HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs own the bruins 4-1

Old
03-09-2011, 05:08 AM
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I've lost a lot of respect for Mckenzie and his cheapshots towards hab fans

Typical Toronto guy calling us cry babies
Haha no way. Bobby Mac is very fair in his opinions.

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 05:54 AM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

Considering the tweets by the hockey analysts i dont expect a suspension this is just ridclous lets be honest. If pk pushed marchand like that it would be called intentional and he would be suspended for rest of season. The nhl justice system is retarded

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 06:29 AM
LyricalLyricist

I dislike that hit for one particular reason. Chara did not 'rub' him into the boards. You see on the replay chara is turned around, and sees what he's pushing max into. Intentional? Perhaps not. Wreckless? Absolutely. It was a pointless extra push with 15 seconds left to go in the 2nd. At this point, there is likely another bruins D to recover the puck, why it was necessary to take out pacioretty with that type of wrecklessness is beyond me. Makes me sick watching the replay seeing Chara BEHIND pacioretty in clear view of what's going on. I hate stuff like this. I hate the fact everytime you watch a boston game it's always the same thing. Sore losers. You even see Lucic chasing pouliot in the end, why? really, why? Oh yah, horton too. Classless, a teammate is out, and they are thinking about moral fight victories?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 06:35 AM
canadianeh

Chara deserves a lengthy suspension. The reasons have been documented here many times.

Let me say first of all that i do not believe for a second Chara didn't know what he was doing when he timed that hit at that location. He had 2-3 strides earlier to do the same thing but waited until the stanchion was close enough to put him into it before giving him the shove. He was facing that direction and saw exactly where he was. Did he intend of the result to happen? I'm guessing no. No one wants to create that scary of an injury. But he certainly DID mean to shove him into the stanchion to "hurt" him, even if he didn't fully intend to injure.

That being said....

It does not MATTER what the intention was. The league is SUPPOSED to be cracking down on this kind of disrespectful, dangerous garbage. You are responsible for your action on the ice, and the results of them. Chara made an illegal and dirty play, and the end result was that Pacioretty likely has a major concussion and is frankly luck not to have a broken neck.

I also think it matters what kind of history the players and teams involved have. The last game was a fight filled game in which Boston violated the "code" repeatedly. To no punishment of course. This game there is one fight, where Boychuk tries to go knee on knee to injure Subban, and White gets the instigator?

Pacioretty and Chara have a history meanwhile. The game at that point was dominated by the Habs with the score 4-0.

All evidence points to Chara being angry and frustrated and then making and extremely dirty play that resulted in a terrible injury.

If that isn't a case for a lengthy suspension, then i guess we know why Gregory Campbell has a job playing in the NHL.

canadianeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Listening to The Morning Show.

Mad again.

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Habs Nation*

Once Chara decided to make a hit, not only did he commit interference, but he took responsibility for the consequences if Pacioretty hit a very dangerous part of the boards in a violent manner. The rule is there to prevent hits exactly like that because there's no recourse for the guy being hit. It's up to the hitter to know where he is on the ice, if it's a dangerous area and to not make that hit if it's either by a stanchion or in that 3-6 feet from the boards zone where you tend to launch guys.

Given the violence of the boarding and the lateness of the hit, I'd go 3-4 games. You just can't have hits like that around the stanchions, and it's the hitter's responsibility to avoid it.

Habs Nation* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 07:08 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
To me, it's a classic case of a very nice guy who get caught in the heat of a frustrating and hard fought game, and who just lost it for half a second. 5 seconds before the hit, that was probably not his intention to injure Pacioretty. But during half a second, that was his clear intention. That happened so quickly that he may even have forgotten about it. But the intention was there enough to do the damage. The images speak for themselves. The fact that he's a nice guy and that he's not a vicious player shouldn't be an excuse of any kind.
These are my thoughts exactly.

Last night I was so angry, I was fit to be tied. The league got lucky this time and nothing tragic happened but I feel Chara should get a heavy suspension. It won't happen but this is more than Chara trying to maim a fellow player. This is an attitude that needs to be removed from the game.

I want the fine because we have to stop the mindset that the Bruins displayed in the last game and were about to display last night.

In the last game obvious fighters/goons went after non fighters. That shows me the mind set in that locker room. Then all the pre game talk before this match. It sounded like a war. The Chara hit and then the out and out blatant targeting by Lucic (and Horton on Subban) at the end of the game. All those actions show me there's a mindset in the Bruins' room that lacks respect for their fellow hockey players.

Chara is not a dirty player but he committed a dirty play last night. It was vicious, dirty and INTENTIONAL. Anyone saying otherwise is lying to us and to themselves.

