HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pac severe concussion & verterbrae fracture (UPDATE: to practice in 4-6 weeks!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 11:11 AM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
See? This is a perfect example of the neanderthal-like thought process that was most probably going through Chara's mind since December when Pacioretty scored that OT winner.
Exactly. I think that's exactly how Chara and the bruins think. It's encouraged by fans, coaches and radio hosts.

They see this Pacioretty thing and think : "He had it coming". Because of a small innocuous shove at the end of a game, he deserved to get sent head first into the turnbuckle at full speed by an ogre.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:11 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
I'm hopping mad mcphee. Seriously.

DO SOMETHING!
Yell that out the window, it worked in Network. Don't lean too far.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:12 AM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
The league's in a bad position. I think Chara had that split second decision to make as to whether to let up. One angle suggests that he did anyways, and the discipline probably hinges on the intent vs. result vs. history. Last game , Chara gave him a 2 hander, unpenalized that was shown quite a few times. Now the league knows that Chara has targeted this guy. I don't belive that it's relative, deep down I don't, but your prior actions matter.
Chara has a history of gooning it up late in games against the Habs when Boston is losing. The head hit on Kovalev, attacking Latendresse and throwing punches when Lats still had his gloves on, trying to fight Komisarek while a ref was between them, throwing punches at Pacioretty while Max had his head in a lock from another Bruins players.....

But no..all we hear are excuses, he is too tall, it was frustration, he is just playing Bruins hockey...GMAB...

Old
03-09-2011, 11:13 AM
JackZap

JFChaumont: #Habs: Max Pacioretty a subi une fracture à au moins une vertèbre.

edit:looks like im late

Old
Gary320

Pacioretty has atleast one broken vertebra. That for sure will increase Chara's suspension.

Old
HH
GO HABS GO!

6-12 months from what I keep hearing.

Only problem is, how will he be when he comes back?

**** YOU CHARA!

Old
03-09-2011, 11:14 AM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Pacioretty has atleast one broken vertebra. That for sure will increase Chara's suspension.
lol stop kidding yourself...we now know it's going to be 5 games maximum...love seeing posters who still have faith in the league though. Kudos to you.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
...and Brian Savage.
Ummm I dont...think..thats....

Uuugh nevermind.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:15 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Wishful thinking! The league will hide behind the red herring "intent" argument and give the ****ing mutant 3 games maximum.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Le CH a confirmé que Max Pacioretty souffre d'une fracture à une vertèbre ainsi que d'une commotion. http://******/4aZIB
http://twitter.com/rdsca/status/45533152768294912

Ouch, very bad news.

Old
E = CH²

Quote:
See, I don't really believe that he did, but the phony bravado and tough talk can lead us to believe differently.
Pacioretty and Subban had targets painted on their back. Pacioretty said so himself. Everyone knew it. Chara saw pacioretty was in a vulnerable position and took advantage of it. He wanted to send MaxPac into the turnbuckle. Head first ? Probably not, but a big turnbuckle hit like you see in highlight reels where the guy gets up right away, but a little shaken up. That was what he wanted. To think a Norris trophy winner is not aware of his surroundings and didn't mean to do what he did is being extremely naive IMO. Price said it's BS and players know where they are on the ice. Eller said he thought Chara knew where the turnbuckle was. He did know, he did know what he was doing. I don't think he predicted Pacioretty's head going into it though, but that doesn't matter in the least for me.

Quote:
What I found kind of sad was the late game actions of Lucic and Horton. Historically, when something bad happens, players step back, evaluate and put things on the back burner for a bit. It points to the fact that Max' health matters more than them not liking Subban's face.

That spoke of Lucic and Horton as men and they came out looking small.
People talk about Subban lacking respect. THAT, Horton and Lucic's behavior.. THAT is the ultimate lack of respect and concern.

Old
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Ummm I dont...think..thats....

Uuugh nevermind.
...that was kind of my point.

Physically, he'll wear the jersey again. But injuries like this are cited in more careers than I count as "what if that hadn't happened" moments.

Old
NHLcrazy

If justice was made right Chara would suspended for the length of Pacioretty's injury. No salary. Would make players think twice before acting.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I'm no doctor, but... given that Pacioretty has movement below the spinal cord (we know he could move his legs), though broken vertebrae sounds bad (and it is serious...), we can safely say he's quite lucky and should fully recover.

6-12 months sounds about right, sadly. But most important is that he has a full recovery to normal life. And here's hoping he can be our pocket ace come next March!

Old
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
I will stay if made a Mod.

Just putting it on the table.

don't be ***** dear

Old
BJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
you guys are delirious if you think he's getting more than 1 game suspension... The NHL protects his star players for whatever they do. Pretty sad actually. If Gillies had done the EXACT same thing he's gone for 10+ games easy, no questions asked. Freaking joke.

And those stupid ''Chara is a clean player, he never did this before'' excuse make me sick. So if you commit a crime the 1st time it's ok? no problem? come on...

How many games did Mclaren got on his hit on Zednik? Freaking Bruins always using the same old dirty tactics...
Yeah, I don't think that OJ Simpson had a history of cutting people's heads off...

Old
sevil

absolutely brutal. What gets me is Chara went after Patches 3 games in a row included twice last night before he got him. When you watch the replay, Chara is what 6'7 he pushes upwards with his hit. How many taller guys push upwards when hitting a smaller guy? hand on his head and he knew where he was to me this has to be one of the dirtiest plays I have seen. Targeted him repeatedly for 3 games, no puck, high hit and even if it was against the boards and not the corner, he would have pushed his hit into the glass.

Part of me is a little p o'd at Jacques and Pierre. Jack hates the tough stuff and hates fighting. well when a team knows they can take cheap shots at our players all night and not have to worry about retribution then more of this is going to happen. Ie Subban getting targeted all night, Lucic on Pouliot and Chara on Patches. In my books, and if I was playing, somebody last night from the bruins would have gotten hurt, period.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
If justice was made right Chara would suspended for the length of Pacioretty's injury. No salary. Would make players think twice before acting.
Well that's never going to happen, they should have thought about it when the Bertuzzi incident happened and maybe the league wouldn't have been as bush as it is now

Old
03-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Just got the RDS text confirming that Max has suffered a severe concussion and a fractured vertebrae.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Gros Bill

Who here didn't think the Bruins would start gooning it up at 0-4? Right, we all knew it was coming. That organisation has always been like that, cheap shot artist chokers.

We are the goon squad and we're coming to town, Beep Beep.

Hope Paccioretty makes it back okay, in good time.

Old
03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
6-12 months from what I keep hearing.

Only problem is, how will he be when he comes back?

**** YOU CHARA!
We might lost one of our best prospect for ever because this game is played in a joke league.

what a ****ing disgrace

Old
03-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
tony just said c4 and c5 vertebre fracture

career threatening.

god DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN IT ^#$&^$%@&#$*#%^*#%(

Old
speed11

c4 c5 fraction

Old
Mr_Lyle

C4, C5 fracture according to Team 990. Guys, this is some serious ****. It's VERY bad.

Old
Canadian_Brewtality

unreal
could it get any worse? Mainly speaking from a Habs fan. Im glad Pacioretty is doing well, but once again we have been dealt a serious blow as an organization.

Does it really matter if Chara is suspended 1 or 15 games?
He will be fine & healthy come playoff time, while we will be down our quickest, most physical & efficient forward

Not only this year but who knows for how long

Closed Thread