HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Brennan

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2004, 01:24 PM
  #26
Mxpunk
Registered User
 
Mxpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: RPV, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,269
vCash: 500
As a side note, Kip can also play defense. I saw him at the Prospect Camp a year ago, and he was playing defense, like his brother Rich. Not terrible, but don't expect Leetch-skating from him either....

Mxpunk is offline  
Old
07-18-2004, 01:46 PM
  #27
Hordichuk_24
Registered User
 
Hordichuk_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,348
vCash: 500
Kip was originally a defenseman, that's why. Lessard was also a defenseman before however...

Hordichuk_24 is offline  
Old
07-18-2004, 02:16 PM
  #28
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,551
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk
As a side note, Kip can also play defense. I saw him at the Prospect Camp a year ago, and he was playing defense, like his brother Rich. Not terrible, but don't expect Leetch-skating from him either....
I forgot Rich was his brother. . . what's up with the Kings and the Brennan brothers. . . .

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
07-18-2004, 04:07 PM
  #29
Lessard Fretter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lessard Fretter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Lessard has been more impressive in the minors than he has in the NHL. I certainly didn't give him the win against Fedoruk in the fight from this past season. I thought Peters also edged him out in their fight this past season. In previous yeras he has also lost to Peat, Johnson, Godard, Boulton, and VandenBussche. Brennan has beaten VandenBussche, McAllister, Brown, Burnett, Sawyer just to name a few. I have nothing against Lessard, and it would be great if both Lessard and Brennan both played in Atlanta. But at this point, I don't consider Lessard much better (or any better) than Brennan.
Godard? That funny. Lessard has kicked his butt a number of times in past. And Johnson has not beat Lessard in the fights I've saw. Draws sure, but no real wins either way. But most of Lessard's fights in the NHL has been draws with no real damage either way, though many have been fun to watch, too. So that's part is true at least. I question you on the rest though as you seem to be showing solid bias here. But that's fine.

Lessard Fretter is offline  
Old
07-18-2004, 11:51 PM
  #30
Hordichuk_24
Registered User
 
Hordichuk_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,348
vCash: 500
Solid bias? Look who's talking. You are obviously a Lessard fan so you have the homer glasses on when judging him as a player and a fighter. That is understandable, and I don't blame you. I've been there too. I have my personal favorites which I am biased (at times) with too.

Lessard is an exciting fighter for sure. I'm not debating that. Because of his style, most of his fights are exciting.

Unfortunately a lot of people judge fights based on blood. Which doesn't work in Frankie's favor since he is a bleeder.

I feel Johnson edged out Lessard. Not a "clear win" so to speak, but he landed the better shots.

What happens in the minors doesn't matter. A lot of tough guys have huge reps heading into the NHL. And a good majority of them are busts. Until Lessard can prove himself in the NHL, he also fits in that category.

Hordichuk_24 is offline  
Old
07-19-2004, 09:42 PM
  #31
Lessard Fretter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lessard Fretter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Solid bias? Look who's talking. You are obviously a Lessard fan so you have the homer glasses on when judging him as a player and a fighter.
We are all bias to anything we make a stand on, regardless to what so called political correct folks may claim.

Anyway, I dont consider myself a "fan" of Francis Lessard's or any other player, though I do like him as a player. Furthermore, I follow hockey & I like the fighting too, when it happens that is. I've followed hockey for many years at various levels.

I'm not even just a Thrashers follower, I follow many teams & players, and cheer for quite a few, too, for various reasons. The Thrashers just happen to be located where I was born, Atlanta.

Oh yea, my handle is for Lessard's name & Fretter's name (He's a Thrashers prospect). I just happened to like how combining the two sounded, to be honest.

See, I like to watch a lot of other Thrashers players more than Lessard though I still think Lessard is a better enforcer than Brennan. And am most partial to goalies more than other players as I've played that position a bit myself.

Lastly, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this enforcer topic in this area.

Lessard Fretter is offline  
Old
07-19-2004, 10:31 PM
  #32
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,380
vCash: 500
Maybe a fight in camp can settle this issue once and for all.. Holly, Kaiped Krusader etc you've all got 'connections', I'm sure you could make up some nasty rumours to ensure such a fight will occur

Amen evil king is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 01:08 AM
  #33
Hordichuk_24
Registered User
 
Hordichuk_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessard Fretter
We are all bias to anything we make a stand on, regardless to what so called political correct folks may claim.

Anyway, I dont consider myself a "fan" of Francis Lessard's or any other player, though I do like him as a player. Furthermore, I follow hockey & I like the fighting too, when it happens that is. I've followed hockey for many years at various levels.

I'm not even just a Thrashers follower, I follow many teams & players, and cheer for quite a few, too, for various reasons. The Thrashers just happen to be located where I was born, Atlanta.

Oh yea, my handle is for Lessard's name & Fretter's name (He's a Thrashers prospect). I just happened to like how combining the two sounded, to be honest.

See, I like to watch a lot of other Thrashers players more than Lessard though I still think Lessard is a better enforcer than Brennan. And am most partial to goalies more than other players as I've played that position a bit myself.

Lastly, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this enforcer topic in this area.
True. I agree on a lot of what you said. And a lot of the same can be said for me.

Hordichuk_24 is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 02:00 AM
  #34
Gizmosonic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
I've seen that Fedoruk fight mentioned in this thread a few times and in fairness to Kip Brennan, Todd Fedoruk caught him with his forearm at the end of the fight, it wasnt a punch that sat him down.

Andrew Peters however, has knocked Brennan down 3x in 2 fights. Vandenbussche scored a knockdown on him as well, but I think someone mentioned that one already.

Is Chris Tamer no longer a Thrasher? I didn't see his name on the roster.

Gizmosonic is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 08:56 AM
  #35
ATLThrashers15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
No, Tamer is not a Thrashers player.

ATLThrashers15 is offline  
Old
07-26-2004, 01:38 AM
  #36
Lessard Fretter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lessard Fretter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmosonic
I've seen that Fedoruk fight mentioned in this thread a few times and in fairness to Kip Brennan, Todd Fedoruk caught him with his forearm at the end of the fight, it wasnt a punch that sat him down.

Andrew Peters however, has knocked Brennan down 3x in 2 fights. Vandenbussche scored a knockdown on him as well, but I think someone mentioned that one already.
All true as I recall, well said.

Lessard Fretter is offline  
Old
07-27-2004, 04:40 AM
  #37
Belanger25
ZUES!
 
Belanger25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Upland
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,713
vCash: 500
The only Couple of Fights here in LA that he got clocked was against Chris McAllister in preseason and Andrew Peters knocked the crap out of him in the one fight in LA. Had to have hit him cleanly 3 times right in the face. Kip's really only bad showing. He's messed up Jim Cummins and Garret Burnett.

Belanger25 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.