HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban named third star of the week

Old
03-21-2011, 11:31 AM
BeBen*

vCash: 500
Subban named third star of the week

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/316899.html

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...id=DL|NHL|home

Best buddies on this team are the future and they're the one getting the league wide recognition already

Last edited by BeBen*: 03-21-2011 at 11:47 AM.
BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:39 AM
holyhabs87

Pavelski had a siiiick week.

Congrats PK.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Good for PK

Here is the english link

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:43 AM
pine*

Good job, PK troll master Subban!

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:48 AM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Good for PK

Here is the english link

Added to OP thanks

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
All he does is win.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:55 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
peeeeeee kaaaayyyyyyy
suuuubbbbbannnnn

King Woodballs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Patccmoi

What a great week he had.

I have a little question about PK, and didn't feel like starting a whole new thread about it because there's enough on him already.

My question is about PK's rushes. What are his teammates supposed to do when he does them? By that I mean that often enough, PK will get in the other zone, even sometimes carry it all the way behind the net, and it seems like often he'll be all alone back there. Is it just a matter of his teammates not knowing what to do? Often I have the feeling that he should have created so much room on the ice by being in their zone with 2-3 guys on his back, but he's still all alone.

And when I think about his first goal last night, his teammates seemed to be cones as much as the whole other team. Isn't there a way they could use his rush for something, create confusion, get open ice opportunities...?

I often get the feeling that his team is just as confused about it as the other team, and all 4 other guys play defense in case he creates a turn-over. But obviously if you leave him alone 1v4 he will, but it seems like there's enough guys left to give him some decent passing options...

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post

I have a little question about PK, and didn't feel like starting a whole new thread about it because there's enough on him already.

My question is about PK's rushes. What are his teammates supposed to do when he does them? By that I mean that often enough, PK will get in the other zone, even sometimes carry it all the way behind the net, and it seems like often he'll be all alone back there. Is it just a matter of his teammates not knowing what to do? Often I have the feeling that he should have created so much room on the ice by being in their zone with 2-3 guys on his back, but he's still all alone.

And when I think about his first goal last night, his teammates seemed to be cones as much as the whole other team. Isn't there a way they could use his rush for something, create confusion, get open ice opportunities...?

I often get the feeling that his team is just as confused about it as the other team, and all 4 other guys play defense in case he creates a turn-over. But obviously if you leave him alone 1v4 he will, but it seems like there's enough guys left to give him some decent passing options...
I think it's because, when Subban does that. It is counter-system of the team.. so they have no idea what to do. Also.. they have no idea when Subban does it...

Martin really needs to use the SUBBY RUSH like a actual play, and try to practice the way players should position themselves when it happens.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post

I think that's Martin's system being very conservative. I don't know that dmen are encouraged to join the attack like this.

Case in point, Perry Pearn told Subban : I'd love to tell you that you can't do this. That's on his first goal.

When his teammates see him leave his position like that they cover for him. It's the safe play to make. That's why PK is being every ineffective offensively when he skates around the whole zone like that. Yesterday he got lucky but that move won't work very often. In a different system, he'd put up a lot more points IMO. Just my two cents.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 12:10 PM
danyhabsfan

Subban and Gomez have 35 pts.

Subban in less games and he also has more goals...

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Analyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
All he does is win.
Win is all he does.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote