HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
People say "you'd love to have Horton, Lucic, Thornton, Chara, etc. on your team", but the truth of the matter is, I love our team just the way it is. We have players committed to playing for one another, we have players willing to do what it takes to win, and we have players who will play the game within the realm of respect and sportsmanship.

Clowns like Lucic and Horton are just that, clowns, and it makes me proud to know the Montreal Canadiens are a step above the despicable dirt that are the Boston Bruins, in every possible way imaginable.

I hope we play them in the playoffs, just so we can embarrass them even further.

Old
BJG

It was strange. With 30 seconds left in the 2nd, after the two icings, I had a bad feeling. I said to no one in particular, 'Just end the damn period and get in the dressing room'.

And what if Max had gotten his wish and been 'allowed' to stay in Hamilton this year.

So many 'Ifs'...

Old
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Savage didnt have a severe concussion.

That severe concussion is possible 6 months of inactivty RIGHT there... he may never be the same again, ..how about that ******* s***
I didn't say it was no big deal, calm down.

I just found a comparable neck injury for context of what he can probably expect.

And it's not like the neck doesn't heal until the concussion is better.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Cujorulesdtown9
Wearing Clown Shoes

Not a Bruins or Habs fan but wishing Pacioretty all the best in recovery.

He's a very lucky guy. It was c4, a very serious injury, but it is also the most common spinal injury, if that were a c1-2, it's commonly fatal.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can somebody tell me how it still can be allowed even by their own freakin Mods? 'Cause it's on their board, they could be as despicable as they are? Geez does that board or even the NHL board mods have any honour so that there's a decency limit to respect at some point?
I definitely understand what you're saying but it's an absolute mess over there. Last night they had only 2 active mods and I think it's the same today. It got to the point where our very own Habs10Habs had to get involved. They've got their hands full and they're doing what they can. The only thing we can do about it is report anything that's considered offensive/trolling/etc...

03-09-2011, 12:04 PM
HoBOonFiRE

From a leaf fan I wish Max the best of luck going forward. You never want to see this happen to anyone. Max is one heck of a hockey player and a good hard working kid and its really unfortunate and im praying for his health. Get well Max!

Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Guys, trust me on this, don't even bother going to the Bruins board. It'll make your blood boil to the point where you'll feel an urge to attack their fans. Take the high road and just stay on OUR board. Please.
I make no promises.

Im blown away after hearing his neck is broken.

Old
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Potato View Post
I just heard on CKAC that RDS caught Thornton laughing on the bench when Max Pac was not moving on the ice. Don't know if it's true or not.
Would you be surprised...

Old
03-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
And that's what I hate about the Bruins mentality. "We're going to get you back."
No kidding. They come flat out and declare that there's going to be payback, that certain players have it coming, etc, and then when, OH SURPRISE, the players they are targeting are actually hurt, they cry innocence.

Come on. Part of getting a conviction in any crime is establishing motive. Chara and the Bruins had plenty: they were getting embarrassed and they wanted payback by means other than on the scoreboard. They were headhunting, plain and simple. I don't give a **** if Chara has no priors. It only takes one hot-headed incident to ruin a life. That's what Chara did, and I don't believe for a second that the intent wasn't there to hurt. To cripple, of course not, but he tried to hurt the guy in a NON-HOCKEY play (unless directing someone's head with your hand into a wall is now a hockey play). They should throw the book at the big idiot. I'd prefer it if that goof never played hockey in my country again.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:06 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

I seriously hope Chara regrets this and starts playing like crap. I hope this eats him inside. I hope it haunts him the rest of his life.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

At that point, I couldn't care less what suspension he gets. We all know we'll feel it's not going to be enough. Though I was not expecting more than 5 regarding how that stupid leagues deals with the murder attempts. Including the Cooke hit on Savard. Including the Jones hit on Bergeron.

We should just be concerned about MaxPac health and how he'll recovered.

Whatever happens to Chara will not change ANYTHING as to how this team acts and thinks. Chara will come back the same player. Sweet when he's winning, frustrated when he doesn't. And so are the rest of that team.

Old
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can somebody tell me how it still can be allowed even by their own freakin Mods? 'Cause it's on their board, they could be as despicable as they are? Geez does that board or even the NHL board mods have any honour so that there's a decency limit to respect at some point?
Even if they're mods, report them. serious.

Old
JustAHabFan

Quote:
I make no promises.

Im blown away after hearing his neck is broken.
Calm down man. What would be the purpose for your visit to the Bruins' board. You are certain will be more upset after.

Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I didn't say it was no big deal, calm down.

I just found a comparable neck injury for context of what he can probably expect.

And it's not like the neck doesn't heal until the concussion is better.
lol dude, im not mad at YOU

im saying good job on finding a comparable neck injury and duration, BUT this severe concussion business could lead to 6-12 months easily

Old
Trexim

vCash: 594
Quote:
Guys, trust me on this, don't even bother going to the Bruins board. It'll make your blood boil to the point where you'll feel an urge to attack their fans. Take the high road and just stay on OUR board. Please.
Unbelievable, some of the stuffs that were said by the Bruin fans. To thnk that once, Orr, Bouques, and Neely had donned that jersey and I had so much respect for them.

Have they seen this picture yet? Did they see Chara's arms positions? How can they possibly defend that?

Old
03-09-2011, 12:08 PM
The Caveman
snowbozie

Leafs Fan here though live in Montreal. My son is 8 years old and a Habs fan and plays hockey. His coach started to calling him "Max" because he plays the wing and plays with a lot of heart. Fewer things have made him happier and I when I gave him a Max Pac Habs jersey, well the kid was so proud. Max hasn't been around very long but he has already made an impression. Let's hope we see him back really soon.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Lord Chezz

Do you guys support from abroad to combat the Bruins board?

Old
Lucius

Quote:
lol dude, im not mad at YOU

im saying good job on finding a comparable neck injury and duration, BUT this severe concussion business could lead to 6-12 months easily
Oh yeah, I get that.

But with concussions it's useless to speculate. We've all seen guys look like they were dead who come back 3 weeks later and we've all seen guys who looked like nothing happened (Crosby) who miss months.

It's a very person by person injury and hopefully Max reacts well to it.

The neck though is far more predictable.

Old
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakicisgod View Post
I think it's interesting that the Habs board won't accept any viewpoint but their own, in any way shape or form. It's pro-habs or it gets removed. Makes for some one sided discussions haha.
Please we are in shock right now. Pease leave us alone and come back much later. Patches, Price, and Subban are our most promising players. Now that Patches's career may be in jeopardy/

Old
03-09-2011, 12:10 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
I definitely understand what you're saying but it's an absolute mess over there. Last night they had only 2 active mods and I think it's the same today. It got to the point where our very own Habs10Habs had to get involved. They've got their hands full and they're doing what they can. The only thing we can do about it is report anything that's considered offensive/trolling/etc...
Pyretta, with some due respect to mods overall, I saw one of their mods encouraging that boorish attitude before. I think they let it slide purposefully.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:10 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
I seriously hope Chara regrets this and starts playing like crap. I hope this eats him inside. I hope it haunts him the rest of his life.
Read Chiarelli's comments.

His teamates, even Bergeron, will be telling him Pacioretty was a victim of the geometry of the ring and that his play was "a strong hockey play".

I doubt he even lost a minute of sleep over it. Especially, seeing the complete lack of remorse in his comments after the act.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:11 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Everyone change your display pic to something Pacioretty, lets show some support.

Old
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caveman View Post
Leafs Fan here though live in Montreal. My son is 8 years old and a Habs fan and plays hockey. His coach started to calling him "Max" because he plays the wing and plays with a lot of heart. Fewer things have made him happier and I when I gave him a Max Pac Habs jersey, well the kid was so proud. Max hasn't been around very long but he has already made an impression. Let's hope we see him back really soon.
Fractured vertebrae suggest he's out for a while, if not permanently

Old
Bullsmith

Well one thing's clear The Bruins set a new standard for being sore losers.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:12 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Please we are in shock right now. Pease leave us alone and come back much later. Patches, Price, and Subban are our most promising players. Now that Patches's career may be in jeopardy/
Yeah I'd love to see how Colorado fans would react if Stewart was injured the way Pacioretty was. I know he's been traded now but they'd be flipping out.

Then to come here and make a post like that, as if they'd be any better, it's just laughable.

Bruins fans are the worst, they'd be crying for centuries if this had happened to them and would've started touting "moral victory" spew, but because it was their team that did it, they think it's all cool.

Closed Thread