HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 12:59 PM
JustAHabFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post
Brian Wilde via a doctor just stated on team 990 that Pacioretty's life/career is not in danger.
There is just a long road to recovery.
Good to hear.

Old
03-09-2011, 12:59 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
FWIW

Brian Wilde reporting on Team 990 that based on his talks with a doctor, the nature of the injury is NOT career threatening.

Probably looking at September return...

note: not the doctor on the case, but someone who would be familiar with this type of injury
It's sad to say (and i said something similar when bergeron got hit ) it is going to take someone to die on the ice for the league to acknowledge whats going on. :

Old
03-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Potato View Post
I just heard on CKAC that RDS caught Thornton laughing on the bench when Max Pac was not moving on the ice. Don't know if it's true or not.
Wouldn't surprise me at all. Thornton is a known piece of ****.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
FWIW

Brian Wilde reporting on Team 990 that based on his talks with a doctor, the nature of the injury is NOT career threatening.

Probably looking at September return...

note: not the doctor on the case, but someone who would be familiar with this type of injury
That's great news. Now let's hope Pacioretty comes back better than ever. I hope he doesn't turn out Zednik after McLaren's cheap shot on him. But first things first, get well soon Max!

Old
03-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Prudentius

Just did some research history on Moore's injury. It similar but not exactly the same. Moore's injury was worst. As far as broken vertebrae are concerned, Pacioretty's injury is likely the most serious since Moore in the NHL.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxmrkn View Post
I came with the intent of showing my support. The hit certainly had me silently hoping for the best as soon as I witnessed it.

No player should have to go through what he is going through now and as I said before I wish him all the best.

Not going to get into a pissing contest. Just wishing you could stop generalizing about our fans and our players. Thats my 2 cents.
We probably wouldn't if you weren't so hateful.
I can't even dare looking at the Bruins board right now. But I've read Bruins fans wishing the the Habs' plane to crash, wishing for Habs fans and players to die or to be injured, I've read people who would cut all ties with family members if they liked the Canadiens, I've read numerous slurs against French Canadians (despite having many of them playing/cheering for your team.)

Some Bruins fans would be more scandalized by Pk Subban doing a spinorama than by Chara almost killing Pacioretty.

So yeah, I won't apologize for my disgust towards Boston right now. And I've never had a lot of hatred for them beyond ''it's a hockey game, let's win. ''

But this is way beyond hockey.

Old
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I don't even know what to make of this.

I guess it's because he makes $7.35 million that he has no right to want to care about the fact some ape just almost killed one of his teammates. But hey, he should back down from opening his mouth, because he's too ****ing small, right?
Youve always been way to serious for your own good.

Try to consider the perspective of the troglodyte that is Thornton...small man after large man = funny.

I simply point this as being a plausible explanation and you go all drama queen on me.

Old
Alicat
Charge!

Can someone post or pm me where they see Shawn Thornton laughing. It is not Shawn's style at all so I am shocked to see this.

I am Boston Strong

Old
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I don't even know what to make of this.

I guess it's because he makes $7.35 million that he has no right to want to care about the fact some ape just almost killed one of his teammates. But hey, he should back down from opening his mouth, because he's too ****ing small, right?
Maybe instead of a suspension, they should award a percentage of the guy who gets suspended's salary to the injured player for as long as he's out.

Might be more effective at curbing this crap.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Who knows, it's hard to make assumptions/judgments without the video or more insight as to when he supposedly laughing or where he was looking as he was laughing. It's really hard to believe a person with any sort of humanity would find Pacioretty laying on the ice funny.
Does it really matter what he was laughing at, seeing as he was laughing while Patches layed unconscious on the ice after that type of impact?

Old
03-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Does it really matter what he was laughing at, seeing as he was laughing while Patches layed unconscious on the ice after that type of impact?
Everyone reacts to things differently and we have no idea what was said or happened on the bench at that moment.

Not saying it's appropriate, but on the lists of things to give a crap about from that game... Thornton's laugher is just about last.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Prudentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Can someone post or pm me where they see Shawn Thornton laughing. It is not Shawn's style at all so I am shocked to see this.
I saw it live, he wasn't laughing but he had a really evident smile all up his face. And he wasn't talking with any of the Bruins players, but I'm not gonna start assuming why he was smiling like he was at a strip bar.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
It's sad to say (and i said something similar when bergeron got hit ) it is going to take someone to die on the ice for the league to acknowledge whats going on. :
Nah! As long as Campbell is still making the decisions he does. I think if somebody were to bite the bullet, take a few games suspensions and take out his son for good. That may do the trick. One person getting the punishment for the rest of the league's players to be safer. But I don't think Campbell stays at the end of the season. You never know. Either somebody takes out Campbell jr or somebody dies...

Old
03-09-2011, 01:05 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirit View Post
How do neck injuries work? Will he have to be immobile until it heals or what?
Pretty much. I expect he'll have to wear the head gear where they screw a brace into your forehead that extends down your neck to keep the neck immobile.

Brian Savage and Eric Cole both sustained similar injuries. It took both 4 months to get back, however, they did NOT have concussions.

I suspect the problem is not so much the fracture since that can heal and players have come back from similar injuries. It's the concussion and how that will impact his future.

4 months just for the neck fracture alone would put it into early July, so he's lost for the season. By the opening of training camp he'll have been out 6 months.

