HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nedved to LA?

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2004, 04:31 PM
Mxpunk

vCash: 500
Nedved to LA?

According to Slamsports, there's "speculation" that the Kings are 1 of 4 teams interested in Petr Nedved....

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam040703/nhl_edm-sun.html

Old
07-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Fat Elvis

Damn monkey's always bring bad news...noooo!

Old
07-03-2004, 04:51 PM
willie

Well, to look at things in a positive light, that means there is a 80% chance we WONT sign Nedved.

Old
07-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Mxpunk

Nedved MIGHT be a good addition if the Kings also reacquire Glen Murray. Murray is only effective with a center who can create scoring chances for him (i.e. Thornton).

Old
07-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I seriously think that signing anyone is a bad idea. It'll screw up with the comp picks we'll be owed in next years deep draft . . .

Old
07-11-2004, 08:18 PM
washie

Well so far iv heard Kariya,Nedved,Dimetra, and Murray. How about this since we didn't offer a contract to Carter we re-sign him on the cheap and then sign the last 3 of these guys and say bite me to every one else ?

No but really I am a big fan of the last 3 on the list and would love to see Murray back, and I like Dimetra with Ottawa only to see the Blues steal him away. Nedved I just love his fast shot, but Kariya is small and I dont like thoughs types .

Old
07-12-2004, 01:41 AM
Capn Brown

All we need is Palffy and a healthy Allison. I don't think these two factors are beyond the realm of possibility. I haven't given up on Deader, either.

Old
07-12-2004, 01:44 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
All we need is Palffy and a healthy Allison. I don't think these two factors are beyond the realm of possibility. I haven't given up on Deader, either.

Old
07-12-2004, 02:11 AM
washie

But I thought the beliefe was that Deader and Allison were both gone and would not be coming back.

Old
07-12-2004, 02:16 AM
Kingz4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by washie
But I thought the beliefe was that Deader and Allison were both gone and would not be coming back.
That's very likely, but there's also a chance they might return.

Old
07-12-2004, 02:24 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I seriously think that signing anyone is a bad idea. It'll screw up with the comp picks we'll be owed in next years deep draft . . .
I've always like Nedved, but I tend to agree with you. Right now, we suck. So there is no better time to rebuild.

07-12-2004, 02:32 AM
jfont

Awards:
kings don't need nedved and his salary demands...monies would be better served to get a top 2 defenseman imo...

hey legionnaire, thats one funny sig you got there.......kingsjohn is very wise

07-12-2004, 02:41 AM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
kings don't need nedved and his salary demands...monies would be better served to get a top 2 defenseman imo...

Wha chu talkin bout willis?

The Kings are stacked on D.

Old
07-12-2004, 02:43 AM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk
According to Slamsports, there's "speculation" that the Kings are 1 of 4 teams interested in Petr Nedved....

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam040703/nhl_edm-sun.html

I had heard that the kings were after both conroy and rolston. So getting Nedved isnt out of the question. My only question is, what about Army, Ebell, Squid, and Pirnes who are all centers as well?

Old
07-12-2004, 02:53 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:

hey legionnaire, thats one funny sig you got there.......kingsjohn is very wise

Somebody finally gave me a funny one!

Old
07-12-2004, 10:50 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie Verstinks
Wha chu talkin bout willis?

The Kings are stacked on D.
by stacked you mean number of defenseman then you're correct...talentwise, i think the kings are just a little above average...

norstrom - top 2 defenseman

miller - lets face it, had a horrible year last year. will he bounce back? we still don't know.

visnovski - excellent year last year...but before that he had a bad year...he may be inconsistent and we won't know who will show up next season.

gleason - still a rookie and will still make alot of mistakes (hopefully he'll prove me wrong here but can't really count on a 2nd year guy)

quintal - good stay at home defenseman (being a 3rd pairing he's good)...the bad, he's slow and since he's playing in the much faster western conference, i'm afraid it'll show his shortcomings.

dempsey - above average defenseman that can score...i'm sorry but he's not a schneider...

lots of question mark...but acquiring a top 2 defenseman would get the kings close to being 'stacked' as you say...

Old
07-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Matt13

Quote:
by stacked you mean number of defenseman then you're correct...talentwise, i think the kings are just a little above average...

miller - lets face it, had a horrible year last year. will he bounce back? we still don't know.

visnovski - excellent year last year...but before that he had a bad year...he may be inconsistent and we won't know who will show up next season.

gleason - still a rookie and will still make alot of mistakes (hopefully he'll prove me wrong here but can't really count on a 2nd year guy)

quintal - good stay at home defenseman (being a 3rd pairing he's good)...the bad, he's slow and since he's playing in the much faster western conference, i'm afraid it'll show his shortcomings.

dempsey - above average defenseman that can score...i'm sorry but he's not a schneider...

lots of question mark...but acquiring a top 2 defenseman would get the kings close to being 'stacked' as you say...

There is no doubt in my mind that Vis will have a great year.

Also, as long as Miller is healthy he will as well.

Old
07-13-2004, 01:47 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

j, you forgot to pencil in grebeshkov for 20 minutes a night and 50 points. i mean, c'mon, the guy craps upside.

seriously, i wouldn't sign anyone else. none of the aforementioned are game-breakers, and we might as well get better comp picks and have another hungry kid in there. the only players that i would want back are ziggy and allison.

Old
07-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Matt13

Quote:

For the record

Lubo had 29 points in 58 games for a .5 point per game average.

Shneider had 46 points in 78 games for a .589 point per games. It isnt that much of an improvment.

Old
07-13-2004, 02:39 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:

so basically, your counting out two good players based on the assumption that they may or may not have a good year next year. Class, welcome to circular reasoning.

Quote:
gleason - still a rookie and will still make alot of mistakes (hopefully he'll prove me wrong here but can't really count on a 2nd year guy)j
not many people had complaints about gleason last year. he will probably not be a great defenseman next year but he'll be sturdy. Mistakes are made by everyone, including veterans. And why don't we go ask Frolov if he thinks we can count on a 2nd year guy.

Quote:

these are two proven defensemen and you are still finding ways to count them out. Quintal will be fine as a #5 and #6 and dempsey is a good top 4 defenseman. I am very comfortable with dempsey BOTH defensively and offensively. cant say the same with schneider.

Quote:
even after you going through it, i still don't see why you think we're short. dempsey, miller, norstrom, and lubo make up a helluva top 4 combo that consists of both sturdy stay-at-home defensemen and defensively-sound, offensively-oriented defensemen. corvo, gleason, grebeshkov, quintal, and heck, even zizka round out a very good #5 and #6 set with 3 capable fillers that can hold the ground until the defensemen come back.

the ONLY argument I can see against our defense is that 2 of our top 4 are fairly injury prone. But even with that, I'm quite comfortable having grebeshkov or corvo coming in and taking 20 games under their belt. Are we the best defense int he league? no, but we sure aren't weak.

Old
07-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Frolov

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur

the ONLY argument I can see against our defense is that 2 of our top 4 are fairly injury prone. But even with that, I'm quite comfortable having grebeshkov or corvo coming in and taking 20 games under their belt. Are we the best defense int he league? no, but we sure aren't weak.
I agree.

Old
07-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Kingz4life

Quote:
so basically, your counting out two good players based on the assumption that they may or may not have a good year next year. Class, welcome to circular reasoning.

not many people had complaints about gleason last year. he will probably not be a great defenseman next year but he'll be sturdy. Mistakes are made by everyone, including veterans. And why don't we go ask Frolov if he thinks we can count on a 2nd year guy.

these are two proven defensemen and you are still finding ways to count them out. Quintal will be fine as a #5 and #6 and dempsey is a good top 4 defenseman. I am very comfortable with dempsey BOTH defensively and offensively. cant say the same with schneider.

even after you going through it, i still don't see why you think we're short. dempsey, miller, norstrom, and lubo make up a helluva top 4 combo that consists of both sturdy stay-at-home defensemen and defensively-sound, offensively-oriented defensemen. corvo, gleason, grebeshkov, quintal, and heck, even zizka round out a very good #5 and #6 set with 3 capable fillers that can hold the ground until the defensemen come back.

Old
07-13-2004, 07:47 PM
Anhksanamen

I will never forget seeing Nedved ask Gretzky for his stick on-ice after the Kings eliminated the Canucks during their Stanley Cup appearance year. Nedved was a wuss to ask for that stick after his team got beaten, he is a soft player and is not a #1 center. The Kings would do better to resign Allison, even if he cant play he would still be better than Nedhead.

Old
07-13-2004, 08:32 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
ummmm...i was saying that there are question marks on defense and they are far from 'solid'...
Quote:
ummmm...i did say i hope i was wrong didn't i?
Quote:
again, i'm not counting them out...i'm merely stating that the kings are far from solid...but you prefer dempsey...and i prefer schneider...you're entitled to your opinion...i'm not shoving mine down anyone's throat...
Quote:
ok.
Quote:
and if you see my post again...i said we're abit above average...not weak...

Old
07-13-2004, 08:34 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator
j, you forgot to pencil in grebeshkov for 20 minutes a night and 50 points. i mean, c'mon, the guy craps upside.
agentfauser, i hope you're right...

Closed Thread