HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs fans protest ideas against NHL *Check OP* (Protest at Bell Centre on Tuesday)

View Poll Results: Are you attending this rally?
Yes 7 5.79%
No 97 80.17%
No, but I support it 17 14.05%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Habiton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycarter View Post
Hey Habs fans, Leafs fan coming in peace/joining your protests.

Im not watching another NHL game until this league gets itself sorted out. Boycotting Molson will be hard for me, because I love Creemore, but that only means more Newcastle Browns. I cant afford to fly Air Canada anyways so thats a non-issue.

They have OUR money, but we can change that because we have the numbers. The Leafs have never seen a cent of my money anyways, but I am withdrawing my viewership from the league and sending out a few emails.

Cheers.
Thank you for your support!

Old
03-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgolt View Post
Bell taking action! and giving full support
Dude what are you talking about. No way Bell does this

Old
03-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

I think a mass printing of "Dirtbag Bettman" t-shirts are in order.

They could become fashionable around the league.

"Dirtbag Campbell"

and

"Dirtbag Murphy"

could follow

Old
03-10-2011, 07:33 PM
PyrettaBlaze

To those who were discussing the Air Canada situation, you posts have been move to this thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=888556

03-11-2011, 08:36 PM
JustAHabFan

A cry from the heart

Mods, please please do not merge this thread - It's important

A few days ago, Max Pacioretty lied motionless on the ice because Chara. Our fanbase was enraged and start a grassroot movement to ensure that such a scene will not happen again. We started an EMAIL campaign to the media, corporation, politicians. The media has talked about hockey violent. Air Canada, Via Rail has speaked up. Chara is investigated by the police. It look like we have some success. What have we done since? Nothing. A lot of our fans (myself included) spent a lot of time on the mainboard argueing with Bruins' fans. We will achieve nothing with these arguments. Have we won our battle? Absolutely not. Bettman is still mocking at us. He is still implying that we can't do anything against the NHL. Where is our pride? Where is our passion of a couple of days ago? We start to lose our way. We start to lose our objectives.

I would like anyone who go to this thread to contribute something to our movement. There is still Tim Hortons, Canadian Tires, etc that refused to denouce the NHL. Put back the EMAIL list. Put back the EMAIL contents. Make a commitment to stay on our board to discuss strategies that would advance our cause. Use our enegies, our efforts to help us achieve the ultime objectives: change the corrupted NHL so that we can get our game back.

For my contribution, I promise I will not post in any Chara related threads on the main board. I will go to the Bell Center on March 15 to protest against hockey violence. If any organizer of that event read my post, please provide a garbage can. I will get whatever Canadian Tire moneys I got left, tear them apart and throw it to the can. Any corporation condone violence will not get my money.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Old
03-11-2011, 08:56 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Seriously.

With the behavior of Bruin players this season, I truly fear for the safety of our players at this point.

Come on Molsons.

Pull the plug on the next game.

Make a REAL STATEMENT

Thoughts?

Edit by overlords: Here's the list of information we have so far.

NHL Sponsors :

Air Canada : media@aircanada.ca
Molson Coors : mcbcmedia@molsoncoors.com
Ford : https://secure.corporate.ford.com/fo...Topic=flmowner (can't find a straight email, this is their question/comment form)
Visa : askvisacanada@visa.com
Tim Hortons : customer_service@timhortons.com
Reebok : http://www.reebok.com/US/customer-service/contact-us
Canadian Tire : http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/co...34374303522191

Prime Minister Stephen Harper : pm@pm.gc.ca
Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff: Ignatieff.M@parl.gc.ca
Bloc leader Gilles Duceppe: Duceppe.G@parl.gc.ca
NPD leader Jack Layton : Layton.J@parl.gc.ca

Example of Draft letters I could get my hands on:

--------

To Air Canada,

I am e-mailing you to thank you for taking a courageous stand against the NHL's recent failures to police itself properly, specifically as it pertains to the complete lack of supplementary discipline for Zdeno Chara's hit on Max Pacioretty.

I ask you to remain consistent with that stand and to pull out of your sponsorship deal with the NHL if they do not rescind their decision to not suspend Zdeno Chara within the next 48 hours.

It is important for the sport that Canadians love from coast to coast to be seen as one that is safe for kids to play in, and to grow up to be professional players in should they have the desire to do so.

To that end, I fully support you in continuing to put pressure on the NHL to better police itself.

Thank you,

<Insert Name Here>

---------

To <Insert Company Name Here>,

Recent actions by the NHL's head offices leave me questioning your decision to be associated with the NHL through a sponsorship deal. The NHL has shown a lack of concern over the safety of its own players, which I hope does not reflect your own views on occupational health and safety.

I ask that you pull out of your sponsorship deal with the NHL, as Air Canada has recently threatened to do themselves. Otherwise, you may lose me as a customer.

Thank you for your time,

<Insert Name Here>

---------

Dear Mr. Ignatieff,

I am sending you this e-mail to applaud your courageous stand on the NHL's appalling lack of supplementary discipline over the Zdeno Chara hit on Max Pacioretty.

I greatly appreciate and thank you for quickly moving on this issue as many Canadians are passionate about hockey, and want to see a good clean and safe sport to play in.

I agree with you that head-shots are getting out of control in the NHL, and that the NHL needs to start doing something about it. If they don't, I fully support you in any efforts you make to have Parliament take action on this file.

Again, thank you!

--------

Dear

I am writing concerning your involvement with the NHL.

As a hockey fan, I am profoundly saddened by the direction that NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and league disciplinarian Colin Campbell are taking the game I love. Their stubborn attempts to transplant the game into markets traditionally dominated by football, baseball or basketball, has been characterized by violence-themed publicity campaigns, and it now seems that for every new, informed hockey fan, there are a dozen bloodthirsty louts.

Pandering to this group, the league has been dangerously negligent in punishing players whose reckless play has caused serious injuries.

I point to a March 8 game, in which Boston player Zdeno Chara checked Montreal player Max Pacioretty into a stanchion. Pacioretty suffered a severe concussion and fractured vertebrae. Chara was assessed a major penalty and game misconduct for the foul, but after review the NHL disciplinary committee elected not to impose any suspension, fine, or other punishment. Chara can suit up for Boston's next game. Pacioretty, 22, may never play hockey again. There are many other examples of insufficient punishment for on-ice violence causing serious injury this season. I am deeply disappointed at the message this sends to NHL players, fans, and the millions of children playing hockey.

I can no longer bear to watch my beautiful game being transformed into something ugly. And so, as long as Bettman & Campbell are running the league, I will avoid all products and services associated with NHL sponsors such as yourself. This is not because I am angry at your company, it is because I believe Bettman & Campbell like money much more than they like hockey, and this is the only statement they might understand.

Sincerely,
Are you fn kidding me pull the plug on the next game the Molson brothers own the team and run the business there is no way in hell thay walk away from even one games revenu or chance the fine and thus lost revenue by doing something as stupid as walking away from a game. Why would anyone seriously fill out and send in those letters leave it alone already let the NHL handle this stuff and be a fan for awhile not a whiner this stuff is starting to make me sad to say I am a HABS fan we apparently have a fanbase full of whiney little girls.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:02 PM
JustAHabFan

There will be camera at the protest at the Bell Centre, we have to pull some stunts. I propose that each protester to take some of our Canadian Tire money and tear them apart. Put pressure on Canadian Tire.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:09 PM
coolasprICE

@ the protest

Bettman Pinata

fill it with mini rats (cat toys) ...

smash away

Old
03-11-2011, 09:13 PM
The Hockey Socrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
@ the protest

Bettman Pinata

fill it with mini rats (cat toys) ...

smash away
Great idea actually, even if only for the stress relief part (but also sends a clear message).

Old
03-11-2011, 09:16 PM
hockey8888

everyone bring an extra pair of shoes & throw them at the goons when the game start

Old
03-11-2011, 09:30 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
There will be camera at the protest at the Bell Centre, we have to pull some stunts. I propose that each protester to take some of our Canadian Tire money and tear them apart. Put pressure on Canadian Tire.
Then CTC will just laugh as it will be less of that and more real cash they will make because you will have torn up the CTC money and don't have it to use. Do you seriosly think they will care if you tear up your crappy tire money I don't.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:40 PM
hockey8888

bring out your NHL fake jersey & burn them.
Oh, you could hang & burn Buttman doll at the same time too

Old
03-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
I got a response from Tim Horton's, in regards to pulling out from their sponsorship with the NHL. Can't post the e-mail in here, since it's against the terms they set, but I can say that they didn't say no. They reminded me that Tim Horton's has their youth program that NHL loves to promote, and how if the NHL doesn't handle things soon, they may be forced to think that it's just not proper to associate this kind of play with children.

That's all I can really say for now.

Old
03-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Habs Junkie

Anybody following the protests in Wisconsin?
They were all surrounding the politicians chanting: "shame,shame,shame,..."
Something along those lines would be good.

I really think we should protest outside of Palais de Justice however, seeing how a crime was committed on our land and we as a society want justice for the victim.

Old
03-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Newhabfan

My pledge.... you can join it.

This thread might get merged/nuked. I sincerely hope it won't happen.

From this day on...

- I will not eat/drink/buy Tim Horton's products
- I will not buy any Canadian Tire product
- I will not buy another Pepsi product
- I will not get another Bell service
- I will not enter another McDonald restaurant
- I will not buy another Reebok product
- I will not use my Visa card
- I will not drink another Molson/Coors beer
...(there are open slots for the ones I missed - please mention them and I'll add them)

...until these companies make official statements that clarify their position about the increasing violence in the NHL. Till then, I consider that, as sponsors, they condone the decisions taken by the NHL.

For all those services/products there are comparable alternatives.

Please join this pledge if you feel like it. It will take some effort from us, but if those companies see their weekly sales dropping by even 10% they will take action. Money is the only language that Bettman understands.

Old
03-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Habs

Well this earthquake in Japan has brought me back down to earth now.

lol, what if people cared this much about the real issues in canada?

Old
03-11-2011, 10:07 PM
ILUVTHISGAME

For goodness sakes, don't do anything even remotely violent...this is supposed to be in support of change.. change to eliminate gratuitous violence in the game of professional hockey.

sheesh...stop the violence already

'Faut qu' ça change!'

Old
03-11-2011, 10:09 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
I will go to Dunkin Donuts
I don't go to Canadan Tire
I will drink Coca-Cola
I don't have Bell anyway
Burger King is better
I will wear Nike gears
I'll get hold of a MasterCard
I only drink wine

Old
03-11-2011, 10:09 PM
jamz

Next time I go to Toronto I'm taking Via Rail to go and Air Canada to come back.

Old
03-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

No Visa? **** that noise.

EDIT: No Molson?!

Old
03-11-2011, 10:10 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
Next time I go to Toronto I'm taking Via Rail to go and Air Canada to come back.
#Winning.

I don't know about giving up Tim Hortons coffee, but I'm alright with the rest .

Old
03-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
#Winning.

I don't know about giving up Tim Hortons coffee, but I'm alright with the rest .
Tim Horton's cofee was the hardest one on the list.

I was going to add "I will not buy a Ford" ... but seeing how I actually owned one a while ago, the chances for that are really slim anyways

Old
03-11-2011, 10:14 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
This thread might get merged/nuked. I sincerely hope it won't happen.

From this day on...

- I will not eat/drink/buy Tim Horton's products
- I will not buy any Canadian Tire product
- I will not buy another Pepsi product
- I will not get another Bell service
- I will not enter another McDonald restaurant
- I will not buy another Reebok product
- I will not use my Visa card
- I will not drink another Molson/Coors beer
...(there are open slots for the ones I missed - please mention them and I'll add them)

...until these companies make official statements that clarify their position about the increasing violence in the NHL. Till then, I consider that, as sponsors, they condone the decisions taken by the NHL.

For all those services/products there are comparable alternatives.

Please join this pledge if you feel like it. It will take some effort from us, but if those companies see their weekly sales dropping by even 10% they will take action. Money is the only language that Bettman understands.
I did everything mentionned + unsubscribed from the NHL network with videotron!

Old
03-11-2011, 10:15 PM
The Hockey Socrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
#Winning.

Giving up brown hot water dishes they somehow call coffee....yup, did that 7 years ago.

Old
03-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
I did everything mentionned + unsubscribed from the NHL network with videotron!
I'm sure that really sends a message when you already paid for the season lol. But I will be doing the same for next season for sure!

Closed Thread