HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 12:12 PM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caveman View Post
Leafs Fan here though live in Montreal. My son is 8 years old and a Habs fan and plays hockey. His coach started to calling him "Max" because he plays the wing and plays with a lot of heart. Fewer things have made him happier and I when I gave him a Max Pac Habs jersey, well the kid was so proud. Max hasn't been around very long but he has already made an impression. Let's hope we see him back really soon.
Fixed it for you.

I just want Max to play hockey again in his life, and be happy at it.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Live chat on HIO has started. Scroll down...

http://www.habsinsideout.com/

Old
BJG

How's this for an image?: After sweeping the Apes in four, or more likely coming back from 0-3 to beat them in 7, every Hab refuses to shake Chara's hand in the post-series hand shakes. He needs to be ostracized.

Old
SB164

From Twitter: The Fourth Period reached out to 4 NHLers (not MTL/BOS) last night. All said Chara knew what he was doing.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:14 PM
LesCanadiens

Chara was looking exactly where he was driving Max. He did it on purpose. The kid is severely injured. I'm just torn between feeling bad for the kid, and an enormous amount of hate and anger for Chara and some of the powers that be in Boston.

This kind of thing is what inevitably proves the cream or the scum that rises to the top. Many people close (in a bad way) to Bertuzzi, knew he was a bit of a psycho. Chara's behavior leading up to this, displays some of the same tendency and disposition. He was building up to this.

In Cherry's famous words, I hope he gets "drawn and quartered".

Old
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can somebody tell me how it still can be allowed even by their own freakin Mods? 'Cause it's on their board, they could be as despicable as they are? Geez does that board or even the NHL board mods have any honour so that there's a decency limit to respect at some point?
Why complain now? It's always been thus. Aside from a handful of decent posters the Bruins' board has always been a cesspool populated by slack-jawed troglodytes.

Old
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJG View Post
How's this for an image?: After sweeping the Apes in four, or more likely coming back from 0-3 to beat them in 7, every Hab refuses to shake Chara's hand in the post-series hand shakes. He needs to be ostracized.
If I was Martin, I would not have sent any core players out for the third.

Auld would have been in net. Subban, Plekanec, etc. all would have been in street clothes.

Just sent them out there, told the guys that were left to dump the puck at center and "kill" the period.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:15 PM
GardinerExpress

My best wishes to MaxPac, he looks hes going to be an absolute beast of a power forward and i wish him a successful and speedy recovery

Old
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
From Twitter: The Fourth Period reached out to 4 NHLers (not MTL/BOS) last night. All said Chara knew what he was doing.
As did Gary Valk last night after the Canucks game. The players know.

Old
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Pyretta, with some due respect to mods overall, I saw one of their mods encouraging that boorish attitude before. I think they let it slide purposefully.
I can't comment on that since I didn't see it. The only thing I can say is that I saw all the reports/infractions/warnings/bans coming in from the Bruins board last night & today and let me tell you, it's an absolute ****ing mess over there.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Look at Gomez's face here. That says it all.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:17 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
You have to be naive not to think a pro NHLer, Norris trophy winner, is not aware of his surroundings.

Old
Jesker

If he really has C4 and C5 fractures, he's kind of lucky. If i'm correct, C2 and C3 fractures are causing paralysation.

And C1 is death.

Really really sad. I hope he will be allright but for Max Pacioretty the hockey player, it doesn't look good at all.

Old
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
As did Gary Valk last night after the Canucks game. The players know.
Saw Mike Zigonmanis tweet it too.

Anyone who has played competitive hockey at any level for more than an hour knows the danger spots and knows that players are fully aware of where they are.

This is just one of those times where the hockey establishment rallies around the criminal, not the victim, as they always do. The rest is just hand waving to justify it.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Oh yeah, I get that.

But with concussions it's useless to speculate. We've all seen guys look like they were dead who come back 3 weeks later and we've all seen guys who looked like nothing happened (Crosby) who miss months.

It's a very person by person injury and hopefully Max reacts well to it.

The neck though is far more predictable.
100% agreed

Training camp is 7 months away, so lets hope max can recover by then , i hope his drive to come back into the man and player that he is, is successful

Old
03-09-2011, 12:19 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I definitely understand what you're saying but it's an absolute mess over there. Last night they had only 2 active mods and I think it's the same today. It got to the point where our very own Habs10Habs had to get involved. They've got their hands full and they're doing what they can. The only thing we can do about it is report anything that's considered offensive/trolling/etc...
And in the end they have to live with the Karma of what they say. As long as it is not being said over I think people here should not worry about it.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Mr Rogers

Whatever I'm doing right now, my fear of the worst consequences for Pacioretty keeps haunting me. I'm really having a hard time right now. I've got no interest for the following games and would trade the whole season series against the Bruins for a healthy Max Pacioretty if I had the chance.

Seeing the kid JUST starting to gain confidence and really flourishing into the our best forward come crashing down because of some mentally deranged ****. I feel cheated as a fan, as if somebody had unfairly stolen the team's brightest prospect with no consequences whatsoever.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:21 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukimono View Post
At this point Chara should be charged with assault, end of story. Also sue the ****er for 50 millions.
There is no way you can get the assault charges to stick but a monetary lawsuit is much easier to win. There is enough evidence over the last three games and Bruin players mouthing off in the media for a lawyer to destroy Chara in court. Make him poor and other players will think twice about cheap shots.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:23 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
There is no way you can get the assault charges to stick but a monetary lawsuit is much easier to win. There is enough evidence over the last three games and Bruin players mouthing off in the media for a lawyer to destroy Chara in court. Make him poor and other players will think twice about cheap shots.
he should sue his ass.

Old
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
Hey guys. Long time lurker... registered a few months ago. Even though I am a lifetime Canadiens fan (25+ years), I rarely post on online boards because I am not the type of guy who likes getting in conflicts with other fellow fans. So if my post comes out wrong, please bear with me.

That hit last night on our boy Patches devastated me. I remember enjoying the flow of the game and then all of a sudden one of our most promising prospect in years gets knocked out cold in the middle of the ice by noone else than Zdeno Chara. I was really excited to see what Patches could bring to this team down the road with other promising players such as Subban, Desharnais, etc. With that hit last night we don't even know if the kid will be back with us and if he is, if he is going to play at the same level he was before.

I love my Habs and I love my city but what happened last night was just devastating. I hope the kid recovers quickly and I am sending him my prayers. Please be careful Max.

Old
Patrice Brisebois

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiGGy View Post
Whatever I'm doing right now, my fear of the worst consequences for Pacioretty keeps haunting me. I'm really having a hard time right now. I've got no interest for the following games and would trade the whole season series against the Bruins for a healthy Max Pacioretty if I had the chance.

Seeing the kid JUST starting to gain confidence and really flourishing into the our best forward come crashing down because of some mentally deranged ****. I feel cheated as a fan, as if somebody had unfairly stolen the team's brightest prospect with no consequences whatsoever.
I feel the same way. Cheated. We all know nothing serious will happen to that ogre. Just the thought of it has made me completely lose interest in the sport all of sudden. If I learn Max is never able to play again, I hate to say it, but I'm done with hockey.

Old
djblue

Chara should be gone for as long as Pacioretty is out

Old
03-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
But Max....Never heard a noise like that on a check. It sounded like either a puck hitting the post or more graphically an aluminium bat making contact.

And it was painfully intentional. I mean, In January, Patches gives him this harmless little push after a goal, and Chara goes *******. Then last game, during a schmoz, Chara goes after Patches while Patches is busy with someone else, and Gill saves Patches there.

Last night, Chara AGAIN went after Pacioretty with intent to injure, and DID IT. This man Zdeno Chara has such a big ego that this harmless little shove that bruised his self-esteem has turned into a possible life-altering retribution.

He is done until this time next year. Minimum. And might not come back to be the same he was going to be.

And Chara he'll get 2-5 games.

Old
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Chiarelli:

“What Z told me was he felt that Pacioretty tried to squeeze beside him and went sideways, when he did, his momentum and Z’s momentum pushed him into the stanchion. It’s unfortunate and I heard (Pacioretty) was hurt and is feeling better and recovering. But I think it was a strong hockey play.”

So momentum = shoving a player into the board with your arm and upper body

I can't speak for Pacioretty, but I ended my garage league season head first into the board at full speed a few years ago, and the second my head hit the board, I pictured myself lying in an hospital bed, paralyzed, with my wife and kids crying. Cant' imagine how his parents felt if they were watching the game.

I'm hopeful that Pacioretty will come back at 100%, but for now, I'm just thankful he's alive and relatively healthy. Hockey should be the last thing on his mind for now, as hard as it might be for him to let go.

Godspeed, Max.

Old
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Actually i believe you'd have to go after the Bruins organization in a lawsuit since Chara did the act in performance of his duties to the Bruins. Bruins in turn, could sue Chara for any losses.

Closed Thread