HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2012, 07:54 PM
  #151
BLBarmada
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
Will the marlies be at the Telus cup ?

BLBarmada is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 08:03 PM
  #152
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
Will the marlies be at the Telus cup ?
Not the team McDavid is on, no. He's playing Minor Midget right now, which is where the vast majority of kids get drafted from into the OHL. The Telus Cup is for Midget teams.

Pick Six is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 08:13 PM
  #153
BLBarmada
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick Six View Post
Not the team McDavid is on, no. He's playing Minor Midget right now, which is where the vast majority of kids get drafted from into the OHL. The Telus Cup is for Midget teams.
What's the difference ?

BLBarmada is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 08:25 PM
  #154
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,678
vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
What's the difference ?
This.

Out west we have a different way bantam, midget and WHL drafting is done compared to the east so I would like an answer too.

R S is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 08:42 PM
  #155
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
What's the difference ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
This.

Out west we have a different way bantam, midget and WHL drafting is done compared to the east so I would like an answer too.
Ontario has Minor Midget. They seperate 15 year old and 16 year old players. Its like U16 and U18 in the states.

This year, Minor Midget is for all 96's aged players. Midget is for 95,94 and 93 aged players.

Tigers1992 is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 08:45 PM
  #156
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
This.

Out west we have a different way bantam, midget and WHL drafting is done compared to the east so I would like an answer too.
I still dont know how WHL teams draft bantam aged players. Its hard enough drafting minor midget aged players, let alone Bantam aged players. My hats off to all the WHL scouts out there.

Tigers1992 is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 09:00 PM
  #157
habsrule4eva3089
Registered User
 
habsrule4eva3089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
It's true, someone explain how the Telus Cup works. Minor Midget in Ontario is the equivalent to Midget AAA in Quebec and to the British Columbia Major Midget League as well as the Alberta Minor Midget Hockey League out west. Same can be said for the other midget leagues for rest of the provinces (NS,NFLD..etc..). I understand some are minor and some are major but the word ''midget'' applies to all, and most of the top midget teams in their respective provinces are compromised of 96's. I guess the lone difference is major midget in Ontario. For the Telus Cup how come we never see the Marlboro's or the Vancouver NE Giants from BC. I'm pretty sure every other province sends their best, it would be interesting if those teams were competing with the others. Would augment the competition that much more.

OOO Nevermind it's regional no wonder ...haha but still would be cool to see each province send one team.


Last edited by habsrule4eva3089: 03-08-2012 at 09:06 PM.
habsrule4eva3089 is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 09:07 PM
  #158
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFunnyWobbl View Post
I'd like to know also.
33 points in 14 playoff games
72 in 33 regular season games
19 points in 5 games in one tournament.
More points in other tournaments i dont have stats on.

Stats will be official and published when he is declared for the draft.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 09:08 PM
  #159
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
It's true, someone explain how the Telus Cup works. Minor Midget in Ontario is the equivalent to Midget AAA in Quebec and to the British Columbia Major Midget League as well as the Alberta Minor Midget Hockey League out west. Same can be said for the other midget leagues for rest of the provinces (NS,NFLD..etc..). I understand some are minor and some are major but the word ''midget'' applies to all, and most of the top midget teams in their respective provinces are compromised of 96's. I guess the lone difference is major midget in Ontario. For the Telus Cup how come we never see the Marlboro's or the Vancouver NE Giants from BC. I'm pretty sure every other province sends their best, it would be interesting if those teams were competing with the others. Would augment the competition that much more.

OOO Nevermind it's regional no wonder ...haha but still would be cool to see each province send one team.
Ya, its a midget aged tournament. For Ontario, you rarely if ever see 96's in Midget.

Tigers1992 is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 09:40 PM
  #160
The Scouting Report
Registered User
 
The Scouting Report's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Ontario has Minor Midget. They seperate 15 year old and 16 year old players. Its like U16 and U18 in the states.

This year, Minor Midget is for all 96's aged players. Midget is for 95,94 and 93 aged players.
93's don't play Midget, they have to move up to Juvenile or Intermediate (depending on the association).

The Scouting Report is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 02:51 AM
  #161
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,513
vCash: 500
Bobby Mac was talking about him on TSN today. Video is available on TSN.ca

Use the Schwartz* is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 10:00 AM
  #162
NHL Fanatic
Registered User
 
NHL Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
If he gets exceptional status I think he goes the same route as Ekblad and goes with the Orr group agency if they are not representing him already. He is very talented and deserves exceptional status, now its up to Hockey Canada now. Heard both rumors of him receiving and not receiving exceptional status so I guess we will have to wait a couple more weeks for the official decision.

NHL Fanatic is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 10:14 AM
  #163
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,032
vCash: 500
Funny how its at Iceland...


Last edited by HockeyGuruPitka: 03-09-2012 at 12:52 PM.
HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 11:11 AM
  #164
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
minor midget is for the best 15yo's who will most likely be trying out or moving on to junior teams in there 16 and 17yo seasons

midget consists of 16 and 17yo's.

bsmith14 is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 12:19 PM
  #165
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,451
vCash: 50
What I really like him is his character. From all the interviews I've read he's taking it very calmly, very respectable, and just seems like a winner. Very impressive for a dude not even in high school.

S E P H is online now  
Old
03-10-2012, 10:53 AM
  #166
OHLFan8771
Moderator
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
I really hope Mcdavid is given the exceptional status and goes to Erie. I know the kid would be absolutely loved here more so than a lot of other teams in the league.

OHLFan8771 is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 10:58 AM
  #167
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephtones View Post
What I really like him is his character. From all the interviews I've read he's taking it very calmly, very respectable, and just seems like a winner. Very impressive for a dude not even in high school.
Not that it takes away from your point but he would be in grade 9, wouldn't he?

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 11:02 AM
  #168
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 3,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Not that it takes away from your point but he would be in grade 9, wouldn't he?
Yes, he is in grade 9. He is trying to get exceptional status, because he is not yet of midget age (first year high school).

Pilgore88 is online now  
Old
03-10-2012, 03:59 PM
  #169
BLBarmada
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Yes, he is in grade 9. He is trying to get exceptional status, because he is not yet of midget age (first year high school).
In Quebec kid start high school in grade 7, so in Ontario it's grade 9 ?

BLBarmada is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 06:21 PM
  #170
Brooklanders*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 579
vCash: 500
Connor and mackinnon will be NHL busts. Bank on it.

Brooklanders* is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 06:54 PM
  #171
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
In Quebec kid start high school in grade 7, so in Ontario it's grade 9 ?
Yes.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 07:14 PM
  #172
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklanders View Post
Connor and mackinnon will be NHL busts. Bank on it.
NHL *stars

Use the Schwartz* is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 10:59 PM
  #173
shello
@WShello9
 
shello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ile-Perrot, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklanders View Post
Connor and mackinnon will be NHL busts. Bank on it.
Bold prediction

shello is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 08:47 AM
  #174
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
Bold prediction
no pretty much a jelous prediction...LOL

scoutman1 is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 12:53 PM
  #175
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,942
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
no pretty much a jelous prediction...LOL
What year is Nathan Noel and is he going to the Q next year?

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.