HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 01:43 PM
go_habs_go

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Anybody else just wanting to see Pacman talk to the media? I know I do, for whatever reason i think it would comfort me alot more!

Old
03-09-2011, 01:44 PM
wakeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
Well NOT every game turns out this way, let's not go overboard here. The Bruins are a bunch of dumbass punks.

Just don't take him to a Bruins or Flyers game.
I know not every game is like this. Thankfully or there'd be no players left to play the game.

Still, not very pleasant. There were a whole bunch of kids in my section. I wonder how this'll affect their vision of hockey.

I remember when I was younger one of my friends was into wrestling, so he invited me and a few other people over to his house to watch. A while after it started, Owen Hart fell to his death. I know it's almost one in a million, but still it didn't make us want to become huge fans.

BTW, I'm not really trying to make a point, just thinking out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfGom View Post
Wow, what the **** crawled up McKenzie's ass? Totally unnecessary sarcasm, especially when the kid could have died in the ice.
No kidding. On his twitter feed he mentioned that he looks at all injuries from the point of view of a parent. Not too sure what view he thinks parents have.

Old
BobbyFischer*

Guys.... so, is the neck injury really a 2-4 week healing process....

I understand, he will be out for the year because of the concussion but is the neck injury really a 2-4 week or so thing.. pls tell me

Old
ILUVTHISGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
FYI Chara spoke to the Bruins reporters today after the hearing. He received no word on what decision the NHL would take.

He is trying to get in touch with Pacioretty.
I hope Patches directs him to his lawyer and then spits on him. There is nothing he can say that can make up for what he did. NOTHING

Old
03-09-2011, 01:45 PM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
no offense, I know you come in peace and with good intention, but keep your thugish Avatar off this board
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
The upside for the neck injury is he's a pro athlete. Being in insane physical shape when you got hurt cannot possibly be a bad thing, so I'd imagine if anyone is well situated to bounce back from a serious physical injury, it's an athlete.

Not saying you were out of shape or something, I'm just saying vs. the general population that Max has a leg up over the "averages."

Of course, the concussion is a second ball of wax.

@Cool---Im sorry my avatar offends you. I have literally done nothing here except send my wishes to Max, and give everyone here the absolute best info I can on his injury. I am almost positive there is no one here that has a problem with anything Ive said, so if my Avatar is the only real problem, then please feel free to add me to your ignore list.

@Lucius---I TOTALLY understand. Thats why before I had said I didnt want to compare the two, they are uncomparable, but still, I express my concern for him coming back to soon to a pro level. I just want to see him have the best career he can have, and not hinder it by an early arrival and a second injury. I do understand what you are saying, absolutley. I just think its best if he waits as long as he can.

Old
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Mackenzie's playing dumb because his job is to promote the NHL and what Chara did is anathema to enjoying hockey. So he's got to pretend what's black-and-white is actually shades of grey. McGuire will do the exact same thing today, even though he basically predicted Chara would try and hurt people yesterday before the game. Normally Pierre would love pointing out that he was right, but in this circumstance the whole professional national sports media will close ranks to protect Chara. Sad but oh so predictable.

That said, I lost a boatload of respect for McKenzie. How would he feel if Chara targeted his kid? What's so awful about this one is that Chara had already demonstrated that he was after Pax. The whole "I can't read his mind" is absolute nonsense and McKenzie knows it. Did Chara want to get suspended? No. But did he want to injure a guy he knew full well didn't have the puck? Or is it more plausible that a 14 year veteran Norris trophy winning defenceman doesn't know where his bench begins?
I could be wrong but I think one of Bob Mac 's kids did have a concussion issue.

Old
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Guy was just on the radio (990) who used to do video for the habs in the Scotty Bowman days and he made a devastating point: Chara's on the wrong side of the ice. The RD has already gone deep to get the puck, Chara's ONLY ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ICE because he's gunning for Max. He's a LD, what the hell's he doing protecting the right boards at the O blue line when we don't even have the puck? Looking to hit Pax, that's what.
That's ridiculous. It was the last few seconds of the period. It was an offensive zone faceoff. Chara was in position to shoot the puck.

Obviously this guy wasn't involved in the 'understanding hockey' side of things.

Old
lou4gehrig

Any word about Chara visiting him in the hospital or apologizing?

Old
03-09-2011, 01:46 PM
leshabitants44

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I still think this little ****ing warrior will be back this season. Not even a doubt in my mind.

As for Chara - my opinion is that Chara wanted to "get Max back" but I doubt he meant for it to be as severe as it was. I'm thinking Chara wanted Max to get a stinger for a minute or two and ended up coming close to ending his career/life.

