HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins’ Lucic explains his attempts to get Habs’ Pouliot to fight (READ THE 1st POST)

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Haddock

vCash: 500
Bruins’ Lucic explains his attempts to get Habs’ Pouliot to fight (READ THE 1st POST)

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2011/03...liot-to-fight/

Quote:
“Well, he fought [Krejci]. He’s pretty tough when he fights [Krejci] but when he has to fight a guy his own size he clearly won’t do it.”

“I mean, you know … that was the only opportunity for let’s say myself, because that was the only opportunity I was on the ice with him. So that’s why, I felt like even if you don’t fight, you still let the guy know.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
RULES
  1. Ragging on a player from an opposing team is fine. However, there is a limit. When you start wishing HARM or DEATH on this player, it is considered TROLLING. This is stated CLEARLY in the site rules.
  2. It is also NOT accepted to call a player mentally ********. Those words were being thrown around so much in this thread to the point that it just became downright offensive.
  3. If a fan of an opposing team makes a post where he/she is solely stating their opinion on the situation (in a respectful manner, of course) then you have no right to call them a troll/tell them to GTFO/etc. This is considered flaming.
  4. Us, Montreal mods, have NO interest in hearing how other mods are running things on their board. It is a different situation over there and we can't do anything about it.

I also highly suggest everyone to consult the site rules.

Don't cry if you receive an infraction. The rules are clearly stated.

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 03-10-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old
03-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Habit11

Krejci fought Cammalleri!!!!!!!!!!! The stupidity of that team is becoming other worldly. Thornton fought Hamrlik and Boychuk fought Spacek. Wow, these guys are dumber than we think.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Optimus Price

Oh hi, Lucy.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Haddock

The guy who wrote the article has a better approach than most people in Boston these days:

Quote:
Considering a Montreal player had been rushed to the hospital a period earlier, it seemed a tad inappropriate that at the tail end of the Bruins’ 4-1 loss last night Milan Lucic was trying to challenge Benoit Pouliot to a fight.

It becomes very inappropriate when you learn that, as suspected, Lucic was trying to send a message to Pouliot for something that took place in a game a month ago — a fight between Pouliot and David Krejci Feb. 9 — and not something that happened at the Bell Centre last night.

(...)

But regardless of what happened a month ago between Krejci and Pouliot, Lucic’s attempt to ignite a second bout was ill-timed both in terms of the time left in the game and the proximity in time to the Chara/Pacioretty hit.

Old
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Any other game I wouldn't blame Lucic for trying to fight Pouliot. But after the whole Chara/Pacioretty incident everything else seems petty and pathetic. Julien should have told his guys to not provoke anything and just get out of that game with what little dignity the bruins had intact. Instead Lucic and Horton are out there trying to goad our guys into fighting. Totally classless, they forget rather quickly that a teammate had just been carried off on a stretcher. Not the right time to seek retribution, not too mention the fact that Spacek and Pyatt also received beatdowns from Bruins tough guys after the pouliot fight.

Old
Ross MacLochness

Lucic is nine cents short of a dime, folks, to put it lightly. No one should be interested in this meatheads' opinion on anything.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
The Boston Bruins are making it seem like Lapierre was a mute.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Krejci fought Cammalleri!!!!!!!!!!! The stupidity of that team is becoming other worldly. Thornton fought Hamrlik and Boychuk fought Spacek. Wow, these guys are dumber than we think.
...ummm Pouliot did fight Krejci.

Its on youtube, brosef.

Old
Jigger77

Complete goon.

What's he going to do to him next game? Hit him from behind? Break his leg?

I wish I were kidding. Seriously what's next?

Old
neofury*

I think you're expecting Lucic to be a smart guy or something. He's a hockey thug whose a talented hockey player, that doesn't make him smart.

