara to go.All that was, was bitterness over Lucic getting best of Komiserek is all it was by habs management.anyways chance tonite to redeem yourselves,I am sure a Bruin will look for Pouliot over Krecji beating.
PK has not said anything to the media. Marchand is whining cuz he has thugs to back him up. Chara would have refused laraque as well, they've fought a few times in the past and each time chara has had to pull laraque down to end the fight early. Chara is a terrible fighter and everyone knows it. Strong as an ox and huge, but his balance suffers because of it. And why would a bruin look for pouliot when krejci is the one who went looking for him in the first place?

Don't come in here spouting nonsense.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:16 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I'm still waiting for someone to post a disrespectful quote from P.K. Subban. Or anything even remotely similar to what Marchand said.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
works both ways right? I mean, when lucic didn't go with laraque he wasn't a labeled a chicken on this Board?
Lucic and Laraque are a lot closer in size than Subban and Lucic or Subban and Chara.

waffledave
Old
03-08-2011, 04:18 PM
FrankMTL

Not bad! We're already up to 7 pages in the GDT and it's only 4:20...should be 2 threads long tonight. The first one will be closed before the end of the second.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Ross MacLochness

I just heard Marchand's comments, when I read them I was pissed off but then I heard the audio of 'em... LOL the guy sounds as dumb as bricks. Just sad.

I have no respect for people who chirp in the media, especially a guy who knows he's got the biggest team in the league backing him up.

Oh man just imagine if Subban yapped through the media...

Old
03-08-2011, 04:20 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
PK Subban is one of the most respectful players in the media. He basically praised Mike Richards when he called him disrespectful. He never said something like what Marchand said. But nice try though...

Old
03-08-2011, 04:21 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
I just heard Marchand's comments, when I read them I was pissed off but then I heard the audio of 'em... LOL the guy sounds as dumb as bricks. Just sad.

I have no respect for people who chirp in the media, especially a guy who knows he's got the biggest team in the league backing him up.

Oh man just imagine if Subban yapped through the media...
There would be a 3-part thread on the main board.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
Im not confirming nor denying this, but hysterical out of all of our players that actually do run their mouths, you choose Recchi.

It just makes me laugh.
My bad. Reechi doesn't run his mouth...he tries to put elbows to the face when a guy's not looking. Much better....

By the way, you should take a look at your team when they're playing...tell me you don't see Reechi running his mouth? You know how I know? I watch your team...and watched my team when Reechi was playing in it....

Old
03-08-2011, 04:24 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I find it pretty hilarious that after reading the comments by the Bruins, you get the impression they are huge underdogs tonight and bigtime victims.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
And Marchand likes to quit on teams in the play-offs being content with his past "accomplishments" (being on a good team and having no impact whatsoever on their victories).

Hate this guy.
I do too. But we can't we're not surprised how he translated his offensive game yet. Kudos to him, kudos to Bergeron. So I guess it makes it possible for him to talk...but so should Subban then....

Old
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
There would be a 3-part thread on the main board.
You mean, you could aggregate a 3-part thread of locked threads on the main board

Old
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I find it pretty hilarious that after reading the comments by the Bruins, you get the impression they are huge underdogs tonight and bigtime victims.
Already preparing their reasons for the loss.

I can see the moral victory coming.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Well of course they are the underdogs, despite all that talent and toughness, they've only beaten us 2 times in the last 8 meetings, pretty pathetic, especially since the last one required that they scored 8 goals to do so.

It's funny because the Bruins(the players and their fans) are acting like they are tougher, but the more the players and their fans talk, the more it shows that they are the ones who are scared. Bruins are a mess psychologically, habs have embaressed them for a while now.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:27 PM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
My bad. Reechi doesn't run his mouth...he tries to put elbows to the face when a guy's not looking. Much better....

By the way, you should take a look at your team when they're playing...tell me you don't see Reechi running his mouth? You know how I know? I watch your team...and watched my team when Reechi was playing in it....
Woah, hold on WS.

I was making a simple statement as a joke, no harm meant. I just meant that Looch runs his mouth, Thort runs his mouth, Marchand runs his mouth, Chara yaps all day, Campbell chirps all day....even Peverly has already caught on! I was just sayign out of EVERYONE on the team that runs their mouth, it was funny to see the 43 year olds name thrown around. Amusing more than anything.

He absolutley runs his mouth, they all do. It was just comedy to me that he's one of the ones you chose to spotlight. Thats all.

And his name is Recchi. Why are we spelling it with two "e"s?

Old
Maxor

Is Cammalleri or Sopel out tonight?

Old
googlymoogly

Wow has everybody read the Mods posts? They sound whiny like Marchand fixing for a fight and handing out tickets tonight.

Lets go hide in the Islanders thread no one will know where we went and we can trash the place with no consequences. We could go to the Wild's board but Fel might tattle tell on us

Old
03-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Great post WS.

I find that despite all the crazy habs homers on this board, that there are a lot more objective habs posters than there are bruins ones, even though it tries to get spun around the otherway.

WS
Kriss
Hoto
Overlords
Waffledave
and others

have been extremely careful in being unbiased. I wish bruins fans would have the respect to come over to our board and act in kind.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:28 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
One thing about the Chara/Lucic/Thomas/Julien led Bruins is that they go down as perhaps the biggest chokers in all of pro sports.

Leading a PO series by 3 - 0 and allowing a comeback by the Flyers

Then playing a Game 7 and leading by 3 - 0 with half the game over and allowing a 3rd period comeback by the Flyers

Pathetic!

and unprecedented.
Choking is understating what happened. They Roseanne Barr'd

The only thing Bruin fans can be remotely proud of last year was landing Seguin at the draft

Closed Thread