Reckless and stupid play, should be given a huge supsension (10-15 games). I never liked Chara and like him even less after this but at the same time, I can't think of too many people who would want to dish out an injury that badly.
I'm with you, great news to hear that the neck will heal relatively soon, has given me a bit more optimism for him on a very dreary day. As for the concussion, let's hope wolverine still has his powers.

Old
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I could be wrong but I think one of Bob Mac 's kids did have a concussion issue.
Actually the scrambled eggs upstairs are probably genetic

Old
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Wow I just lost all my respect for Bob McKenzie.

Starting his column by attacking Habs fans like this?

Habs fans are the most passionate fans in hockey. Seeing one of your player laying motilonless, like he was ****ing death. Its normal that some fans lose their mind and talk with their emotions. Can't even understand that bobby?
Bobby Mac was dead on imo. Most of you are over reacting. Even if it was intentional, it deserves 4 games maximum imo.

It sucks that Max was finally playing his game where we all hoped he could and this happens but hockey is a dangerous sport. I hope Max makes a full recovery and is the same player next season.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:47 PM
caperhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVTHISGAME View Post
I hope Patches directs him to his lawyer and then spits on him. There is nothing he can say that can make up for what he did. NOTHING
I agree completely, this is jsut a PR stunt by Chara to cover his but. And the big dumb goon cant even fake remorse or concern. In his interview he actually tried to blame Max for "jumping" into the divider. REALLY?

Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Any word about Chara visiting him in the hospital or apologizing?
Heard on twitter by the Boston Bruins that he has been trying to get in touch with Pacioretty

Old
gusfring

Nothing is guaranteed concerning the concussion. He could be better in two weeks, or it could take months. Wait and see.

Old
AD

People attacking McKenzie because of what they perceive was the tone of his article is ludicrous.

McKenzie's words were balanced and fair.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:48 PM
sheed36

I've been reading other posts around HF about this incident and I was very surprised to see some people saying that Max had this coming to him simply because he gave Chara a little shove in a previous game..

Seriously what the hell is wrong with some people..

Old
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Sorry if already posted, but from Pacioretty's agent:

"Max sounds like himself. It is going to be a lot of work to heal and rehab, but his will power is one of his strengths."

Great to hear. Pacioretty doesn't have a history of concussions, so HOPEFULLY he'll get lucky and won't have too many complications with this one. Would love to hear in a few weeks that he'd be on track to be ready for training camp in the Fall. That would be amazing news IMO.

Old
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
Anybody else just wanting to see Pacman talk to the media? I know I do, for whatever reason i think it would comfort me alot more!

i just want him to rest not face the media and all that crap. I still remember when those bozos stormed koivu room during the habs and hurricanes match when he got cut in the eye by an uncalled high stick.

Old
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Heard on twitter by the Boston Bruins that he has been trying to get in touch with Pacioretty
How long does it take to teach an ape to use a phone?

Old
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
ya, he has been trying to get in touch with him ever since the OT goal too.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
Even if the stuff about Max missing 2-4 weeks is true, I really hope he chooses to stay out longer....Really. Just to be sure.

My spinal injury was a 5 vertabrae injury and I took a year off of sports. I thought I was fine and then went back. My first contact and I completely reversed all progress. I no longer participate in any of my sports, and never will. And that was years ago.

I really hope he takes it slow. It will be better for him. He's young, he's got time.
He won't be back because of the concussion anyway, I'm sure the Habs will take every possible care with him and won't rush him.

Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Guys.... so, is the neck injury really a 2-4 week healing process....

I understand, he will be out for the year because of the concussion but is the neck injury really a 2-4 week or so thing.. pls tell me
If it's just hairline fracture, it could only be a few weeks since Pacioretty is young. But then you have to rebuild your muscles in therapy etc. not including a concussion. He won't play until next fall and I really don't want him rushed back, I could care less if Montreal missed the playoffs.

Old
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
You can add the following:

If Chara lets him go, Montreal has a two on one.

It is a freak accident that the timing is exactly at the turnbuckle of the rink.

It would be no different if a player hits someone along the glass and the glass shatters causing injury. The turnbuckle is what caused the concussion, not the hit.

Watch the Johnson's hit on Smyth. No suspension given.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjb9X...layer_embedded
So if understand your statement, if some1 uses a gun to kill some1; the gun is to blame? You're friggen great man! Souless POS

Old
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I've been reading other posts around HF about this incident and I was very surprised to see some people saying that Max had this coming to him simply because he gave Chara a little shove in a previous game..

Seriously what the hell is wrong with some people..
Totally agree on that...

Old
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
Actually the scrambled eggs upstairs are probably genetic
explain yourself.

Closed Thread