Old
03-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post

Its on youtube, brosef.
Right, after Krejci challenged him. Then, when Pouliot dropped him in one, he held up and let the refs come in instead of continuing to pound. Pouliot plays the game like a gentleman. Lucic is a big monkey.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:00 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Totally ridiculous. First of all if you watch the video, Krejci goes after Pouliot. They both square off, and drop the gloves. They fight, Krejci gets knocked on his ass. End of fight. End of story.

The fact that Lucic was seeking some sort of "redemption" is completely absurd. If he's getting his panties in a wad about Pouliot fighting a smaller guy like Krejci, I wonder how he feels about Thornton going after Hamrlik or Boychuk going after Spacek. And as the writer mentioned, the fact that he was doing it a period after Pacioretty got his neck broken, really makes you question the appropriateness of the entire situation.

Sometimes I really wonder if the city of Boston is located on another planet altogether.

Old
Le Casque de Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
In other words:

I acted like usual, a cavemen with no brain. "uba uba fighttt i want to fight".

Even the boston blogger doesn't defend him. Picking a fight after a guy had broken his neck against a guy who fought fair and square with his teammate. Go buy a ****ing brain.
It's getting obvious that this guy has some serious mental issues. He really looks like some moronic kid in big need of ritalin.

Yeah, that was ok for Krejci to fight the ogre Mike Cammalleri.

Old
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:

Its on youtube, brosef.
He's saying Krejci (Bigger than Cammalleri) fought Cammalleri and no one went out asking Krejci to fight. Krejci wanted to go with Pools for some stupid reason.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:01 PM
EmelinBOOM74
NHL Managerial Guru

Meanwhile Lucic pretended he was deaf when Laraque chased him around the ice. Unbelievable. Lucic has a reputation of fighting smaller guys and/or guys who don't usually fight. I can count one legitimate fight against Chris Neil which he dominated but Neil gives up about 5 inches and easily 20-30 pounds.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:01 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Did Lucic forget that Krejci provoked Pouliot into that fight? Pouliot did his best to maybe something like "no I'll probably beat you down". Meanwhile Thornton and his thugs did everything possible to engage non fighters into a beatdown.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:02 PM
merano

When is the NHL going to start some discipline on comments like Lucic and Marchand!

Oh wait only Avery gets suspended talking about SLOPPY SECONDS!

So Lucic do you want Krecji SLOPPY SECONDS!

Old
03-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Habs

Julien doesn't have full control of his team, or the reverse is also true. He either sent out Lucic to send a message, or he never took control of his team and told them to settle down. I find both scenarios disturbing, to be honest.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:04 PM
HabsAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Price View Post

Oh hi, Lucy.
I don't remember that. What happened? Did tough guy Lucic fight BGL? Did Lucic beat BGL to a pulp?

Does anybody remember what happened?

Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Its on youtube, brosef.
He's saying that if you want to talk about big guys going after smaller guys, Krejci (6'0", 178 lbs) did fight Cammalleri (5'9", 180 lbs).

(And yes, in this context, "big" is relative..no homo)

Old
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He's saying Krejci (Bigger than Cammalleri) fought Cammalleri and no one went out asking Krejci to fight. Krejci wanted to go with Pools for some stupid reason.
Ah...I see it now.

I was thrown off by the ten thousand exclamation marks.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsAddict View Post
I don't remember that. What happened? Did tough guy Lucic fight BGL? Did Lucic beat BGL to a pulp?

Does anybody remember what happened?
The look on Lucic's face should give you a pretty good idea.

Old
Nedved

lol. you can't help but laugh at the thought process.

Old
EmelinBOOM74
NHL Managerial Guru

Bruins Hate List:
1) Lucic
2) Chara
3) Marchand
4) Thornton
5) Julien
6) Boychuk
7) Horton

Old
Stradale

And when White fought Boychuk who previously tried to take out Subban's knee, even if White was the clear winner, gave Boychuk a little "respect" tap on Boychuk, that's class and mutual respect. Price could have hit Thomas when he was down too.. why not? because we have are not a ****ing animal.

But Lucic...

Closed Thread