HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins’ Lucic explains his attempts to get Habs’ Pouliot to fight (READ THE 1st POST)

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Guy Caballero

vCash: 500
The Bruins all pick on guys who are smaller than they are. That doesn't make you a man. It makes you a schoolyard bully punk. Chara is their leader because he's the biggest. It's like you're talking about apes.

Meanwhile, the Habs' leader is the one with the biggest heart. That's the difference between the two cultures right there.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers View Post
I was there last week, I left a bit of a mess. Mind where you step and for God's sake, don't look up and if you do, don't open your mouth when you gasp.
It's allright. VCX went after you and licked it all up.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:31 PM
AlexGalchenyuk94
NHL Managerial Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBP81 View Post
I'm I the only one who thinks Pouliot can handle Lucic in a fight?
I think Lucic would win, but Pouliot has a chance. Pouliot gives up alot of weight to Lucic. If I was Pouliot, I wouldn't have fought him either. Pouliot's job is to score, not take on a moronic goon. Did anyone go after Boychuk for going after old man Spacek ? I think not.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Frankenheimer

The problem is that the Bruins have too many goons and not enough goons to fight in any given game, so it's always going to spill over to players that don't normally fight, like Pouliot.

I both hate and love Lucic. He's good for the rivalry. Hopefully he doesn't do something stupid, but these types of players usually tone it down as they get older.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:36 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Highly doubt it. Although, very surprisingly, Pouliot has the best punching technique out of entire roster. Straight shots down the middle, no looping punches. Wouldn`t be surprised if he boxed a little or watched the sport.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKSubban View Post
I think Lucic would win, but Pouliot has a chance. Pouliot gives up alot of weight to Lucic. If I was Pouliot, I wouldn't have fought him either. Pouliot's job is to score, not take on a moronic goon. Did anyone go after Boychuk for going after old man Spacek ? I think not.
Well, White sure went after him 2 min in the game. It was following a dangerous move on PK also though.

But nobody ran after Campbell for what he did to Pyatt. Imagine how that would have ended with Daddy being there...

Old
03-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Habbadasher

I understand standing up for your teammate, but it was a fair fight, and the timing of his actions were really inappropriate. But this is what happens when 5 guys are allowed to ambush the opponents, the the last five minutes of the game no less, and nothing is done.

NHL

Old
03-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

I am appalled by this.

I really don't want to fuel the fire with comments that are emotional and non-constructive...

But Lucic and his goonery can go **** himself. This whole team, their announcer and some of their fans are completely insane. They keep this spiral of anger and violence fueled on their own. They overreact to everything Habs players do. They spin it completely out of proportions. From Marchand's words before the game, to Edwards "Someone is going to rip his head off" type of comments, I can't believe the amount of garbage surrounding this hockey team.

They really need to clean up the air over there. They may call us whiny *****es and what not, but I'd MUCH rather be that then just... always angry, reckless and excitable.

I hope the Canadiens don't change a single thing. I want a hockey team. I want talent. I want to win by outplaying the opponents. Not by murdering them. Not by bullying them. Not by punching them.

This is hockey. Not wrestling. Not the UFC.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:43 PM
NewGuy

I think it all comes down to wanting to beat someone up.

That's the mentality of their entire organization and fanbase. It goes down through the team president, GM, coaches, players, media and fans.

How often do they take some small insignificant incident and blow it up into someone needing to be dealt with.

- Subban chirps so he needs to "stand up" for his actions.
- Subban throws a legal body check so he needs to "answer the bell".
- Pacioretty pushes Chara so he needs to "stand up" for his actions.
- Pouliot actually "answers the bell" when challenged, but unfortunately he wins so he'll need to "stand up" for himself again.

"Stand up", "Answer the bell" and all the other little euphemisms that their players, fans and media only mean that someone needs to get beat up. They aren't interested in any fair fights, just beatdowns.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:43 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
A bunch of gorillas with Chara being the silverback.
No they are more like chimpanzees. Gorillas are more like Laraque, if you challenge them they rip your limbs off, just show respect and they will enjoy your company. Chimpanzees on the other hand will try to rip off your reproductive organs and bite you in the face to deform you, this sounds more like the Bruins.

Last edited by googlymoogly: 03-10-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old
03-10-2011, 12:45 PM
shortcat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
But we'd still love to have him on our team.

Remember Chris Nilan? He was even dirtier than Lucic (though that was more the norm in the league at the time).

The irony about that was that Nilan came from the Boston area. There's irony for you.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Funny how you avoid what this thread is about huh...
The thread is about Habs fans bashing Lucic for his comments about Pouliot not fighting him. I really don't see how his comments were bad, he even said something like 'even if the other guy doesn't fight, you let him know'. So what is so bad about his comments? It's not like he grabbed him and started fighting him. Pouliot did the exact same thing that you are bashing Lucic for doing with Laraque a couple of years ago.

So when Lucic declines to fight Laraque because he has nothing to gain by fighting him and will lose you bash him.

When Pouliot declines to fight Lucic because he has nothing to gain by fighting hum and will lose now you bash Lucic, the guy trying to initiate. That definately seems like a double standard to me.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
The thread is about Habs fans bashing Lucic for his comments about Pouliot not fighting him. I really don't see how his comments were bad, he even said something like 'even if the other guy doesn't fight, you let him know'. So what is so bad about his comments? It's not like he grabbed him and started fighting him. Pouliot did the exact same thing that you are bashing Lucic for doing with Laraque a couple of years ago.

So when Lucic declines to fight Laraque because he has nothing to gain by fighting him and will lose you bash him.

When Pouliot declines to fight Lucic because he has nothing to gain by fighting hum and will lose now you bash Lucic, the guy trying to initiate. That definately seems like a double standard to me.
How about he wasn't feeling like fighting because his teammate had just been carried away to the hospital on a stretcher?!

Jesus...

Old
03-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Picaroon

The NHL neeeeeds to step in. I can't handle this much longer. I don't want to see someone get hurt like Patch ever again. This league has turned a blind eye for too long. Confront the Bruins.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:

Pouliot will never call out a guy in the media because he didn't want to fight him, he's not a tough guy

Lucic act like a tough guy but he pee on himself when Laraque wanted to fight him.

if he's not a tough guy he should shut his mouth

Old
03-10-2011, 12:53 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
I think it all comes down to wanting to beat someone up.

That's the mentality of their entire organization and fanbase. It goes down through the team president, GM, coaches, players, media and fans.

How often do they take some small insignificant incident and blow it up into someone needing to be dealt with.

- Subban chirps so he needs to "stand up" for his actions.
- Subban throws a legal body check so he needs to "answer the bell".
- Pacioretty pushes Chara so he needs to "stand up" for his actions.
- Pouliot actually "answers the bell" when challenged, but unfortunately he wins so he'll need to "stand up" for himself again.

"Stand up", "Answer the bell" and all the other little euphemisms that their players, fans and media only mean that someone needs to get beat up. They aren't interested in any fair fights, just beatdowns.
lol.

All predicated on an inferiority complex that entire city has. If I kept loosing over and over and over again to my arch rival no matter how much better my team was, I`d probably go loco too and demand moral victories wherever I can get them.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:55 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:

Lucic tried to do this while another Hab team mate was heading to the hospital not knowing how serious his health was, and your disgraceful team is trying to pull crap still. The Habs were just going through the motions in the third period, they were dumping the puck a lot they just wanted to get the game done and over with but the Bruins show no respect with that stupid little stunt at the end.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:56 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
I'm a Bruins fan and i think Pouliot would do great against Lucic. He looked really good against Krejci, maybe he should do it more.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:58 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
lol.

All predicated on an inferiority complex that entire city has. If I kept loosing over and over and over again to my arch rival no matter how much better my team was, I`d probably go loco too and demand moral victories wherever I can get them.
This is utter stupidity on their behalf, I think their water has mercury and it's frying their brains. New Jersey has had our number for over a decade and I don't want to bash their skulls in.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcat1 View Post
But we'd still love to have him on our team.

Remember Chris Nilan? He was even dirtier than Lucic (though that was more the norm in the league at the time).

The irony about that was that Nilan came from the Boston area. There's irony for you.
Nope. Not him. A tough guy who can score goals, sure, but a person like him, I don't think so. Both his words and actions are too stupid to defend.

Old
03-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

No, the problem is the timing. MaxPac had left on a stretcher about 20min before after a devastating hit. The game was 4-1, there was no point to this whatsoever.

Also, I believe it was Melnik that said it best a few weeks ago. When has it become a necessity for players to seek retribution after opponents commit perfectly legal and clean hits/fights?..
Krejci challenged Pouliot. He lost. Why exactly does Pouliot need to answer the bell?..did he do anything wrong??? No, he won a fight, fair and square, and actually stopped punching once the opponent was down.
PK hits Marchand clean at the blue line. Now everybody is running after him because of it??...Why? It was a clean hit.
Oh...you hit my teammate cleanly! How dare you! You should not be allowed to check any of our players!!!!

What the heck seriously. If we were talking about something dirty, then okay. Begin crosschecked Savard from behind, and the next year in the first game back he fought Thornton even though it was a clear mismatched. Nobody whined about it and it was obviously coming. No issues with that.

This situation is utterly ridiculous however as it involves clean plays.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Lucic tried to do this while another Hab team mate was heading to the hospital not knowing how serious his health was, and your disgraceful team is trying to pull crap still. The Habs were just going through the motions in the third period, they were dumping the puck a lot they just wanted to get the game done and over with but the Bruins show no respect with that stupid little stunt at the end.
I had to quote this.

Who does this? What kind of pathetic men are Lucic and Horton? Was one guy on a stretcher not enough for them? They had to keep this sideshow going?

Old
03-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
This is utter stupidity on their behalf, I think their water has mercury and it's frying their brains. New Jersey has had our number for over a decade and I don't want to bash their skulls in.
I heard the water in the New York area was some of the best .. so..

Old
03-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Craig71

The fact that Lucic is still making these comments in light of the events of the last few days shows just how stupid he really is.

I have a question that has not been discussed throughout this whole thread.

If Lucic is still trying to settle the score with Pouliot, then he is he not admitting that what Chara did was repaying Max for the incident in January?

Someone in Boston needs to get this ape some bananas, he is a moron. He will get his soon enough. There are many NHLers who are watching this and can't wait to get a piece of the big bad Bruins.

I hope this incident sets the Bruins franchise back 10 years, it was awful to watch and I hope all those involved will somehow pay for all of it.

Old
03-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

- Lucic honestly showed his true colours by challenging Pouliot to a fight after what happened to Max Pac. Shows how much that piece of **** lacks class.

- Once again, IT WAS ****ING KREJCI WHO CHALLENGED POULIOT. He got what he deserved.

Closed Thread