HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Streit to the Oilers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2011, 11:46 PM
  #51
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.
 
Epictetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,548
vCash: 2050
Really quick no.

Epictetus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2011, 11:57 PM
  #52
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post

I think he was referring more to the demands for like like Hall+ or their 1st rounder+.

I think the OP's proposal was about as silly as Hall+ or the Oilers 1st rounder+ for Streit.

The isles best d-man for
A 2nd pairing d-man.
A smallish forward,who's struggled offensively in his first 5 pro seasons.
A 4th liner.


Last edited by CREW99AW: 03-13-2011 at 12:04 AM.
CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 12:01 AM
  #53
Seph
Registered User
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oregon
Country: South Korea
Posts: 15,772
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I think the OP's proposal was about as silly as Hall+ or the Oilers 1st rounder+ for Streit.

The isles best d-man for
a 2nd pairing d-man
a smallish forward, who in 5 nhl seasons has never scored more then 37 pts
a 4th liner.
I agree that the OP is equally silly, if not moreso. But that doesn't make the Oilers' 1st rounder+ for Streit reasonable either.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 12:08 AM
  #54
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I agree that the OP is equally silly, if not moreso. But that doesn't make the Oilers' 1st rounder+ for Streit reasonable either.
I agree that the rebuilding Oilers,aren't moving any lottery picks or top prospects for 33 yr old Streit.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 01:39 AM
  #55
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,452
vCash: 50
Not happening. We'd probably have to do something more like Gilbert/Omark for Streit

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 03:03 AM
  #56
IKEA
Registered User
 
IKEA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
Maybe if Wang was GM too!
- but really, that's a really low ball offer, truly unrealistic. Streit's a talented offensive d-man, wasn't he kicking in 60+ point seasons?

IKEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 03:52 AM
  #57
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™
 
CASUAL KEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sk, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
No.... they're offering something of lesser value if you read the origional post.

Nothing of value... that's like Jeff Finger or Sheldon Souray@5.4M.

Lesser.
Gilbert is horrible @ 4.2 cap hit. Brule is a bust and Stortini is nothing but a goon. I fail to see any value there.

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 06:40 AM
  #58
Seph
Registered User
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oregon
Country: South Korea
Posts: 15,772
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
Not happening. We'd probably have to do something more like Gilbert/Omark for Streit
That's really not much better than the OP for the Islanders.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 10:10 AM
  #59
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
Not happening. We'd probably have to do something more like Gilbert/Omark for Streit
This ain't the fantasy board buddy

Isles would have zero interest,in a small pp/shootout specialist like Omark.They just dumped Schremp.And Gilbert is a clear downgrade from Streit.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 10:19 AM
  #60
TheNextOneX
Registered User
 
TheNextOneX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lausanne
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Forget it.


Streit should be trade with a contender.

TheNextOneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 11:12 AM
  #61
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextOneX View Post
Forget it.


Streit should be trade with a contender.

He's on a team friendly contract for 2 more seasons.

With the isles front office,coaches and players saying they think they can compete for a playoff spot as early as next season,the isles don't want to trade their best defenseman.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 11:14 AM
  #62
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,828
vCash: 500
streit should not be traded and he should lead the isles into the playoffs next year, i really cant wait to see hamonic and streit on the pp together setting each other up for 1 timers from the point

if streit was healthy this season the isles make the play offs, and having jurcina as just a throw in, hes been an unsung hero for the isles, it can actually be argued that if he stayed healthy all season the isles would make the play offs if u compare their record with him playing to their record without him playing

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 01:38 PM
  #63
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Fantasy trades like the one proposed by the OP,are best kept on the OP's team board.That way,there will be a least one blind homer who agrees "yeah,that's totally fair"

Isles just put Schremp on waivers because they have a logjam in the top 6 and the smallish Schremp wsn't gritty enough for the bottom 6.Do Oiler fans really believe the isles want little Brule over Moulson,Tavares,PA,Grabner,Neilsen or KO in their top 6?

Or that the Isles would consider Gilbert to be an upgrade over Streit?
So not a single thing you said addressed my post, did you quote the wrong one?

