HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room III (all non-ATD topics here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
I used to erase every mention of the players name in the quotes - change them all to "him" or "he". I wanted people to read them and try to guess who it was

You guys want me to put the names at the top?
Your bios are fantastic, don't get me wrong. Just trying to figure out who the player is, that's all, as long as it's somewhere!

Old
03-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Your bios are fantastic, don't get me wrong. Just trying to figure out who the player is, that's all, as long as it's somewhere!
I love your avatar!

Bacon strips, and bacon strips, and bacon strips, and bacon strips, and bacon strips..... and bacon strips, and bacon strips....

We 'bout to get drunk off pancakes!

Old
03-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

vCash: 50
Here are the player I created in NHL 10...

I didn't focus on the overalls , because overalls are pointless , I just gave them the attributes I thought were fair.

I didn't do it for players that played on obscur team yet because I focused on stacked teams.

Islanders - Potvin , Bossy , Trottier and will create Smith.

Philadelphia - Clarke , Lindros , LeClair , Desjardins ( decided not to create the old wingers because they already are stacked but had to re-create the Lindros-LeClair-Desjardins , more memories of them and of course Clarke.Maybe I should create Mark Howe? )

Devils - Stevens and boosted Brodeur and added Niedermayer

Toronto - None , but will create Gilmour , Mahovlich , Sittler and Clark in the upcoming days.Any other suggestions? Leafs are not really a team with glorious players , strangely.Also added a boosted Sundin.

Pittsburgh - Added a really boosted Jagr , Lemieux and will probably create Francis , Pronovost and Murphy to give them a good defenseman ( already created Coffey but with Edmonton ) Boosted Letang a bit.Might trade Kovalev to them but he's with the habs and I like it.

Boston - Bourque , Orr , Shore , Esposito.Will create Schmilt and Neely in the upcoming days.By far the best defense in the league with Chara.

Chicago - Hull , Mikita , didn't checked if Chelios was in the game , will boost him and trade him there , will also create Savard soon.Will probably trade Roenick there also and boost him.

Edmonton - Gretzky , Coffey and Messier.Will create Kurri and maybe Lowe.

Detroit - Howe , boosted Lidstrom a bit , will create Yzerman , Lindsay , Kelly and Sawchuk.

Montreal - Now I have a problem , I created myself in the habs , but all the habs historical players are already created in the historic team , but I can't find the way to trade them to the real squad.I don't want the historic team to be the real team becase there's too many of them while I only created a couple for the other teams.I will keep myself in the habs squad , and add Lafleur , M.Richard , Béliveau , Roy , Harvey and Robinson.I will stop there , of course the habs will have 1 or 2 morep layers , but this what you get for being a 24 cups winner.Anybody knows how to do this?

Any suggestion on players?

My next team is Colorado/Quebec... will create Sakic if he's not there , Forsberg , trade and boost Blake , create Goulet and Peter Stastny.Will boost Foote.Unfortunately Roy and Bourque won't be available for them.

Last edited by Jafar: 03-16-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old
03-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
I love your avatar!

Bacon strips, and bacon strips, and bacon strips, and bacon strips, and bacon strips..... and bacon strips, and bacon strips....

We 'bout to get drunk off pancakes!
Hey hater! While you were sleepin' we were meat grindin'!

Love those guys

Old
03-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Hey hater! While you were sleepin' we were meat grindin'!

Love those guys
They're great haha. They're from my neighborhood also - went to high school with Muscles Glasses (though he's a few years older than me - his brother's my age, and is a friend of mine).

Old
03-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Derick*

Send a message via MSN to Derick*
Reen I am disturbed by the lack of updates on how drunk you are lately.

Old
03-16-2011, 09:38 PM
JFA87-66-99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Here are the player I created in NHL 10...

I didn't focus on the overalls , because overalls are pointless , I just gave them the attributes I thought were fair.

I didn't do it for players that played on obscur team yet because I focused on stacked teams.

Islanders - Potvin , Bossy , Trottier and will create Smith.

Philadelphia - Clarke , Lindros , LeClair , Desjardins ( decided not to create the old wingers because they already are stacked but had to re-create the Lindros-LeClair-Desjardins , more memories of them and of course Clarke.Maybe I should create Mark Howe? )

Devils - Stevens and boosted Brodeur and added Niedermayer

Toronto - None , but will create Gilmour , Mahovlich , Sittler and Clark in the upcoming days.Any other suggestions? Leafs are not really a team with glorious players , strangely.Also added a boosted Sundin.

Pittsburgh - Added a really boosted Jagr , Lemieux and will probably create Francis , Pronovost and Murphy to give them a good defenseman ( already created Coffey but with Edmonton ) Boosted Letang a bit.Might trade Kovalev to them but he's with the habs and I like it.

Boston - Bourque , Orr , Shore , Esposito.Will create Schmilt and Neely in the upcoming days.By far the best defense in the league with Chara.

Chicago - Hull , Mikita , didn't checked if Chelios was in the game , will boost him and trade him there , will also create Savard soon.Will probably trade Roenick there also and boost him.

Edmonton - Gretzky , Coffey and Messier.Will create Kurri and maybe Lowe.

Detroit - Howe , boosted Lidstrom a bit , will create Yzerman , Lindsay , Kelly and Sawchuk.

Montreal - Now I have a problem , I created myself in the habs , but all the habs historical players are already created in the historic team , but I can't find the way to trade them to the real squad.I don't want the historic team to be the real team becase there's too many of them while I only created a couple for the other teams.I will keep myself in the habs squad , and add Lafleur , M.Richard , Béliveau , Roy , Harvey and Robinson.I will stop there , of course the habs will have 1 or 2 morep layers , but this what you get for being a 24 cups winner.Anybody knows how to do this?

Any suggestion on players?

My next team is Colorado/Quebec... will create Sakic if he's not there , Forsberg , trade and boost Blake , create Goulet and Peter Stastny.Will boost Foote.Unfortunately Roy and Bourque won't be available for them.
If you want to get the historic habs players on to your teams just create a team, then fill your created team up with those habs players. Then just release them off of your created team into the free-agent list. Then you can assign them to whatever NHL teams you want.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:16 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Good old hfboards...

I got an infraction for bumping a thread, can you believe that. Now I can't get ****in PM's if I miss a pick over this I'm gonna be ****in pissed.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:28 AM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Good old hfboards...

I got an infraction for bumping a thread, can you believe that. Now I can't get ****in PM's if I miss a pick over this I'm gonna be ****in pissed.
I just made a plea on your behalf to get it taken down to a warning on the Mod board. We'll see what Timmy says, it's his call.

I swear if he says okay and you bump a thread during this draft again I'm going to mod-troll you all over the boards and get you banned

Old
03-17-2011, 12:34 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
I just made a plea on your behalf to get it taken down to a warning on the Mod board. We'll see what Timmy says, it's his call.

I swear if he says okay and you bump a thread during this draft again I'm going to mod-troll you all over the boards and get you banned

Thanks man. I promise I'll behave, lol.

Old
03-17-2011, 10:51 AM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post

Thanks man. I promise I'll behave, lol.
No dice on the infraction getting overturned, however he did mention you should have a PM quota of 10 since you only have ten points

Old
03-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Jafar
Keep it logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
Reen I am disturbed by the lack of updates on how drunk you are lately.
I was drunk a couple of time this week but I'm starting to slow down on the alcohol in general.

Old
03-17-2011, 05:51 PM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 873
Quote:
I was drunk a couple of time this week but I'm starting to slow down on the alcohol in general.
Drunk a couple of time already in the middle of the week = slowdown? Good for you I guess ...

Old
03-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
They're great haha. They're from my neighborhood also - went to high school with Muscles Glasses (though he's a few years older than me - his brother's my age, and is a friend of mine).
That's cool man! I saw they were Montreal-based, I'd do anything to be friends with the main guy, he's hysterical.

You gotta wonder how those guys stay in shape, they always eat start to finish, no matter how big. I hear MusclesGlasses is a personal trainer, but the portions of food, and the nasty amounts of fat and calories are preposterous. Besides copious amounts of sexual acitivity (If anybody has seen the protein one)

Beast Mode Engaged.

Old
03-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
Drunk a couple of time already in the middle of the week = slowdown? Good for you I guess ...
I said I slowed down in general , this week was a bit excessive.

2 years ago it would have been a slow week though.Thank god I've changed.I lived a pretty rock n roll lifestyle for a couple of years.

Old
03-17-2011, 05:59 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
No dice on the infraction getting overturned, however he did mention you should have a PM quota of 10 since you only have ten points
Thanks for trying anyways. Such a chincy infraction, I'm pretty choked. I have tried to send PM's I can't - I don't know if I can receive them or not.

Old
03-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

Quote:
I said I slowed down in general , this week was a bit excessive.

2 years ago it would have been a slow week though.Thank god I've changed.I lived a pretty rock n roll lifestyle for a couple of years.
Could it really be... is Reen Machine, CHARLIE SHEEN!?!?!? it all makes sense now.

Old
03-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

Quote:
Could it really be... is Reen Machine, CHARLIE SHEEN!?!?!? it all makes sense now.

I once was a Charlie Sheen in my own way you could say

Fortunately I stopped before falling from grace.

Old
03-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
That's cool man! I saw they were Montreal-based, I'd do anything to be friends with the main guy, he's hysterical.

You gotta wonder how those guys stay in shape, they always eat start to finish, no matter how big. I hear MusclesGlasses is a personal trainer, but the portions of food, and the nasty amounts of fat and calories are preposterous. Besides copious amounts of sexual acitivity (If anybody has seen the protein one)

Beast Mode Engaged.
Oh yeah, MG is a workout machine - probably why he's the main eater

Old
03-17-2011, 11:00 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

4 shots of Irish whiskey and a guineas for 20 bucks. That's for normal people. Since I am friends with the bartenders, shots get doubled. Keep this in mind with everything I say tonight. Much better than the green beer the dbags from jersey drink (I'm originally from jersey)

Old
03-18-2011, 01:10 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
4 shots of Irish whiskey and a guineas for 20 bucks. That's for normal people. Since I am friends with the bartenders, shots get doubled. Keep this in mind with everything I say tonight. Much better than the green beer the dbags from jersey drink (I'm originally from jersey)
Really? Someone is way too old for posts like this. I really should be banned from my iPhone after a certain hour... At least I didn't text anyone...

Old
03-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Really? Someone is way too old for posts like this. I really should be banned from my iPhone after a certain hour... At least I didn't text anyone...
how old are you?

that's what I say to myself everytime I wake up from a drunken night.

Old
03-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Shots are nothing but trouble. I still pound back a fair amount of liquor, but never shots.

03-18-2011, 01:34 PM
hungryhungryhippy

Shots are the way to go

Old
03-18-2011, 01:35 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

I thought i was being all dignified too, drinking nice Irish whiskey. Oops.

Closed Thread