Now when a player like Chara gets caught up in his teams' locker room mindset then the league has to step in and tell the coaches and management that encourages that mindset that the league will no longer tolerate such behaviour.

This being the Bettman NHL so such thing will happen. Chara, I fear, will get a game or two at most......maybe.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
To be fair, all I see is a classic chase for a loose puck, won by MaxPac. Then big Z pushed him before looking at the glass (yes at first it's an interference, look closely) and just could'nt stop his move when he sees it.

More a brain cramp than an attempt to injure IMO, and no one should be surprised considering the guy. That doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a suspension, but in the heat of the game, those things happen all the time (brain cramps I mean).

I'm glad MaxPac is sorta OK
How can people still not see it is beyond me. Classic chase for what puck? The puck is not on his mind at all since it's not there. No, you look at the pictures and you KNOW that Chara knows where the glass and the post are. He PUSHED him towards it something he could't have not done. Knowing their history, it's a clear attempt to injure. But since it's been made to a Habs, and it's a Bruin who did it, the team of the century, there is no consequence and it's an unfortunate injury. So unfortunate, like Chara said, that when he saw the end result, he couldn't care less. But now he does obviously trying his best to not be suspended...which he doesn't have to do since he won't be.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 07:14 AM
BLONG7

Hard to talk about the game itself, after what happened to Max....let's hope for a speedy recovery, I honestly do not think the guy will play again this year, but let's hope for a miracle...as long as he is OK!

The game itself, the Habs played very well, and for the life of me, I just can't see how we match up with these guys so well, 4-1 this season, and 9 out of the last 10...wow...nice to see it was more about hockey than payback! Great game by the team!

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 07:20 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
How can people still not see it is beyond me. Classic chase for what puck? The puck is not on his mind at all since it's not there. No, you look at the pictures and you KNOW that Chara knows where the glass and the post are. He PUSHED him towards it something he could't have not done. Knowing their history, it's a clear attempt to injure. But since it's been made to a Habs, and it's a Bruin who did it, the team of the century, there is no consequence and it's an unfortunate injury. So unfortunate, like Chara said, that when he saw the end result, he couldn't care less. But now he does obviously trying his best to not be suspended...which he doesn't have to do since he won't be.
I've always liked and respected Chara, always thought with his size it was amazing he didn't injure more players and gave him credit for hardly ever going for devastating hits that could damage player's career. If he wanted Chara could seriously injure people out there with every hit.

Having said this, I've seen the replay many times, and I can't fathom how some in the media don't think it was deliberate. He waited until the post came and then shoved his head straight into it, even extending his arms to make sure the head rammed the post. To me, it was as disgusting as McSorley and Bertuzzi. After the hit, look at Chara's reaction on the ice, it wasn't one of shock or compassion, it wasn't a reaction of somebody who didn't know what he had just done, no he was still pissed off.

I don't think the NHL will suspend him for more than 2-3 games, not when people like Bob Mckenzie are calling it an "unfortunate incident" and calling for 2 games.

As disgusting as Chara's hit was Horton and Lucic trying to fight with minutes left in a 4-1 game. Come on guys, REALLY? What is your IQ guys, zero? Honestly ... That was as dumb a thing as I've ever seen in hockey. If you have a problem with Pouliot and Subban, take it up in Boston on the 24th, but in this game after you saw a fellow player being checked for a pulse on the ice? How f#$%$% stupid are you?

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 07:32 AM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Patrice Bergeron just lost a great opportunity to speak against the hits to the head. Moron.
He's a Bruin. It's the law of "Do as I say, don't do as I do" that applies.

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Bob MacKenzie will be on The Team 990 in 15 minutes to talk about the hit.

Old
03-09-2011, 07:53 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Milles View Post
Bob MacKenzie will be on The Team 990 in 15 minutes to talk about the hit.
He is just going to repeat what he said in his column ... 2 game suspension .. unfortunate play, etc...

Old
03-09-2011, 07:54 AM
bbfan419

As a Bruins fan first I want to wish Max well, hate to see any player get hurt, even those on rival teams, but there is no way Chara did that on purpose, Max was a little off balance and trying to sqeeze by him at full speed and Chara wanted to rub him out, yes it was interference, but anywhere else on the ice he would not have been hurt most likely. It is just very unfortunate that it was the wrong place at the wrong time. Chara is a big tough dude, but is not a dirty player, if this was something done by Matt Cooke, I may have a different opinion, of course Cooke would have probably waited til he has his back turned and cross checked him in the neck or head. I do hope Max is back soon and feeling better, the NHL also needs to look into adding more padding and protection to that turn buckle area.

bbfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan419 View Post
As a Bruins fan first I want to wish Max well, hate to see any player get hurt, even those on rival teams, but there is no way Chara did that on purpose, Max was a little off balance and trying to sqeeze by him at full speed and Chara wanted to rub him out, yes it was interference, but anywhere else on the ice he would not have been hurt most likely. It is just very unfortunate that it was the wrong place at the wrong time. Chara is a big tough dude, but is not a dirty player, if this was something done by Matt Cooke, I may have a different opinion, of course Cooke would have probably waited til he has his back turned and cross checked him in the neck or head. I do hope Max is back soon and feeling better, the NHL also needs to look into adding more padding and protection to that turn buckle area.
Stopped right there. You have no idea what was going throw Chara's head. You wouldn't appreciate a Penguins fan coming to your board and saying Cooke didn't intend to hurt Savard.

Old
03-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Chara has been dirty in the past, few times...

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 08:00 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Thanks for your post man, your well wishes are appreciated. I hated to see what happened to Savard and Bergy, so it is nice to see both fan bases can get past the rivalry and see the human side.

Old
03-09-2011, 08:14 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Sounds like you've probably never stepped in a rink. So I'll go easy on you. Basically, you're wrong. The players know. He knew exactly what he was doing. Chara is no angel. He let his frustration and anger get the better of him on that play, and he purposely shoved Max into the glass. Watch the replays, it's clear as day, unless of course you're wearing black and piss colored glasses.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 08:14 AM
HomaridII

For those who think it was not deliberate ..

http://twitpic.com/47s8ub

Old
03-09-2011, 08:20 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
For those who think it was not deliberate ..

http://twitpic.com/47s8ub
Not the first thing you want to see in the morning...

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 08:22 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Milles View Post
Stopped right there. You have no idea what was going throw Chara's head. You wouldn't appreciate a Penguins fan coming to your board and saying Cooke didn't intend to hurt Savard.
It's funny how people state it as if it's a fact, how in the **** would they know. They see a guy do a couple of interviews on tv and think they know the mindset of a player lol. History has shown that Chara is a classless dirty punk and it would not surprise me that he did try to hurt Max. I also find it funny that Chara knows he's going to get a penalty for hitting Max there but wants to do it anyway. I guess that makes sense if your a Bruins player.

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Roke

I'm kind of glad I didn't watch the game last night. I saw the replay of the hit but well, it's all been said I guess. I'm hoping Max gets well and is able to play next season.

Anyway, Darren Dreger tweeted that Chara will have a phone-hearing with Mike Murphy
http://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger/s...74885748793344

If I'm not mistaken, that means Chara can be suspended for 5 games at most (at least that's how I read it when McKenzie tweeted about Gillies' in-person hearing).
http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie...35498235781120

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Pascal

To me there's cleary an intent to DO SOMETHING to Max. I don't think he meant to take his head off, but he definitely gave it some extra oomph and he knew where he was on the ice.

In the end the NHL will probably give him something in the middle... not a ban or even 10 games but something in the middle to please everyone like 3 games.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
To be fair, all I see is a classic chase for a loose puck, won by MaxPac. Then big Z pushed him before looking at the glass (yes at first it's an interference, look closely) and just could'nt stop his move when he sees it.

More a brain cramp than an attempt to injure IMO, and no one should be surprised considering the guy. That doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a suspension, but in the heat of the game, those things happen all the time (brain cramps I mean).

I'm glad MaxPac is sorta OK
Yes the chase to the puck was at the blue line, the hit came at almost the red line, puck was long gone. Some need to wake up!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 08:35 AM
MrExpos

The argument "But it wouldn't have happened if the turnbucke wasn't there!" is so stupid. To me, it's like saying "I pushed you down the stairs, but hey, you wouldn't have falled down if you were not on the edge of it!".

You have to know where you are on the ice, at all time. How can Chara says that he didn't know how far from the board he was, or that he didn't know the turnbuckle was there. He was facing the board, and his timing is perfect to smash Pacioretty on it.

I don't even think that Chara wanted to hit his head like that. I can't believe that a hockey player goes on the ice thinking about hurting someone. But he did push him right in the turnbuckle, and he's lucky that Pacioretty isn't more severely injured. Chara isn't a typical dirty player, but he is known to blow a fuse from time to time, and when you are 6'9 and 255 lbs, it can get ugly in a hurry.

Last edited by MrExpos: 03-09-2011 at 08:41 AM.
MrExpos is offline   Reply With Quote