HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room III (all non-ATD topics here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2011, 01:25 AM
  #676
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Hossa is pretty much useless...
Lets just ignore the impact he had on the tying goal on the PK.

vecens24 is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 01:26 AM
  #677
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,698
vCash: 500
Aw crap

MadArcand is online now  
Old
04-27-2011, 01:56 AM
  #678
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Lets just ignore the impact he had on the tying goal on the PK.
He made two good plays in 7 games. That is not good enough or a guy who's supposed to be a difference maker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Luongo was spectacular (as was Crawford obviously). I hope this team just got past their nemesis and are on their way to a long run.
Seriously? Luongo was shaky all night. He let out bad rebounds, couldn't catch pucks that were right in his glove, and he was flopping pretty bad on a lot of scrambles.

The Hawks just never got any good shots off. Luongo didn't make a tough save all night.

Dreakmur is online now  
Old
04-27-2011, 01:59 AM
  #679
hungryhungryhippy
Registered User
 
hungryhungryhippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
I agree, except he made that one huge, tough save on the PP in OT right before the goal. That pretty much redeemed him in my books.


Last edited by hungryhungryhippy: 04-27-2011 at 02:10 AM.
hungryhungryhippy is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 02:00 AM
  #680
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Seriously? Luongo was shaky all night. He let out bad rebounds, couldn't catch pucks that were right in his glove, and he was flopping pretty bad on a lot of scrambles.

The Hawks just never got any good shots off. Luongo didn't make a tough save all night.
I hope you're joking.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 02:02 AM
  #681
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
I hope you're joking.
I was pulling for Chicago, and even though Vacouver dominated the game, there was always hope for a bad goal. Luongo was not sharp at all.

Dreakmur is online now  
Old
04-27-2011, 02:08 AM
  #682
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
I was pulling for Chicago, and even though Vacouver dominated the game, there was always hope for a bad goal. Luongo was not sharp at all.
Luongo was not sharp at al but he was 2 minutes away from a shutout...

Sure. Just like Triple H said, he was good tonight and he redeemed himself.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 02:10 AM
  #683
hungryhungryhippy
Registered User
 
hungryhungryhippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
I don't think he was good tonight. He was fine, but he looked shaky at times for sure. He redeemed himself with the big save.

hungryhungryhippy is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 02:15 AM
  #684
seventieslord
Moderator
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Seriously? Luongo was shaky all night. He let out bad rebounds, couldn't catch pucks that were right in his glove, and he was flopping pretty bad on a lot of scrambles.

The Hawks just never got any good shots off. Luongo didn't make a tough save all night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhungryhippy View Post
I agree, except he made that one huge, tough save on the PP in OT right before the goal. That pretty much redeemed him in my books.
I agree with both of you. Vancouver was just better all night. Luongo didn't have to do much. When he did, he didn't look good. The PP save was his crowning moment though.

Poor Campoli...

seventieslord is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 02:20 AM
  #685
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhungryhippy View Post
I don't think he was good tonight. He was fine, but he looked shaky at times for sure. He redeemed himself with the big save.
What big save are you talking about? I don't remember him making one.

Dreakmur is online now  
Old
04-27-2011, 02:37 AM
  #686
vancityluongo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 11,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
What big save are you talking about? I don't remember him making one.
See: Sharp, Patrick, in OT.

Luongo gave his team the chance to win. Crawford was magnificent, and better, but I have no qualms with Lu.

vancityluongo is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 02:46 AM
  #687
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
See: Sharp, Patrick, in OT.

Luongo gave his team the chance to win. Crawford was magnificent, and better, but I have no qualms with Lu.
That's the one I thought you might be talking about, but I wouldn't call that a good save.

It was a timely stop, for sure, but what goalie doesn't stop that? He came across his net, like every goalie would have, and the puck hit him in the chest. He didn't even react to the shot - it just hit him in the chest. If he was on his game, he would have held onto the puck for no rebound.

Another example of Chicago not making good shots.

Dreakmur is online now  
Old
04-27-2011, 02:51 AM
  #688
hungryhungryhippy
Registered User
 
hungryhungryhippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
okay professor dreak

hungryhungryhippy is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 02:52 AM
  #689
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhungryhippy View Post
okay professor dreak
You think most goalies would let that in?

Dreakmur is online now  
Old
04-27-2011, 02:56 AM
  #690
hungryhungryhippy
Registered User
 
hungryhungryhippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
I'm just teasing....

But if you want my honest answer, I think Luongo would usually let that in against the Hawks.

hungryhungryhippy is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 03:10 AM
  #691
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhungryhippy View Post
I'm just teasing....

But if you want my honest answer, I think Luongo would usually let that in against the Hawks.

Dreakmur is online now  
Old
04-27-2011, 04:59 AM
  #692
Nalyd Psycho
Registered User
 
Nalyd Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: No Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,233
vCash: 500
What was really impressive was the Canucks D corralling rebounds.

__________________
Every post comes with the Nalyd Psycho Seal of Approval.
Nalyd Psycho is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 05:36 AM
  #693
jarek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,020
vCash: 500
And Mike Camalleri is leading the playoffs in scoring. The guy is so clutch. I anticipated this.

jarek is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 10:34 AM
  #694
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
That's the one I thought you might be talking about, but I wouldn't call that a good save.

It was a timely stop, for sure, but what goalie doesn't stop that? He came across his net, like every goalie would have, and the puck hit him in the chest. He didn't even react to the shot - it just hit him in the chest. If he was on his game, he would have held onto the puck for no rebound.

Another example of Chicago not making good shots.
I wouldn't call it Chicago not making good shots either though. That puck was on edge when it got to him and he didn't have time to settle it. Sharp put a pretty solid effort on to it, it just ended up hitting Lu in the right shoulder/top chest. It was a good stop, and certainly a big save, but not a spectacular one or anything.

vecens24 is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 10:50 AM
  #695
vancityluongo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 11,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhungryhippy View Post
I'm just teasing....

But if you want my honest answer, I think Luongo would usually let that in against the Hawks.
Bingo. I'm just happy Luongo's brain didn't explode on the ice after that Toews goal.

vancityluongo is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 11:53 AM
  #696
Hawkey Town 18
Moderator
 
Hawkey Town 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,734
vCash: 500
Tough loss, I hate to see the series end on a play like that. I'm proud of the Hawks for not giving up, but we were severely outplayed that last game. Thanks to Crawford for keeping us in it, he was phenomenal. It will be interesting to see what the effect of this series is on the Canucks. I can see it being a good kick in the a$$/wake up call for the skaters, but I don't think Luongo is going to be able to take them all the way.

Hawkey Town 18 is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 12:41 PM
  #697
arrbez
bad chi
 
arrbez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,610
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhungryhippy View Post
I don't think he was good tonight. He was fine, but he looked shaky at times for sure. He redeemed himself with the big save.
He'll definitely need to learn to control a rebound or two. On the whole, I didn't think he looked very good at all last night.

arrbez is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 03:12 PM
  #698
Hawkey Town 18
Moderator
 
Hawkey Town 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,734
vCash: 500
Not a fan of a team Captain saying stuff like this after winning a series (especially one that ended in Game 7 OT)...


“They had no business being in the series,” Sedin said. “We outplayed them badly for five games.”


Good luck with that guy leading you.

Hawkey Town 18 is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 03:16 PM
  #699
BraveCanadian
Registered User
 
BraveCanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Not a fan of a team Captain saying stuff like this after winning a series (especially one that ended in Game 7 OT)...


“They had no business being in the series,” Sedin said. “We outplayed them badly for five games.”

Good luck with that guy leading you.
Wow, did he really?

BraveCanadian is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 03:17 PM
  #700
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
I wouldn't call it Chicago not making good shots either though. That puck was on edge when it got to him and he didn't have time to settle it.
It wasn't a good shot. There's a good reason that Sharp couldn't put it where he wanted, but that doesn't make it a tougher save.

Even if he did have time to settle it down, he shouldn't have. Any extra time he takes to shoot is extra time for the tender to get set. There's a reason one-timers are so effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Sharp put a pretty solid effort on to it, it just ended up hitting Lu in the right shoulder/top chest. It was a good stop, and certainly a big save, but not a spectacular one or anything.
Not only would every NHL starting goalie make that save, every back-up would make that save. Every AHL goalie would make that save. Every ECHL goalie would make that save. Every OHL, WHL, and QMJHL goalies wold make that save too. Pretty much any rep goalie who's 15+ years old is going to make that save.

Dreakmur is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.