HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chara hit to be investigated by police

Old
03-10-2011, 03:12 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Believe what you want, this wasn't an accident. They play is awkward, but the NHL should be protecting the players. If you aren't in a good position to make a play, you should let go, not create a situation where a human being suffers a C4 vertebrae fraction and a severe concussion. If the NHL doesn't want to protect it's players who will? The NHL has to protect these human beings, they aren't puppets or robots used for hockey and only hockey. You can't say "this is a hockey play". I never want to see this ever happen again, to any player, even Chara... The players need to be protected, they play hockey for 20 years and after they have to live healthy lives, raising children, grand children. The NHL doesn't care about what happened to Max, this is not hockey I want to watch.
With that being said we had best take all hitting our of the game. Scott Stevens was a master at the head down open ice hit and put more than one player on the shelf with a big open ice hit. Lindros Kariya etc all suffered his wrath having their heds down. No police involvement there. Eric Cole got smoked broken C5 no police involvement there so why should it be here stupid is what I say this is.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 03:15 PM
CrAzYNiNe

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
The cops need to keep out of this it is an on ice incident and should be treated as such by the NHL and nothing more. It was ruled on and now should be put to bed.
You're absolutely right, I hate bringing the police into hockey, but if the NHL won't protect it's players then someone has too. I can't believe the NHLPA hasn't said anything. The players in league have no respect for one another and it's apparent that the league doesn't have respect for the players either. These human beings have a life to live after hockey, the NHL doesn't care about what they do after hockey since they won't be making money off of them after.

I have the same point of view as Max, the hit is awkward and weird, but show that the NHL doesn't support this by suspending Chara. This kind of hit should NEVER happen again, protect the players will ya.

Quote:
With that being said we had best take all hitting our of the game. Scott Stevens was a master at the head down open ice hit and put more than one player on the shelf with a big open ice hit. Lindros Kariya etc all suffered his wrath having their heds down. No police involvement there. Eric Cole got smoked broken C5 no police involvement there so why should it be here stupid is what I say this is.
Because this was a major for interference. Chara went out of his way to make an illegal play and caused bodily harm in the process. A lot of Stevens hit were more or less legal, it was the player who put themselves in harms way. This play, Chara put the player in harms way.

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze*: 03-10-2011 at 03:31 PM.
CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
DamianHabs

Quote:
The cops need to keep out of this it is an on ice incident and should be treated as such by the NHL and nothing more. It was ruled on and now should be put to bed.
Totally wrong. The NHL has proven itself incapable of policing its own sport. Truth is, our league is a joke. Hockey is the greatest sport and yet it's a joke. This "boys will be boys" and "we take care of our own" BS is what's killing this game.

In no other team sport is fighting tolerated. You don't think tempers flair on the football field? And this bs about how if we take away fighting, the stick work will escalate exponentially is so maddeningly dumb. The NHL treats its players like they're brain dead robots devoid of the ability to make judgments. God forbid we require that our barely educated Canadian farmboys pull up before slamming a hated opponent's head into the glass, because our sport is just too fast and our players are just too dumb to be able to do so. We certainly can't ask them to refrain from fighting because, well, you know, they're incapable of controlling their emotions. You wouldn't prevent two gorillas beating on each other at the zoo, would you?

This league has proven that they're incapable of protecting the players and boosting up the integrity of its sport. Time to get NON HOCKEY people in the position to make judgments on vicious and borderline criminal hits, and time to get the "good old boy network" especially neanderthals like Colin Campbell out of there.

I seriously hope that a criminal investigation is launched into this and I hope that Air Canada pulls its support for the league and I hope that Patches' family launches a civil law suit. Enough is enough. Let's not wait until somebody dies.

DamianHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Actually the biggest pile of BS is:

"I was riding him out, and it was very unfortunate that at the same time I pushed him he kind of leaned and jumped into the glass extension."

Right, he leaned and jumped into the extension. Please excuse me while I move away from the lightning strike...

Why not just say: 'Sorry, I didn't mean to do it.'

same here. I thought Chara knew what he was doing, just didn't plan for it to go this way. After the game, when he talked, it confirmed it for me. Someone who just knocked someone out along the boards and fractured their neck would just say, everything happened so fast, I'm sorry. I just felt no remorse from Chara, and that he was stumbling on words he already knew he was going to say. Really gave me a bad vibe, the kind when you know you caught someone doing something wrong, but you don't want to believe it.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote