HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins’ Lucic explains his attempts to get Habs’ Pouliot to fight (READ THE 1st POST)

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Haddock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
The only real problem with that last BOS-MTL game was the fact the B's lost. They really needed that win.

The whole business of player jealousy the smurf-fans have for the B's players is understandable though. MTL USED TO field teams that could protect themselves and each other.

Been a long time huh?
Sure. In the meantime Montréal is 4-1 against Boston this season.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Chuck Lefley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
No, the problem is the timing. MaxPac had left on a stretcher about 20min before after a devastating hit. The game was 4-1, there was no point to this whatsoever.

Also, I believe it was Melnik that said it best a few weeks ago. When has it become a necessity for players to seek retribution after opponents commit perfectly legal and clean hits/fights?..
Krejci challenged Pouliot. He lost. Why exactly does Pouliot need to answer the bell?..did he do anything wrong??? No, he won a fight, fair and square, and actually stopped punching once the opponent was down.
PK hits Marchand clean at the blue line. Now everybody is running after him because of it??...Why? It was a clean hit.
Oh...you hit my teammate cleanly! How dare you! You should not be allowed to check any of our players!!!!

What the heck seriously. If we were talking about something dirty, then okay. Begin crosschecked Savard from behind, and the next year in the first game back he fought Thornton even though it was a clear mismatched. Nobody whined about it and it was obviously coming. No issues with that.

This situation is utterly ridiculous however as it involves clean plays.
You are 100% correct. The real start to this year's hostilities was Subban's devastating,brilliant,clean hit on Marchand.

That little punk Marchand was gasping for air by the time he got back to the bench.

Krejci invited the fight...they had plenty of time to drop their gloves and take their helmets off...unlike the typical Bruin ambush tactics of jumping a guy when they aren't ready.

Pouliot one-punched him and very easily could have ended Krejci's season by hitting when he was down, but he did the right thing, the honourable thing and eased up.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:06 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
and horton who was running after pk trying to pick a fight, i swear to god those players are just retarded, how can you want more violence after seeing a player leave the game on a stretcher?

its mind-boggling really....
I've been saying it for a long time. There's a brutish hockey culture in Boston. I doubt everyone buys into it, but it's undeniably there. They have that stupid obnoxious bell that rings when they win a fight, while Jack Edwards sits there foaming at the mouth at the prospect of Pacioretty getting his head knocked off.

Like, when did Horton become such a tough guy? It's easy to try and knock Subban around when you know Lucic is probably gonna be the third man in, as he usually is.

It's this kind of atmosphere that makes it ok to pick a fight when you very nearly watched someone die on the ice.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Aurel Joliat

Lucic fought a true heavyweight 1 time in his career :
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/93016

That's why now he wants to fight Pouliot, Subban...

Old
03-10-2011, 03:12 PM
m00ks

Nature vs nurture.

I think its the team identity that's been ingrained into their fans for decades that essentially developed this culture. Philly fans also have it to an extent.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:15 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
That was my point, thank you for emphasizing it.
Case in fact, hockey begets injury, teams with no toughness beget injury.
Combine and cry.

Oh that's what's up.
And Savard and Bergeron? Is that also wassap?

Old
03-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Just doesn't make sense from Lucic, none at all. It was a clean fight between 2 non fighters, he didn't seem to upset that 3 fighters went after Pyatt, Hamrlik and Spacek. e should expect a Lucic vs White fight since White dominated that fight the other night.

AH Milan

Old
03-10-2011, 03:23 PM
EmelinBOOM74
NHL Managerial Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Lucic fought a true heavyweight 1 time in his career :
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/93016

That's why now he wants to fight Pouliot, Subban...
He's fought more than 1 heavyweight. He's also fought Erskine x2, Wade Brookbank, Ben Eager and Eric Boulton. However, most of his fights are against smaller guys.

Those are the only heavyweights (plus Orr) that he's fought out of 39 NHL fights to date. Pretty sad for a so-called "tough guy".

Old
03-10-2011, 03:25 PM
captain_kourageous

What is he trying to explain there? He still tried to send his messages after a guy nearly died on the ice. Nothing more to explain there. In fact, trying to give explanations makes him dumber than we thought he was. I can't believe how much of a joke this franchise and their fans is becoming.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKSubban View Post
He's fought more than 1 heavyweight. He's also fought Erskine x2, Wade Brookbank, Ben Eager and Eric Boulton. However, most of his fights are against smaller guys.

Those are the only heavyweights (plus Orr) that he's fought out of 39 NHL fights to date. Pretty sad for a so-called "tough guy".
Boulton you are right. Erskine is pretty tough but fight less than 5 times per year. Eager is not a heavyweight and Brookbank is AHL caliber

Old
03-10-2011, 03:39 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Potato View Post
If I remember well, it's actually Krejci who was pushing Pouliot and wanted to fight him and he got KOed.
Well here's the tape, look at the 47-48 second mark, Pouliot not even smiling and shaking his head. Seems like he thought it was stupid, he was pushed into a fight. He didn't want to do it but Krejci just wouldn't give up.

Last edited by googlymoogly: 03-10-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old
03-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
...ummm Pouliot did fight Krejci.

Its on youtube, brosef.
...ummmm, I think you totally missed the point.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
I think it all comes down to wanting to beat someone up.

That's the mentality of their entire organization and fanbase. It goes down through the team president, GM, coaches, players, media and fans.

How often do they take some small insignificant incident and blow it up into someone needing to be dealt with.

- Subban chirps so he needs to "stand up" for his actions.
- Subban throws a legal body check so he needs to "answer the bell".
- Pacioretty pushes Chara so he needs to "stand up" for his actions.
- Pouliot actually "answers the bell" when challenged, but unfortunately he wins so he'll need to "stand up" for himself again.

"Stand up", "Answer the bell" and all the other little euphemisms that their players, fans and media only mean that someone needs to get beat up. They aren't interested in any fair fights, just beatdowns.
Not sure if it could have been said any better.

A team of goons with a thug culture who seeks to fight all the time because that's the strength of the team. Cowards like Marchand who hides behind big ogres like Chara and Lucic and are more disrespectful in a one minute interview than Subban has been in his entire career.

Normally I'd say this behavior is bruins/flyers like and is an isolated incident, and it really is most of the time but the unfortunate part is that it's condoned by the league (jacobs as head of BoG, Campbell in charge of discipline).

The state of the reffing in the league and the discipline for illegal hits has been turning me away from the NHL for a while.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Habskrieg

Yea Lucic... Sure, I guess when you and Horton go after PK, you're clearly looking to fight people your size. And btw, Krejci went after Pouliot for a gith, no the other way around, and go his ass handed to him.

Lucic just keeps redefining the definition of what it means to be an authentic cretin.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Habsaholic

Lucic is 1 to talk! Look what happens when he fights real tough guys(which is rare), he begs the refs to stop it and pulls a ref between them (ex. Colton Orr). Gutless.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:58 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH˛ View Post
Not sure if it could have been said any better.

A team of goons with a thug culture who seeks to fight all the time because that's the strength of the team. Cowards like Marchand who hides behind big ogres like Chara and Lucic and are more disrespectful in a one minute interview than Subban has been in his entire career.

Normally I'd say this behavior is bruins/flyers like and is an isolated incident, and it really is most of the time but the unfortunate part is that it's condoned by the league (jacobs as head of BoG, Campbell in charge of discipline).

The state of the reffing in the league and the discipline for illegal hits has been turning me away from the NHL for a while.
I find it sad in a way, because a lot of good respectful players on the Bruins get lost in the WWE mentality of a few players on the team. Guys like Bergeron and Thomas deserve a lot of respect in my opinion, but it's hard to remember them when you get Lucic and Thornton trying to gang bang Komisarek every time Lucic gets laid out.

I even have a certain admiration for guys like Lucic and Marchand, but when they start with their neanderthal trash talking, like they're on Smackdown, I feel like I've been duped. Before last night, when was the last time a Canadiens player said anything bad about a player or team to the media. With certain Bruins players, they do it every time they're about to play us.

Old
03-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
I wouldn't be surprised if next game he goes after White for fighting a non-fighter in Boychuk or something. He is that stupid.

Old
03-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekay Zubban View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if next game he goes after White for fighting a non-fighter in Boychuk or something. He is that stupid.
The same guy who jumped another non-fighter. Those dump apes are pathetic. Makes me wish the Habs could borrow Matt Cooke for March 24 in Boston.

Old
03-10-2011, 04:29 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Well here's the tape, look at the 47-48 second mark, Pouliot not even smiling and shaking his head. Seems like he thought it was stupid, he was pushed into a fight. He didn't want to do it but Krejci just wouldn't give up.
Yeah that was one of the many moments where I was proud to be a habs fans and not a bruins fan. Pouliot's reaction right there tells us "wtf is wrong with this bruins team, why don't they just cool down and play real hockey for once. See? I was put in a situation where i had to punch one of your players, and that's just not my type of game. Are you happy now that one of your player got knocked down with a single punch? Do you still want to cheer for violence??". I remember when I saw him shake his head like that, I was so mad at the bruins and so proud of that particular reaction.

Similar feeling when I watched Arnold taking care of sub zero in "running man" : "not cheering so much now huh?, insane SOBs"

Old
03-10-2011, 04:42 PM
habs24

Ummm is it just me or am I the only one that thinks that Habs need a toughguy? Everyone on here rips Laraque but its already been proven that Lucic was a choirboy when BGL was on the ice. Most of you guys plus management hate the thought of having a toughguy in the lineup but there has been no more eveidence than the last 48 hours that the Habs desparately need one. Would Chara have acted so tough if the Habs had someone that would clean his clock? I don't think so and I know Lucic wouldn't. I have always stated that the habs needed someone. You guys think they will beat the with the "powerplay". Well sometimes you need a bit of retribution

Old
03-10-2011, 04:45 PM
ForzaAzzurri

What's up guys, I come in peace.

I just wanted to say I was an early defender of Lucic when he started to get crucified for going after Pouliot the other night, mainly because a lot of people (especially in the media) made assumptions and accusations on something they were neither a part of or had knowledge of.

In light of Milan's admission of his intent, I gotta say he's in the wrong on this one. Sometimes, you gotta just leave things alone, what happened happened. Especially if it didn't involve him.

Old
03-10-2011, 04:47 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaAzzurri View Post
What's up guys, I come in peace.

I just wanted to say I was an early defender of Lucic when he started to get crucified for going after Pouliot the other night, mainly because a lot of people (especially in the media) made assumptions and accusations on something they were neither a part of or had knowledge of.

In light of Milan's admission of his intent, I gotta say he's in the wrong on this one. Sometimes, you gotta just leave things alone, what happened happened. Especially if it didn't involve him.
Maybe he should look at his team in the mirror before making himself look like a complete retard. Krejci was willing to go with Pouliot and got dropped. What's next? He will go after White because White went after Boychuk? The whole Bruins mentality is cavemen material, like it or not. They better grow up because soon or a later someone will die on the ice because of them.

Old
03-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

Lucic is a gutless punk and this story just proves it.

Old
03-10-2011, 04:52 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs24 View Post
Ummm is it just me or am I the only one that thinks that Habs need a toughguy? Everyone on here rips Laraque but its already been proven that Lucic was a choirboy when BGL was on the ice. Most of you guys plus management hate the thought of having a toughguy in the lineup but there has been no more eveidence than the last 48 hours that the Habs desparately need one. Would Chara have acted so tough if the Habs had someone that would clean his clock? I don't think so and I know Lucic wouldn't. I have always stated that the habs needed someone. You guys think they will beat the with the "powerplay". Well sometimes you need a bit of retribution
Well... What happened with Chara goes beyond the toughguy debate, it's a matter of respect and morality. A toughguy is there to keep the physical pride of a team intact when the game of hockey is being played in a physical way. Having a toughguy as much more to do with how you want to look as a team than what the toughguy will eventually do if such a terrible thing happen. Hence the Laraque complete failure.

Old
03-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Pouliot should not even be an issue. Why do that after a Habs player has been taken out on a stretcher? He really wanted to fight this? Same thing with gutless Horton. What's the point?

Closed Thread