Concussion - who knows? Crosby took less of a hit to the head and he's still out with no timetable for his return.

It's the concussion that could end his career. PM Bouchard, in Minnesota, was out 18 months with one, Moore had his career ended with one.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Habit11

Yesterday on the Team 990, Jimmy Murphy was on (a Boston guy) and was told from the Bruins' players that they were not happy with what Max did to Chara after his overtime winner. We all know what that means: retribution. We've seen several Bruin players try to injure Habs' players, and make no mistake that the fights in the last game in Boston against Pyatt, Hamrlik, and Spacek were not attempts to injure because they absolutely were. We've seen Chara try to go after Max repeatedly, especially with the slash to the ankle in Boston, and during some of the scrums in that game. We've seen them repeatedly go after PK, and we saw Boychuk go out of his way to try and take out PK again last night, and nearly took out his knee.

We all heard the comments from Marchand, Lucic, and Julien yesterday, and the underlying tone of their comments reeked of 'retribution' and the 'Canadiens' players will get what's coming to them' as if what they did in Boston just wasn't enough. We all heard the play by play on NESN after Max pushed Chara after his OT winner say, "he's cocky kid, and one day he's gonna get his head taken off!". Well last night, Chara pretty much did exactly what Edwards said would happen. That organization has become a breeding ground for retribution against the Habs' organization forever. Everything around that organization from the radio to tv to newspaper to their fans have been after Habs' blood for the last 3 seasons. They have incited it, and done nothing to fan the flames. The Canadiens' organization if anything, has done the opposite. If Brian Burke was the GM of the Habs after the last game in Boston, last night's lineup would have consisted of 12 goons up front, and 6 more on defense. But Pierre Gauthier did no such thing. Yet, Julien felt the need last night, as did his players, to start more ****, and try and avenge last night's loss with more of the same thuggery we saw in Boston.

I seriously can not believe how some of the "hockey experts" in the media can objectively defend Chara. How can they ignore the intent to injure evident by both the Bruins' players and coach's actions, and chalk up what happened last night to "a hockey play"? That wasn't a hockey play. That was Chara doing what he has been trying to do to Max for the last 3 games. Get him. And he did.

Any one with half a brain could see that it was a matter of time before something severe happened. Shame on the league for doing absolutely nothing after the last game in Boston. Shame on the league for having it's disciplinarian perform his job with the most obvious case of conflict of interest imaginable. And shame on the Bruins' organization for trying to justify their actions by saying the Canadiens' players are dirty, cheap, and divers. Lie after lie after lie.

I, like most, feared the worst while Max lay motionless on the ice. The kid was nearly paralyzed.

Old
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Nah! As long as Campbell is still making the decisions he does. I think if somebody were to bite the bullet, take a few games suspensions and take out his son for good. That may do the trick. One person getting the punishment for the rest of the league's players to be safer. But I don't think Campbell stays at the end of the season. You never know. Either somebody takes out Campbell jr or somebody dies...
That's BS.

It's always been this. Was long before Campbell and has been along the way.

His son is a red herring.

This is just the way this league has operated.

Old
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
It's just sad. 22 years old...he looked so happy after his 2 goals in Tampa. He was playing another great game last night...his parents came all the way to Montreal to enjoy their son play hockey.

**** you, Chara. I hope you will regret this the rest of your life and play like crap.
at least his parents were there to get real time updates and be there with him.. this whole thing is terribly disturbing. what is more disturbing his how many people in the media/bruins organization are perfectly fine with that hit and probably would do it all over again. I haven't even been able to watch the highlights of the game, I was enraged beyond belief.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:07 PM
HabsInsideOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post
Brian Wilde via a doctor just stated on team 990 that Pacioretty's life/career is not in danger.
There is just a long road to recovery.
That's great news, however talking to people, I've gotten a different understanding of what Patches can expect. I really really hope those people are wrong

Old
03-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post

Worst part is that you can see that Chara completes his "shoving" motion at the exact moment when Pacioretty's head hits the post.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
It's a sign of how absolutely awful the NHL discipline level has become that what you're saying isn't just plain crazy. Colin Campbell won't discipline his sons team, and neither it seems will his secretary. Meanwhile his son's team gets into a time machine and become the sorest losers in the last 30 years.- Give up a league, injure somebody. Even after a player spends 10 minutes immobile on the ice, they're STILL sending out Lucic and Horton to try and start fights with smaller skilled players. There is simply no line they haven't crossed at this point. Something's gotta give.

Pax could've died last night. No joke.

Old
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Did someone say Max's parents were IN ATTENDANCE last night?

My god that must have been horrifying for them.

Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Cervical bones take 8-12 weeks to heal

so yeah, lookin at around 4 months recovery on that alone, not counting how severe the concussion is...

Old
03-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Did someone say Max's parents were IN ATTENDANCE last night?

My god that must have been horrifying for them.
As weird as this sounds, I am sure that was better than them watching it on TV or getting a cell phone call.

At least they were able to be there in person and know what was going on.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
I saw it live, he wasn't laughing but he had a really evident smile all up his face.
I'd like to see it, I'm wondering if it was more a look of shock. Shawn Thornton is all class and very intelligent. He may be a tough guy enforcer but he plays the game clean.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:10 PM
googlymoogly

Kaberle seems like a pretty class act. After last night and hearing some of Boston's management and Bruins actions in the third it would not surprise me if he tells them to **** off and not resign with them.

Closed Thread