HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Offseason: Shea Weber or Ryan Suter?

Old
03-09-2011, 11:27 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanta Yo View Post
I don't do proposals, but I'll give it a shot with Kadri + Lupul + 1st rounder + pick/prospect for either. Other teams could do much better, but that's close to the maximum Leafs could give up without harming their future that Burke has slowly restocked.
I don't even think I would do that.

I really think it would be a bad idea to move Kadri unless it's part of a package that brings in a legitimate top line center.

I'm not saying the value is off, but it wouldn't be a very smart move for the Leafs to make.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
I don't do proposals, but I'll give it a shot with Kadri + Lupul + 1st rounder + pick/prospect for either. Other teams could do much better, but that's close to the maximum Leafs could give up without harming their future that Burke has slowly restocked.
that's a bit too much and would cripple us quite a bit pal.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Everlong
-

I'd be more interested in Suter if he reaches UFA, or one of their prospects like Ellis or Blum. A center is first priority though.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 05:58 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
I'd be more interested in Suter if he reaches UFA, or one of their prospects like Ellis or Blum. A center is first priority though.
This.

Leafs don't have the assets for anymore 3 for 1 deals.

Free agency and draft are crucial in the next 2 seasons IMO. Keep drafting well and acquiring assets instead of trading them. When the time comes and the team is competitive, then you look at moving non core assets for more needed ones.

After this season the Leafs own all their own future first picks. KEEP THEM.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsrule123 View Post
I hate it when people say this. Are Captain is Canadian. We only have 5 Americans on the whole team. We have mostly Canadian players (13 in total). But no Burkie loves his Americans...
Ugh - that's brutal.

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 06:25 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

weber will want to go to a cup contender (read: RED WINGS)

suter is possible

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Simcoe23

Seriously- all you people who want to trade for anyone and start your offers with Kadri need to GTFO of here. Can you please watch this guy play with the Marlies....he's going to be good and when he is, I want it to be in the blue and white.

Simcoe23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Baba Ganoush

Christian Ehrhoff.

we have no shot at Weber or Suter. lets not kid ourselves.

i just hope we can replace Kaberle, if not sign Kaberle himself.

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 03:54 AM
johnny_rudeboy

If they can not afford resigning any of those two they should not run an NHL team.

johnny_rudeboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 10:10 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsrule123 View Post
I hate it when people say this. Are Captain is Canadian. We only have 5 Americans on the whole team. We have mostly Canadian players (13 in total). But no Burkie loves his Americans...
This +∞

I think it's safe to say that any further mention of Burke laying favouritism on American players is just Trolling.

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 11:42 AM
reza87

Quote:
This is what the price for Weber would be. Unless Nashville went Sutter-mad, then he would just want Matt Stajan.

reza87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 11:54 AM
My Sweet Shadow

They'll re-sign both even if they have to move other players to make room. Weber and Suter are the Predators, both in the eyes of the fans and on the ice. They've had a revolving door of quality goaltenders, and their forward group relies on work ethic over a couple impact players. Weber and Suter have really been the only consistent pieces in their success. I just can't see them moving either.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
They'll re-sign both even if they have to move other players to make room. Weber and Suter are the Predators, both in the eyes of the fans and on the ice. They've had a revolving door of quality goaltenders, and their forward group relies on work ethic over a couple impact players. Weber and Suter have really been the only consistent pieces in their success. I just can't see them moving either.
They might not come over here, but I can definitely see one of them being moved for a consistent forward or a really good budding forward prospect because they are absolutely stacked in their defense, look at franson, that guy is like a mini weber, and he is in the team that has the real weber! lol

But I do agree with a lot of the people here, there are more chances of us getting suter in the UFA than via a trade.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote