- Nieds pots his second in as many games
- PKing was very good, even another lengthy 5-on-3
- Hey, no shorthander against!
- Mancari getting into it with Lovejoy after seeing Ennis down and Gaustad getting double-teamed.
- Miller kept them close with some outstanding stops.
The Bad -
- 7 more powerplays against in Pittsburgh. Yeah, yeah... same old same old.
- Parrish's clear/giveaway that lead to the Pens third goal
- Leopold with self-deflection goal #8 or #9 for the season by Sabre D-men
- No enough talent to overcome all the injuries and illness
- Adam-Boyes-Pominville combine for a -6 on the night. Tough to defend either of them, but no points, not even any chances for the line.
- Tinky Tim. He is doing nothing with any effort out there when the puck is in the offensive zone. The effort is just not there.
The Ugly -
- Blowing a game in hand.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
-Nidermayer with his 2nd
-Penalty killing was superb
-Connolly getting laid out...twice
-Refs were not good.
-Another goal off of a dman
-Huge screen on the second goal
-Lindy Ruff's powerplay. Disgusting. Again.
-Vanek's flu...get better, we need you
-Tim Connolly is the worst player on this team. He is afraid to fight in the corners, afraid to skate in open space, cant pass, cant shoot, keeps attempting those ridiculous drop passes, and is useless on the PP...$4.5 million for a penalty killer is bull. He's a disgrace to the game and I cannot wait until he is off of this team.
Ugly: Just got home from watching the game at the local watering hole.I don't know if it a generation of Sabres fan who grew up watching Hasek or what. But, it never ceasing to amaze me how many people blame Miller for losing games when the team only scores one goal.
-Miller, despite the 3 goals, too bad his puckhandling is atrocious, caused the 3rd goal
-Mancari's sticking up for Ennis
-Nieds with Stafford light
-Sekera created some nice opportunities offensively
-Scoring lines were invisible
-Ennis keeps missing the open man...frustrating
-Hated Boyes' line
-Poor Stafford was the only one on his line playing half decent