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 01:43 PM
  #64
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
This ain't the fantasy board buddy

Isles would have zero interest,in a small pp/shootout specialist like Omark.They just dumped Schremp.And Gilbert is a clear downgrade from Streit.
I agree that the Isles won't do this, but Omark and Schremp don't play anything alike. Omark is a very good skater, and is very strong on the puck despite his size. He also draws a ton of penalties.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 07:50 PM
  #65
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
So not a single thing you said addressed my post, did you quote the wrong one?
No I didn't quote the wrong post.

You mocked Hyedray's comment about the Oilers 1st having to be in a Streit deal,by suggesting Tavares be in the deal.

My suggestion is that fantasy trades are best left on a poster's team board.There's usually at least one other homer who thinks the trade is 'doable or 'really fair'.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 07:59 PM
  #66
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I agree that the Isles won't do this, but Omark and Schremp don't play anything alike. Omark is a very good skater, and is very strong on the puck despite his size. He also draws a ton of penalties.


OMark is not pushing Moulson,Tavares,Parentua(sp),Grabner,Neilsen or Okposo out of the top 6.He's not pushing Comeau,Bailey or Martin off the 3rd line.

Add in Nino is expected to challenge for a roster spot next training camp and you can see why the Isles would not be in the mix for OMark.

If he was on the isles,he'd be a pp/shootout specialist like Schremp was.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 08:31 PM
  #67
Gillies Mustache
Registered User
 
Gillies Mustache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Burkina Faso
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
This proposal made me shed a single tear.

Gillies Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 11:50 PM
  #68
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,749
vCash: 500
I would probably do Streit for the Oil 1st.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 03:17 PM
  #69
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
No I didn't quote the wrong post.

You mocked Hyedray's comment about the Oilers 1st having to be in a Streit deal,by suggesting Tavares be in the deal.

My suggestion is that fantasy trades are best left on a poster's team board.There's usually at least one other homer who thinks the trade is 'doable or 'really fair'.
Im still waiting for the quote where I said its doable or fair. Someone said start with Hall+.

I said pretending Tavares is not an islanders is Streit worth Tavares+ or was that poster being stupid (which he was).

You then went off on some tangent about bad trades when I still have not commented on the OP's trade

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 03:19 PM
  #70
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Fantasy trades like the one proposed by the OP,are best kept on the OP's team board.That way,there will be a least one blind homer who agrees "yeah,that's totally fair"

Isles just put Schremp on waivers because they have a logjam in the top 6 and the smallish Schremp wsn't gritty enough for the bottom 6.Do Oiler fans really believe the isles want little Brule over Moulson,Tavares,PA,Grabner,Neilsen or KO in their top 6?

Or that the Isles would consider Gilbert to be an upgrade over Streit?
I'll re-quote your post for you. Again where does this relate to anything I said in the thread?

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 06:56 PM
  #71
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Im still waiting for the quote where I said its doable or fair. Someone said start with Hall+.

I said pretending Tavares is not an islanders is Streit worth Tavares+ or was that poster being stupid (which he was).

You then went off on some tangent about bad trades when I still have not commented on the OP's trade
You didn't say it was doable or fair.You mocked Hyedray's counterproposal.

You should have been mocking the OP's trade proposal.


I pointed out to you that fantasy proposals, are best left to team boards.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 05:36 PM
  #72
ISLESnPANTHERS
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Islanders are in need of a legit #1 d-man which streit is, so why would we trade him?

Makes no sense for the isles

ISLESnPANTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:05 PM
  #73
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
You didn't say it was doable or fair.You mocked Hyedray's counterproposal.

You should have been mocking the OP's trade proposal.


I pointed out to you that fantasy proposals, are best left to team boards.
I guess I've missed the part where they made HF's Trade Board into reality instead of just fantasy.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:33 PM
  #74
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I guess I've missed the part where they made HF's Trade Board into reality instead of just fantasy.

As I said,fantasy proposals where a poster's favorite team, lands a quality player for spare parts,is best kept on the poster's favorite board.Less mocking and more comments about how fair or doable such a trade would be

The isles could use a quality,top pairing d-man.One in his prime and on a team friendly contract.

It'll stink to lose Nielsen,but if the cost is basically Nielsen,Eaton and Haley for a top pairing d-man..I'm guessing Snow jumps at that fair and doable deal

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:47 PM
  #75
SMantzas
Church of Corsi
 
SMantzas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
how about eberle for streit....straight up

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.